Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> Suggestions

Selling a player to the bank(33% of value) (28)

pl Devilpage >> thursday january 16 - 16:17
People with the 10-12 lvl academy have a problem selling players. Those who have already made a jump back for light years, the rest have insurmountable situations. After all, we should not give away players trained after a few seasons in the base for level 4 for about 22 million

Simple player value € 240 000 000 you can sell him to bank for79 200 000

Honest solution instead of condemning the rest of the clubs to being slaves of the rich who immediately invested in the academy and sold players after drawing them without training for huge amounts
pl Devilpage
User
Registered2013-10-26
pl Konstytucja Wojny
il Numpty >> thursday january 16 - 18:00, Edited thursday january 16 - 18:12

I am struggling to follow your reasoning.

"Simple player value € 240 000 000 you can sell him to bank for79 200 000"

Why? If no-one wants to buy him for 79 million then why should the bank pay that instead? 

In a market economy players will sell for what they are worth. The fact that it's difficult to sell players with a high market value then that probably proves that the in-game valuation is flawed.  

It would be better to allow players to be listed for less than 50% of their "value" and then let any potential bidders set the price. 

• "instead of condemning the rest of the clubs to being slaves of the rich who immediately invested in the academy"

This appears to contradict your suggestion to sell high value players to the bank.

If they could guarantee a good price for their youths then that would only encourage the richer clubs to invest in their academies and condemn "the rest of the clubs to being slaves of the rich". 

So I am left very confused by the suggestion. 

Regarding your final point

• sold players after drawing them without training for huge amounts

These kind of players are the ones that have been priced by market forces. Someone paid a huge amount because they believed the player was worth it. So they weren't bought by the bank and there was no fudge factor. I see no problem with that. 

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
ee Balthazor >> thursday january 16 - 18:14

Solution would be new correction of formulas for market value, but devs seem to be not interested in that already years. Then red stars were probably not yet very common on players. 

Original suggestion would make impossible to buy players of that area for reasonable price, which is lower.  Mid-class teams which would need such players should highly overpay for them and their progress would be stopped because lack of finances.

ee Balthazor
User
Registered2013-12-01
ee Dünamo Tallinn
il Numpty >> thursday january 16 - 18:31, Edited thursday january 16 - 18:33

Agree with @Balthazor

Thinking this through a bit further. Essentially the proposal is to increase the maximum bank value from the current $25 million. 

What would be the knock-on effect of doing this?

1. All the clubs who "farm" players would be able to generate much larger sums and make bigger profits. 

2. This would have the greatest benefit on the clubs who (a) have the highest talent/highest value players and (b) farm the most players. 

3. Greater seasonal profits would enable the richer clubs to be able to sustain higher level academies.

4. Mid level players, who can often be bought for near the max bank value, would increase significantly in price. 

5. The biggest losers would probably be the less active managers who do little or no 'farming'.

So it would seem to me that the rich clubs would get even bigger and the mid level and smaller clubs would find it more difficult to buy more expensive mid level players. 

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
eng Stephen >> thursday january 16 - 21:14, Edited thursday january 16 - 22:55

For me, the bank shouldn’t pay out more than it does already. It’s designed to get rid of unwanted players from the game not act as a substitute for the transfer market. There are problems with the market for sure, but these need properly fixing.

I do think the market values need looking at. If I were not a VIP user, I’d be hugely annoyed at having to list a player worth a high value at minimum value and then have that players value drop for maybe two or three days until it reaches a price that people might start to want to pay. This is a big chunk of wasted time when one can have only two players listed at a time. Perhaps making it easier to list players at sensible prices might stimulate the market again? 

eng Stephen
Head Admin
Registered2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
nl Joost >> thursday january 16 - 21:48

I am afraid there is more wrong with market than just listing issues or value redesign (still good to do something about of course). This is because of the flaw in the financial system at the moment. I do not have an easy solution, but the new facilities do there job very well. The function is to get rid of an excess of money and this is working probably to well. Most managers as I can see try to get as big facility as they can finance. The general opinion is that building extra is good in case you can pay for it in the long term (despite some small part of the users which have different ideas).

The above mechanism is creating exactly the opposite situation as before. Cash is nowhere to find in the game as most users spend it for their facilities. It becomes worse and worse every transferperiod until we reach a point where the market activity is too low to circulate. However, the solution is not so easy in my opinion while for example lowering the upkeep costs of buildings will destroy the intention of the higher buildings: managers have to make choices. In this design it is possible to make a strategy and not just building all facilities to the maximum. Besides of this higher income will be like a shot of heroin. The extra amount will be used for more facilities and you will soon be in the same situation. 

I will find my way in any structure, however I think something have to be changed in the financial system. Maybe somethings like a forced transfer budget for teams. However, I also not 100% like ideas which forces a manager to play the game in a certain way. Maybe some kind of balance between extra facilities when there is too much money and some injection when there is not enough. However, this gives also problem while such a change is very impact full. It takes a lot of seasons to reach a new balance for teams and when the balance is found this probably has to be changed again. Besides of this facilities have to grow in certain time again and it will take an even longer time for new teams to be at a competitive level (this last problem  can be mitigated, but probably this have some effects also)

Just some thoughts about this subject.

nl Joost
User
Registered2016-06-30
nl FC OTB
pl Devilpage >> friday january 17 - 13:41

With all due respect but you are not (Numpty) yet at a level where you may have a problem with 22 million from the bank. Your warehouse is in the market sense worth nothing and if it wasn't for the help of this bank, you wouldn't have built any building. You have no idea about economy at the highest level. You've just reached level 8 academy and your player in freedom market value = 0

Only social from bank make your team money..

You earn on this despite the fact that your players are worth nothing, unlike mine from academy lvl 12 trained in base lvl 14 where i can't find a buyer and I would have to sell it to the bank for the same price which is just a robbery

At a time when people training players had to give up everything, such 15-year-olds from the academy were sold for amounts that even after 6 seasons of training (21 l usually very high ideal value for sale) could not be obtained from the academy by this level-two less. Best of all, these young talents were bought by people without training bases and after a few seasons they sold for about 25% of the purchase value

Here, of course, I write about users who have a bigger idea, not about those who are only just reaching the 10th level of the academy and training base (where once it was the maximum level and market and the number of transfers per window was large).

It drove the game now slowly the next ones leave and no new ones can be seen

pl Devilpage
User
Registered2013-10-26
pl Konstytucja Wojny
pl Devilpage >> friday january 17 - 13:45

In the current situation, it is best to buy a turnover for 2-5 million and train it to sell to the bank like newbies. It is like playing with a field or a greenhouse

pl Devilpage
User
Registered2013-10-26
pl Konstytucja Wojny
rs Miroslav Karaicic >> wednesday january 29 - 13:59

Why are the players sold to the bank, the ones no one wants to buy, removed from the game anyway? Wouldn't it be better they just join a bot team, where they would be the best player, maybe a star above the average rating of that club? If you limit it to bot teams only, there can be no misuse, no cheating, can it?

rs Miroslav Karaicic
Translator
Registered2015-01-24
ua Kalle >> thursday january 30 - 05:16

To limit the amount of players and money in the game. There are only so little botteams, they can't possibly buy all the player that the 4000 managers don't want

ua Kalle
User
Registered2013-06-19
nl PEC Zwolle
rs Miroslav Karaicic >> thursday january 30 - 07:13

@Kalle  True, but once a bot team receives a somewhat better player, that was initially rejected from another club, one of their own players, a weaker one, becomes superfluous, so this one can be deleted from the game instead. The bot teams would be a bit better in quality, and a new manager would be more motivated if he realizes he could take over a not so weak team.

rs Miroslav Karaicic
Translator
Registered2015-01-24
nl Aad Mansveld >> friday january 31 - 18:18, Edited friday january 31 - 18:19

i am a dutch first league longtime and missed out on selling ST for 1.000.000 or higher what used to be the case. i find my way to 11 stadium now selling all my players for 25 procent of their value. i almost reached now the money needed. after building stadium 11 live is much easier dir me generating much more income. i made the mistake not selling my ST and upgrading ja3 en tc 2 before stadium 11. rasing the minimu is not a solution for the weaker or middle teams. its only makes palyers more expenive. 5.85 talents are sold now at 50 miljon. so choose your battle but donot count on pity money :)

nl Aad Mansveld
User
Registered2013-06-09
nl **** The Hague FC ****
nl Boy >> saturday february 1 - 05:52, Edited saturday february 1 - 05:54

Strangely people dont realize this game is going down to the selfish nature of the managers around. 

Complaining on all kind of things that prohibits them from getting even better and richer

A community thrives on everyone getting some kind of fun or satisfaction from a game. 

If the richer dont support new managers by "overpaying", say MV (market value) for them to survive or somehow be able to grow, then eventually only a few managers remain.

Raising all buildings to high levels mean you actually dont need other managers to grow, selfsupporting in a way.

This is the main reason the market feels dead

nl Boy
User
Registered2014-01-12
nl Beveren
pl Devilpage >> sunday february 2 - 12:11

There is a lot of truth in this.When the game had a maximum of 10 building levels, there were also the largest number of users and on the transfer market players had many offers.

pl Devilpage
User
Registered2013-10-26
pl Konstytucja Wojny
nl Boy >> sunday february 2 - 16:30

Exactly spot on. That change killed the game

nl Boy
User
Registered2014-01-12
nl Beveren