Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> Suggestions

Extra friendly tokens for play-off teams (9)

nl Jort >> friday august 21 - 19:30

When your in the play-off for promotion/relegation there are no automatic friendlies arrangements which is good off course. But in the remaining days it's impossible for me to give all my players enough friendlies with only 5 tokens. Maybe these teams could get some extra?

nl Jort
User
Registered2018-02-06
nl FC Groningen
il Numpty >> saturday august 22 - 08:20

Good idea.

Or alternatively make the automatic friendlies optional, with something like a check box.  

If you have a large squad then it's not a problem to play friendlies during the play-offs as they can be used for the youngsters.  

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
au davo >> monday august 24 - 23:09

I sometimes struggle to get players on the fringe of my team to play their full 20/25 games. If people in the playoffs are getting extra friendlies can I have extra league games?

It is not obligatory that the friendlies are played prior to the season. There are many gaps in the season that they can be played. Friendlies do not impact the fitness of your players very much - certainly not when you compare it to the outrageous impact you get when your entire team are NT players and the managers of those teams play all of your players in both the qualifier and the interland, leaving half of your squad exhausted for the next 24+ hours.

au davo
User
Registered2013-08-27
il Numpty >> monday august 24 - 23:53

Jort's not asking for extra friendlies @Davo. Just the same as everyone else.

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
au davo >> tuesday august 25 - 14:20

I understand that. What I am saying is that teams who play in the playoffs have additional fist team games compared to those who are not in the playoffs.

Even with no VIP there is no issue with being able to give all of your players 6/8 friendlies throughout the season, unless you had 46 hardworking players and you played no friendly cups.

au davo
User
Registered2013-08-27
il Numpty >> tuesday august 25 - 14:35, Edited tuesday august 25 - 15:07

And so do teams who play in the Super Cup, the Champions league, the Continental leagues or the qualifying competitions.

Clubs qualify for these competitons in a similar way that other clubs do for the play-offs.   Besides which these 'extra league games' are no use if all the players have already had their 20 matches. These other competitions are far better are they not?

How many extra games did you get last season?

I agree with your second point. You can just about squeeze in 6 friendlies for every player if you have a completely full squad and make sure you use all your tokens by the time they reach 5. It's not always easy though if doing transfers as you may need a lot more. 

46 players x 6 matches each = 276 playing slots (possibly more with transfers)

non-VIP earns a max of 26 friendlies in 52 days so that's a possible 26 friendlies per season

26 x 14 slots per match = 364 playing slots (allows a possible 60 players to have 6 matches)

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
au davo >> wednesday august 26 - 02:03

None of the competitions that you referred to give "extra league games" as I stated.

Regarding the usefulness of these additional league games received in the playoffs and your statement that "if all the players have already had their 20 matches", I clearly stated "I sometimes struggle to get players on the fringe of my team to play their full 20/25 games."

A similar argument could be made regarding the "usefullness" of the additional friendlies as we both agree that there are more than enough opportunities with 26 friendlies in a season to cover the requirements of the entire squad.

As for how many "extra" games I played, I played in

4 more than the minimum number of cup games

1 more than the minimum number of U21 cup games

10 ACL games

1 Super Cup game

But I do not see the relevance of any of those. The comparison is between having friendlies and being in the playoffs.

The initial statement from @Jort of "But in the remaining days it's impossible for me to give all my players enough friendlies with only 5 tokens." was incorrect as he failed to take into account that he gets 0.5 tokens (min) per day and that allows each player to play their minimum number of friendly games.

On the matter of your previous message which states "Jort's not asking for extra friendlies @Davo. Just the same as everyone else." that is incorrect.

Jort is not asking for pre-scheduled friendlies to arrive at the end of the season, as those who are not in the playoffs receive, in fact he states that he thinks it is good that these games are not scheduled. He is asking for additional friendlies that he can schedule himself.

au davo
User
Registered2013-08-27
il Numpty >> wednesday august 26 - 07:49

No worries @Davo. We just have a different point of view.

In any event these suggestions are ignored and only serve as a place to discuss the game. 

Congrats on your Champions League performances.

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets