League of Canada season 66 [2]

Forum: League forum rss-feed

Discuss your league, who are the favorites to win the league this season? Who will be promoted/relegated, how are you doing in the cup?

Return to forum index

Vacation in Toronto (10)

us John >> tuesday march 20 - 22:33

My wife and I are planning a vacation to Toronto in late June.  Any ideas on what to do?  Where to stay?  Where to eat?  We are driving from Michigan.  So far we are going to a Blue Jays game and the Hockey Hall of Fame.  Any good beaches?

us John
User
Registered2016-08-12
ca Ron >> thursday march 22 - 09:35, Edited wednesday april 11 - 20:14

Lots of great food places...The Bier Market on the Esplinod is amazing...If you are seeing a Jays game then hit up Gretzkys on Blue Jay Way before or after game...The Old Spagetti Factory is a Totonto classic and been around forever....As far as a beach if its warm enough hit up Toronto island the ferry will take you across....

ca Ron
User
Registered2013-12-26
bo Tupiza FC
ca Ron >> thursday march 22 - 09:37

http://www.thebiermarkt.com

a link for you

ca Ron
User
Registered2013-12-26
bo Tupiza FC
us John >> thursday march 22 - 14:43

Thanks Ron.  I've been to the Spaghetti Factory in Sacramento and it is delicious.

us John
User
Registered2016-08-12
ca Alex Seymour >> friday march 23 - 21:34

If you get out to the Toronto Islands, watch out for Hanlons Point. It's a nudist beach. I was unaware the first time and was forced to watch a naked volleyball match for 70 year olds during my picnic lunch.

You have to go up the CN tower for the view, Kensington Market and St Lawerence Market are good for food. You can prentend to be a hipster and take a selfie down Graffiti Alley on Queen Street.

As for places to stay, try and get downtown. The subway system here is pants at best.

ca Alex Seymour
User
Registered2013-12-02
ca Hamilton FC
us John >> sunday march 25 - 17:40

Thanks Alex!

us John
User
Registered2016-08-12
ca Sadrudin >> tuesday april 10 - 21:21, Edited tuesday april 10 - 21:21

I always like to go to various places in Little India and Chinatown in Toronto.

ca Sadrudin
Registered2016-06-18
ca Ron >> wednesday april 11 - 20:13

Greek Town on the Danforth for amazing food...drink and people watching....If you want a chance to see some celebrities who may be in town filming movies then hit up Yorkville....Also The Drake Hotel on Queen St has a fabulous rooftop patio for drinks and such....Last time I was there I had a beer and talked to Kiefer Sutherland from 24 and Designated Survivor Fame....

ca Ron
User
Registered2013-12-26
bo Tupiza FC
ca Ron >> wednesday april 11 - 20:13

I would also see if Toronto FC are in town when you are there...The atmosphere prior to the games and after is spectacular...

ca Ron
User
Registered2013-12-26
bo Tupiza FC
ca Vitale >> wednesday february 13 - 23:31

Also check out the beaches...take Queen St, & go east, or ask

ca Vitale
User
Registered2018-12-26