Forum: Anglais rss-feed

Ceci est le forum de discussion général en anglais. Lorsque vous écrivez sur ce forum, vous devez écrire dans cette langue. Les messages dans d'autres langues peuvent être effacés sans vous en informer. Le forum utilise des sous-sections pour vos messages avec différents sujets et objectifs. Merci de laisser vos messages concernant les problèmes dans la section problèmes et de prendre votre temps pour comprendre oú les autres messages doivent aller.

Anglais >> Questions

Is the game "universe" still active? (6)

sk baggini >> jeudi juillet 13 - 15:05

I joined the game recently, firstly it didn't offer to me any team from my country, so I thought it's full, then I realized there are a lot of bot teams in Slovakia so I tooked the weakest team from lowest division. I tried to read all the information in the forum and found many things which aren't good.

I know Vince doesn't care about the game, just as on RockingRockets, but I would like to know, whether the game still works somehow. All the good teams have very good players and top facilities, so it's hard to catch them, but that's normal. The game killer is Museum, I know some managers said they are only playing the game because of this, but that single thing means new manager will never get close to old team. If someone gets 2 millions each day from museum at this moment and he can increase it without any limit, I will just never catch it. But put that fact aside, just like things in the game engine (DM problem, very old GKs, extreme wages of top players).

Usual way for other football management games is the fact, that you will buy some young player, train him and sell to better team for some good profit. If you are lucky, you can find some very good player in your academy and sell him for great money, which would help a lot. But does those thing work here?
It seems that selling very good player directly from the academy doesn't make sense here, because they will have no value and game engine will not allow high bid on such player. Is it at least possible to earn money by training players on low levels? I'm afraid of that, because it seems there are almost no players a bit better than me. Only bots and much much better teams who wouldn't buy my players, because even with training thay will be very weak compared to their players. So in your opinion, is it possible now to earn good portion of in game money by training players in relatively short period of time (I mean let's say two-three seasons, so half a year) on the level of novice?

sk baggini
Confirmé
Enregistré2023-06-27
ph Cresencio Fernando >> jeudi juillet 13 - 18:09

I think at this point training players for resale is a slow process. I think not much growth when TA=2. 

I would recommend you work at growing the fanshop and stadium for income. 

ph Cresencio Fernando
Confirmé
Enregistré2014-03-16
ph Davao Griffins
ee Balthazor >> jeudi juillet 13 - 18:17

It takes time, but ofcourse it's possible to close to top. 

You are getting Youth Center 3 which allows to open youth team in U21 league. So it would be better next to concentrate developing Training and ofcourse Stadium. With higher Training Centre you can develop and sell your own players and you can buy cheaply some other youngsters(talents between 4.5 and 5 are better) too and sell later for profit. TC10 is catchable on starter bonus period(6 months?). Don't pay over their "market value".

When your player is ready for selling, list him for market value and choose "selling to bank" option and you get 80% of his "market value" if it's not reaching to 28M euros. If some bot or other "farmer" doesn't buy him, then bank does. With very low TC  training progress is very slow, but focusing on youth is surely better than creating cemetary team from cheapening 30+ players- your results can progress and you can earn some money too. 

Surely after 3 seasons you are not ready for playing in top league with your team, but being promotion contender is not bad as for beginners TV-revenue is relatively big part of budget. It's useful to be one of top teams, but avoiding promotion until you are sure that can be at least mid-table team on next league. Slovakian league doesn't seem to be very comfort for new managers: there is surely some abyss between leagues as League 2 is fully populated and League 3 is almost bot-league

If you check several leagues and teams histories, you can see in several countries quite fresh top teams that have been several decades in lower leagues and recently progressed quickly. Meanwhile several top teams are in deep debts and will free their place at some point to others after they sell whole squad or it's so old that will decay quickly. Some managers will resign at some point and it will give opportunity to others. 

Sorry, it's my "professional cretinism" of being teacher :D

ee Balthazor
Confirmé
Enregistré2013-12-01
ee Dünamo Tallinn
il Numpty >> jeudi juillet 13 - 19:49, Modifié jeudi juillet 13 - 19:51

1. Reading lots of information on the forum was a very good move. Learning from the opinions - and disagreements - of experienced managers is probably the best way to get to grips with the details. You'll catch on quickly. 

2. Don't worry about the museum. The income growth is very slow and although it's worthwhile to keep building, it takes many years to get to anything decent. At best for a small number of clubs it might pay the wages of one top player. But for most it just provides a useful bonus.

3. You can certainly make money by selling players. For a starter club with a small stadium then the transfer market can be your main income which provides the cash to expand the stadium. But you do have to know what you're doing. If not then you can lose money instead.  

The most important thing is to have a decent training facility so you can increase the players' value at a good rate.

It costs a lot to buy top quality youngsters (or build and run the academies), so that's not an easy way to make a good profit. You can do  it but they also need top training facilities to get the most out of them. Poor quality youngsters don't work either because although they are cheap to buy you won't make much profit when you sell them.

So the best way is to work with mid-range youngsters. 

The turnaround time for buying and selling players depends on the player, the training facility and the manager's ability for spotting players with good growth potential.  

il Numpty
Confirmé
Enregistré2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
nl Ho_demi >> vendredi juillet 14 - 20:57, Modifié vendredi juillet 14 - 21:01

First of all welcome to the game :). I also started just a season ago and I do see your point, especially when starting in a bot-filled league.

In terms of finances it might be a blessing in disguise though, as raking up points will earn you a lot of TV revenue, which can be in the same range of your yearly sponsor money. For the stadium upgrades a botleage is a nightmare however, so I tried focusing a bit on popularity. Once you hit the next league this should not be an issue, and playing against teams that are ahead of you with much higher popularity will also ensure that your stadium is always filled!

My own youths I have so far mainly treated as bonus money, definitely non-negligible but also not enough to fund all the facility building.

nl Ho_demi
Confirmé
Enregistré2013-04-14
nl VV Bokjes
ph Cresencio Fernando >> samedi juillet 15 - 17:41, Modifié mercredi juillet 26 - 14:02

The question asked concerned the best way to earn game money. Yes, you can do some things with player training. But not much. It is very important to build facility , growing stadium and  fanshop is a necessary step to game income. Certainly, build players and play games, that is where the action and fun is. 

But don't skip the important step of building facility which improves income.

ph Cresencio Fernando
Confirmé
Enregistré2014-03-16
ph Davao Griffins