Forum: Anglais rss-feed

Ceci est le forum de discussion général en anglais. Lorsque vous écrivez sur ce forum, vous devez écrire dans cette langue. Les messages dans d'autres langues peuvent être effacés sans vous en informer. Le forum utilise des sous-sections pour vos messages avec différents sujets et objectifs. Merci de laisser vos messages concernant les problèmes dans la section problèmes et de prendre votre temps pour comprendre oú les autres messages doivent aller.

Anglais >> Discussion générale

Retirement of older players (374)

Next is 50% tax over 1bilion above balance in our total finance 

no Arturs >> vendredi mai 10 - 09:30

I think, gk retirement rule is best what could happen to us after long time. Finally gms need to spend time and work on long term strategy how to replace their players and not to sit on 45+ years old gks, who are never retiring from game and become stronger every season. Sometimes exploiting bugs becomes too crazy. Besides in real life many professionals retire long before they reach age of 40

no Arturs
Confirmé
Enregistré2015-01-06
jp Rusengo
nl Khraa >> samedi mai 11 - 09:22

The problem is now that the retirement of players has quite a big influence on the league. My 41yo GK retired, my competitors 57yo, 44yo and 41yo did not. Due to the fact that old GKs are still overpowered the random on retirement has quite a big influence on the game.

The retirement part is good, but does not solve the real problem. The blocking skill should deteriorate much faster so that GKs should be in their prime at 30-33.

nl Khraa
Confirmé
Enregistré2013-05-27
sco Tamaranth Gryphs
no Arturs >> samedi mai 11 - 09:36

But this situation happened because you all stacked multiple old goalkeepers. That was your decision as a gm to pull them in team. There is saying "cause and effect". People made situation difficult for themselves and now are working with effects of their choices.

no Arturs
Confirmé
Enregistré2015-01-06
jp Rusengo
il Numpty >> samedi mai 11 - 09:41

Yeah, the best - and correct - solution should be to change the Blocking calculation so that they peak a lot earlier.

And then by the time they reach 10% age factor the keepers are pretty useless and not worth keeping, so the whole retirement thing is no longer necessary - and can be retired. 

The retirement is just a lazy fix instead of doing it properly. It gives me absolutely no confidence in the game going forward. 

il Numpty
Confirmé
Enregistré2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
no Arturs >> samedi mai 11 - 09:44, Modifié samedi mai 11 - 09:46

Agree. That isn't the best long term solution, but as lazy as it is, it will work. I personally don't mind this rule because it will never affect my team. Besides, there will be more new goalkeepers coming out of youth academy or bought using credits just because they are needed. Smart gms will be good.

no Arturs
Confirmé
Enregistré2015-01-06
jp Rusengo
il Numpty >> samedi mai 11 - 09:54, Modifié samedi mai 11 - 10:05

"It will never affect my team."

And that's the core issue with it. With any major change to the game there will always be winners and losers.

But in a game that has been running for over 11 years and when people have put years of blood, sweat and tears into developing their club and players then any change has to be done in a way that minimises the winners and losers and is reasonably fair to everyone. 

All previous major changes have adopted that approach. But this retirement change has a small benefit to the majority of 'winners' and craps very heavily on a few of the 'losers'.

This is the reason that I have zero confidence in the game going forward. This has set a precedent where you  don't know what else might be changed in the future. Something else comes in with absolutely no notice and completely ruins your plans that may have taken years of effort.

You can't invest time in a game of strategy if there are major rules changes during the game. 

il Numpty
Confirmé
Enregistré2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
no Arturs >> samedi mai 11 - 10:20, Modifié samedi mai 11 - 10:28

As I said, many gms made poor decisions and used chance to get 40*+ 40+ years old keepers. I've been here for 9 years, more then 7 years on my this team that I build with blood and sweat. I wanted team where I have my own players in every single position, worked hard to get money and now I can be in secure position with my 13/13 max stadium and my own players. I have my own financial strategy and I work every single season to gain more funds for my infrastructure.

All I have to say - it all depends on you. Don't hate the game, hate the player. And game been unfair since like season 28. There have been some changes that I don't like, but I am still here because I like this game and I have my own goals.

no Arturs
Confirmé
Enregistré2015-01-06
jp Rusengo
il Numpty >> samedi mai 11 - 10:54, Modifié samedi mai 11 - 11:18

If Vincent/Sjoerd are minded to have a rethink then the Blocking Calculation should be changed to something like 4th root of the age factor - cubed. 

This would have the effect of keepers lasting a little longer than outfield players, but probably peaking somewhere around 33-ish. The keepers would be weaker than at present so the cost of Blocking would need to be reduced to compensate.

Here's the difference for comparison with the current calculation, which uses the 4th root of the age factor.  For convenience I will use the notation of AF^0.25 for the 4th root (current method) and AF^0.75 for the 4th root cubed (proposed).

Age 25 - age factor 93.67%

• AF^0.25 = 98.38% (current)
  • AF^0.75 = 95.21% (proposed)

Age 30 - age factor 82.20%

• AF^0.25 = 95.22% (current)
  • AF^0.75 = 86.33% (proposed)

Age 35 - age factor 61.40%

• AF^0.25 = 88.52% (current)
  • AF^0.75 = 69.36% (proposed)

Age 40 - age factor 40.60%

• AF^0.25 = 79.82% (current)
  • AF^0.75 = 50.86% (proposed)

Age 45 - age factor 19.80%

• AF^0.25 = 66.71% (current)
  • AF^0.75 = 29.68% (proposed)

Age 48 - age factor 10.00%

• AF^0.25 = 56.23% (current)
  • AF^0.75 = 17.78% (proposed)

Other Variations

Other variations would also work. Such as AF^0.60 would give an age modifier of 25.1% at age 48. Compared to AF^0.75 the keepers would last a little longer and peak later.  

il Numpty
Confirmé
Enregistré2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
no Arturs >> samedi mai 11 - 11:36

That depends on them. How and if they are going to improve it nobody knows.

no Arturs
Confirmé
Enregistré2015-01-06
jp Rusengo
no ꧁ঔৣ☬✞ICONic✞☬ঔৣ꧂ >> jeudi mai 16 - 11:30

Please I have a question,

If a team have a total of 21 players in the team and all those players are old at age and all will be retiring soon, will the game allow all the players to go because a team squad won't go below 18 in total number.

????

no ꧁ঔৣ☬✞ICONic✞☬ঔৣ꧂
Confirmé
Enregistré2022-07-22
my MPL Elite Team
ru Ebitimi >> jeudi mai 16 - 16:57

It's highly unlikely that all players in a particular team would retire same day.

ru Ebitimi
Confirmé
Enregistré2018-10-09
bf FC Djibo
no ꧁ঔৣ☬✞ICONic✞☬ঔৣ꧂ >> jeudi mai 16 - 19:43

What I mean is that, for example;

If I have a total squad of 21 and all those squad are about to retire will the game allow them to retire because the team squad is minimum??

no ꧁ঔৣ☬✞ICONic✞☬ঔৣ꧂
Confirmé
Enregistré2022-07-22
my MPL Elite Team
ee onuelver >> vendredi mai 17 - 12:32

I suspect it will not let it happen. You can't sell player from first team if there is too few players and if many players retire from botteam there will be generated new players with low talent. If you pick such team where big refreshment is decided as for botteam it is your own bad choice- you can see team players before picking and see that all are retiring. Not sure but i suspect that it will replace your geronts with new and poor.

ee onuelver
Confirmé
Enregistré2014-09-02
ee Puka City Strikes Back