Foro: Inglés rss-feed

Este es el foro de debate general en inglés. Cuando escribas una entrada en este foro, debes utilizar este idioma. Las entradas en otros idiomas pueden ser eliminadas sin aviso previo. Este foro se divide en subsecciones para entradas con temas y objetivos distintos. Por favor, escribe sobre los fallos (bugs) del juego en la sección de fallos; antes de escribir una entrada, medita en que subsección dónde debería estar tu entrada.

Inglés >> Sugerencias

Player xp on transfer (18)

il Numpty >> lunes febrero 1 - 19:31, Editado lunes febrero 1 - 19:34

When a player is transferred a maximum of 5000 experience is passed on to the new owner. This makes sense as it stops people potentially passing a lot of hidden experience.

However, some transfers take a lot longer than others. A player can be on the market for a few days and a player review can also delay the transfer  for up to a day. If a player has exceeded the 5,000 limit then the duration of these negatively affects the player.   

In the latter case it seems a little unfair that some players lose xp if there is a long delay caused by the review process when other players go through quickly. 

So my suggestion is to set the 5,000 limit at the point the player is transfer listed, but it then accumulates as normal regardless of how long the transfer takes.  Or alternatively set the limit at the point the bidding actually ends.

Probably not much chance of this happening but no harm in having a discussion.

il Numpty
Usuario
Registrado2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
eng Stephen >> lunes febrero 1 - 19:36

Personally, I would have set the limit at one maximum click of the main skill for the position of the player. In other words, 10000 for defender, 11000 for forward, etc etc

It would be nice if the exp wasn't lost. But, even if Vincent were here to discuss this, he would probably just say what he always said in this situation: you buy the player you see.

eng Stephen
Administrador Jefe
Registrado2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
il Numpty >> lunes febrero 1 - 20:21, Editado lunes febrero 1 - 20:29

You buy the player that you see is a fair point. 

But I suppose you could reasonably argue you aren't buying a player to sit around eating cream buns and not training for an (in-game) week while WADA and/or FIFA do drug tests and make sure the paperwork is all in order. 

He would still be allowed to train while that all takes place.

Edit

I suppose an alternative suggestion that would achieve something similar is for all players to transfer to the buying club immediately, so before any review process. They just can't be selected for any matches until the review is complete. If the review fails then the transfer gets reverted.

That may be a much better way forward anyway.

il Numpty
Usuario
Registrado2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
eng Stephen >> lunes febrero 1 - 20:52

I'm not disagreeing with you. Just reporting Vincent's historical views.

eng Stephen
Administrador Jefe
Registrado2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
lv Namejs >> martes febrero 2 - 22:18

Much easier solution would be not to allow list player who has more then main skill maximum on transfer market. That way You buy player You see still applies but at the same time longlasting listings don't cause loss of XP

lv Namejs
Administrador del Foro
Registrado2014-07-06
lv Taurupes Dusmīgie Bebri
il Numpty >> martes febrero 2 - 23:12

Good suggestion @Namejs. 

il Numpty
Usuario
Registrado2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
eng Stephen >> miércoles febrero 3 - 19:17

I don't think that would be very user-friendly. If your player had say 6,000 exp, good luck getting him to the next main click in the midseason transfer window.

This is annoying enough for loan players in the end of season window. I'd be really frustrated if this was implemented for regular transfers too.

eng Stephen
Administrador Jefe
Registrado2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
il Numpty >> miércoles febrero 3 - 19:28, Editado miércoles febrero 3 - 19:30

I understood it differently @Stephen. 

The way it could work is that the maximum depends on the player's current training level, so that there is no need to pass on any excess xp as it can always be spent. 

For instance a trained midfielder can pass on up to 10,000 xp because more than that could be spent on Passing. If he has 6,000 (say) then he can be transfer listed. 

Whereas a younger player may have the next training of his main skill at (say) 5,000, so that's his transfer limit. If he has 6,000 then he can spend it on the main skill. 

il Numpty
Usuario
Registrado2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
lv Namejs >> miércoles febrero 3 - 20:02

What I meant was limits: 10k XP for midfielders and defenders, 11K XP for attackers and 13k XP for keepers, or in simplified situation 13k XP for all players

lv Namejs
Administrador del Foro
Registrado2014-07-06
lv Taurupes Dusmīgie Bebri
eng Stephen >> miércoles febrero 3 - 22:25

Ah, so a similar idea as I wrote in my earlier post. That's why I was confused - I thought this was a totally different idea :)

eng Stephen
Administrador Jefe
Registrado2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
il Numpty >> miércoles febrero 3 - 22:37, Editado miércoles febrero 3 - 22:45

I think the difference with @Namejs suggestion is that if you haven't spent the xp then you simply can't transfer list the player.

But when you do list the player the xp isn't capped at a maximum so there is never any loss of xp however long the listing and review takes. 

This also requires the limit to be changed so that the xp can be spent sensibly on any training so the player can always be transfer listed without any delay. Which effectively means the maximum on any main skill. 

Example

A player (a forward) has 19,000 xp so I spend 11,000 on Scoring which leaves him with 8,000. I can now transfer list him with the 8,000. He has multiple bids and the listing plus any review takes a little over 3 days.  During those 3 days he earns another 3,200 xp and when he transfers he comes with 11,200. 

il Numpty
Usuario
Registrado2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
eng Stephen >> jueves febrero 4 - 06:52

Yep, I got that. But thanks for the lengthy explanation :)

eng Stephen
Administrador Jefe
Registrado2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
au davo >> jueves febrero 4 - 08:19

I guess the issue is that the seller doesn't care and the buyer doesn't know how much xp the player has. When buying a player, you should always assume that they had 0 XP when they were listed. Anything else is a bonus.

au davo
Usuario
Registrado2013-08-27
il Numpty >> jueves febrero 4 - 08:51, Editado jueves febrero 4 - 09:03

My apologies. Also clarifying for a wider audience.

il Numpty
Usuario
Registrado2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
eng Stephen >> jueves febrero 4 - 09:07

@Davo - I suspect that was pretty much Vincent's thinking

eng Stephen
Administrador Jefe
Registrado2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach