Forum: Anglais rss-feed

Ceci est le forum de discussion général en anglais. Lorsque vous écrivez sur ce forum, vous devez écrire dans cette langue. Les messages dans d'autres langues peuvent être effacés sans vous en informer. Le forum utilise des sous-sections pour vos messages avec différents sujets et objectifs. Merci de laisser vos messages concernant les problèmes dans la section problèmes et de prendre votre temps pour comprendre oú les autres messages doivent aller.

Anglais >> Questions

Promote youth (6)

in viktor >> dimanche avril 24 - 13:43

What happens to the youth players if you don't promote  them from the YA? How long do they stay in the YA?

Thanks

in viktor
Confirmé
Enregistré2013-05-22
in Air FC
eng FatherJack >> dimanche avril 24 - 14:53

They just disappear. I didn't log in for ages and I lost a couple. I think you must have about a season or so before they go away.

eng FatherJack
Confirmé
Enregistré2014-06-07
eng RSC FC
il Numpty >> dimanche avril 24 - 17:11, Modifié dimanche avril 24 - 17:16

30 days.

I find that's long enough to keep a full squad most of the time and then promote any new youths once I have made space at the next transfer window. Whether that's a sensible approach is another discussion.

il Numpty
Confirmé
Enregistré2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
in viktor >> dimanche avril 24 - 17:43

Thank you guys.

I agree it might not be the right strategy to have a squad so full that you cannot promote yourh but I did not pay attention to the squad size because I thought I had my u21 players spaced out right but it turns out I did not account for the couple of  +2 badged-and-ticketed-in-old-calico-robes delivered when they see a shiny new youth level

in viktor
Confirmé
Enregistré2013-05-22
in Air FC
il Numpty >> dimanche avril 24 - 18:06, Modifié dimanche avril 24 - 18:10

I would suggest the right approach with potentially running a full squad depends to a large extent on what level of youth centre/academy you have. 

The main benefit of having a full squad and keeping some youngsters in the youth centre for a short while is simply that it allows you to farm more players. So you can give xp to a couple of more players and thus increase your income.  

The downside is that the players that stay in the youth centre can't earn xp from playing matches. This may or may not be a problem depending on what their future role is likely to be and the timing of the promotion. 

Any youths promoted in the middle of the season still have a chance to 'catch up' with their matches, so delaying promotion until the mid-season window is not a big problem.  The issue is only with promoting youths who arrive during or after the mid-season window.

If they are valuable youths from a high level YA then it's best to promote them early so they don't miss out on earning any match xp. 

If they are from a lower level such as YC10/YA1 and only destined for farming purposes then missing out on some match xp is hardly a problem. In my view that's a very small price to pay for the benefit of farming 2 more players.  

il Numpty
Confirmé
Enregistré2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
in viktor >> lundi avril 25 - 22:00

My reasoning albeit for a much lower youth center level was the same. The Transfer market gave me access to better prospects than the YC. But the next 4-5 youth  players will be if not slightly better, at least younger. Since I have  fewer spots available till I convert players to staff or sell, I was trying to figure out how many I could stockpile in the academy without losing them. Your opst helps with that decision -Thanks Numpty

in viktor
Confirmé
Enregistré2013-05-22
in Air FC