Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> General discussion

World Cup canceled (33)

nl Vincent de Boer >> monday june 22 - 09:47
Due to problems in the qualification tournament the world cup this season is canceled. We've tried to manually correct the draw, but this is very difficult. In order to avoid further consequences to the rest of the game we feel that canceling the event is the best course of action.

Our apologies for the people who looked forward to the event.
nl Vincent de Boer
Head Developer
Registered2012-10-15
au davo >> monday june 22 - 09:50

I see this thread being bombarded by off topic whinges. Thanks for the clarification though.

au davo
User
Registered2013-08-27
fr theo >> monday june 22 - 09:51

many thanks for the information vincent, it's nice to hear from the game.

damage to the world cup this season

fr theo
User
Registered2018-06-02
fr INF clairefontaine
nl Losing >> monday june 22 - 09:58, Edited monday june 22 - 09:58

I can't help but feel like taking action when the qualifications were stalled and before they disappeared could've prevented this. But having clarity instead of it being in limbo is a positive, at least.

nl Losing
User
Registered2017-05-06
tr çⒶrşı >> monday june 22 - 10:04

Reason for cancellation Covid-19 LOL

tr çⒶrşı
User
Registered2014-01-08
tr Beşiktaş JK¹⁹⁰³
za Kaizer Motaung Jr >> monday june 22 - 10:12

Covid-19 eish it's affecting us indeed

za Kaizer Motaung Jr
User
Registered2016-02-28
cl La Unión
za Kaizer Motaung Jr >> monday june 22 - 10:15

I bought VIP status just to be participate in the world cup and this is the thing:smirk:

za Kaizer Motaung Jr
User
Registered2016-02-28
cl La Unión
nl Aad Mansveld >> monday june 22 - 11:08

Very disappointed as manager of England. We should be compensated as manager.

nl Aad Mansveld
User
Registered2013-06-09
nl **** The Hague FC ****
eng wonderlust >> monday june 22 - 11:31, Edited monday june 22 - 11:32

Wow that's a blow.  Has the underlying problem been identified and are you confident that this won't happen again?  If not, do you think a lot of people will be put off managing an NT team or even buying membership?  We already have NT teams managed by bots from time to time (although perhaps because manager left the game during their NT term); this may become more regular with incidents like this.

PS Got all excited when I saw a first news bulletin in ages - this was a bit of a disappointment :-(

eng wonderlust
User
Registered2014-10-30
eng Forever We Are Wolves
tr Mustafa >> monday june 22 - 11:34

I was looking forward to this tournament.  I'm disappointed.  I hope there will be no such error again :((

tr Mustafa
User
Registered2014-03-22
tr FC Kadıoğlu Gençlik ⭐
ua Kalle >> monday june 22 - 11:45

Bad news is better than no news, but it's a pity it couldn't be fixed. Just had my VIP extended to be a coach of a NT. 

ua Kalle
User
Registered2013-06-19
nl PEC Zwolle
ee onuelver >> monday june 22 - 12:04

Maybe it's because of unrealistic 2-stage qualification system where results will disappear? You can see one-stage qualifications from past but not 2-stage qualifications.

Sad to see that Albania i have worked with in past will not get their first ever world cup. 

ee onuelver
User
Registered2014-09-02
ee Puka City Strikes Back
us cdowne >> monday june 22 - 12:09

As the Costa Rican NT manager, this is a real disappointment.  Costa Rica is not likely to qualify, so the opportunity to host was going to provide a unique opportunity to participate in the world cup.  I would ask if Cost Rica could host the next world cup, but that seems unlikely. 

us cdowne
User
Registered2014-05-13
us Sidney Town FC
il Numpty >> monday june 22 - 12:11

I also got a little excited when I saw there was a News item. 

I thought that maybe it was going to be a major announcement...

New development plans? Game under new management perhaps? Or maybe an explanation for the hiatus ... 

Nope. World cup cancelled - How very exciting! 

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets