Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> Suggestions

Tactics as a teamwork factor. (6)

no Fake Empire >> friday april 5 - 17:54, Edited friday april 5 - 18:09

Short summary: Use tactics as a teamwork factor to increase the complexity of the match engine and increase the viability of different strategies/line-ups. Increase effectiveness of more midfielders and forwards with higher tactics and decrease the effectiveness of 5 in the back without high tactics. 

No need to read past this point tbh, just speculation by someone who doesn’t know how the match engine works.

I don’t know exactly how the match engine is set up, so I can’t say how difficult it would be to implement what I am proposing, hopefully it would be possible by just adding some extra calculations to each match event.

I’m thinking basically of having offensive actions as individual skill of active players (passer, shooter, receiver) plus a supporting bonus based on tactics of teammates in the area and their individual skill.
Offensive contribution = Individual skill of active players + Teamwork factor(tactic)*individual skill of supporting players.

While defensive actions with more than 1 player in the same area is conditioned upon their tactics skill.
Defensive contribution= Teamwork factor(tactics) * individual dueling and blocking of each player.

In situations where you have an active defender(tackling), the contribution of the active player(tackler) is not conditioned upon the teamwork factor.

I would imagine the teamwork factor for n players in an area be something like: 
(log8(T(n1))+log8(T(n2)) +log8(T(n3)+log8(T(ni)))/n^1,15. (this would obviously not work in something like a corner situation).

So for 3 players(n1, n2 and n3) with tactics 4, 5 and 6(after bonuses) the teamwork factor would be (log8(4)+log8(5)+log8(6))/(3^1,15)=0,651.

So for blocking a shot their defensive contribution would be 0,651*(n1(blocking, dueling)+n2(blocking, dueling)+n3(blocking, dueling)).

What I am suggesting might encourage doubling midfielders and attackers on 1 side to maximize offensive bonuses, to counteract this some sort of rather large bonus for midfielders without any opposing players in the same area could be implemented, making unbalanced lineups a huge risk factor defensively.

Examples of how tactics as a teamwork factor could work during different events. I will not consider speed, strength and endurance at all. Match events helpfile linked below for those who wish to look at how the events are described there:

https://rockingsoccer.com/en/soccer/help/home/category-1/article-2

Sorry in advance for the amount of “and” used. Number after player describes which team they are on(1 or 2). “+” signs are used to separate contributions.

Tackle event:

Player A1 is tackling player A2, player B1, C1 and B2 is in the same area. Success determined by dueling skill of A1 and A2 + tactics of A1, B1 and C1 and dueling of B1 and C1 + tactics of A2 and B2 and dueling skill of B2.

Comment: Additional players in the area helps based upon their tactics. Function for tactics for x number of players needs to be balanced. The idea is basically that without any sort of tactics(teamwork) the players A1 and A2 gets no help during the tackle event.

Pass event:

Player A1 is passing the ball to player B1. Player C1 and A2 is in the same area as player A1. Player B2 and C2 is in the same area as player B1.

Success determined by highest passing skill of A1 and B1 + Tactics of A1 and C1 and passing of C1 + Blocking and dueling of A2 and tactics of A1 and C1 and dueling of C1 + Tactics, Blocking and dueling of B2 and C2 and dueling of B1.

Comment: 2vs1 position passing to a 1vs2 position. The additional teammate in area 1 should make it easier for A1 to make the pass both with his passing skill and using his own dueling to disturb the opponent. In the 1vs2 situation on the receiving end, the teamwork(tactics) of the two defenders combined with their own skill determines their chances for intercepting the pass. The dueling skill of the receiver B1 can disrupt their attempt at intercepting the pass.

Shot event:

Player A1 is shooting, player B1, A2, B2 and C2 is in the same area. The goalkeeper is player G2.

Success determined by shooting of player A1 + blocking of keeper G2 + tactics of player A1 and B1 and shooting of player B1 + tactics, dueling and blocking of player A2, B2 and C2 + dueling of player A1 + tactics of player A1 and B1 and dueling of player B1.

Comment: Reduce the effectiveness of large number of defenders if they don’t have high tactics. Add to the effectiveness of more attackers if they have high tactics.

Assist event:

Player A1 is assisting to player B1. Player C1 and A2 is in same area as A1. Player B2, and C2 is in same area as B1. Keeper G2 is in goal. No other players between B1 and goal.

Success determined by passing of A1 + tactics of A1 and C1 and passing of C1 + tactics of A1 and C1 and dueling of C1 and blocking and dueling of A2 + tactics, dueling and blocking of player B2 and C2 + dueling of player B1. After that the rest is calculated as the shot event.

no Fake Empire
User
Registered2013-06-23
eng holt >> friday april 12 - 05:44

You should ask Vincent through PM on this.

eng holt
Registered2013-05-18
no Fake Empire >> wednesday april 17 - 13:49

@holt

Since Vincent himself and moderators from time to time comment on suggestions I assume that all suggestions they see as viable make their way to the development team anyway, so I won't bother Vincent with a PM. 

My hope is that they are working on the match engine updates Vincent mentioned in september and that this suggestion might impact/help them. 

I have some free time now during this Easter and I want to learn more Python. Therefore I am trying to make my own simplified match engine to test out this idea and see if it is possible to make the game more interesting on a tactical level without increasing the server load too much. If I get it up and running well enough to simulate matches I will report back here on how the "tactics as a teamwork factor" works. 

no Fake Empire
User
Registered2013-06-23
eng holt >> wednesday april 17 - 16:02

@Fake Empire Vincent does not reply anymore to suggestions.Only to bugreports.Also,I think that Vincent said that this website is coded in PHP.You should try experimenting with different combinations of advanced tactics too.

eng holt
Registered2013-05-18
no Fake Empire >> wednesday april 17 - 17:30, Edited wednesday april 17 - 17:36

@holt

Vincent replied to a thread in suggestions on the 10th of April, which implies that he is at least sometimes present here.

The match engine is coded in JavaScript(but I will use Python as it is of personal interest to me). 

no Fake Empire
User
Registered2013-06-23