Forum: Anglais rss-feed

Ceci est le forum de discussion général en anglais. Lorsque vous écrivez sur ce forum, vous devez écrire dans cette langue. Les messages dans d'autres langues peuvent être effacés sans vous en informer. Le forum utilise des sous-sections pour vos messages avec différents sujets et objectifs. Merci de laisser vos messages concernant les problèmes dans la section problèmes et de prendre votre temps pour comprendre oú les autres messages doivent aller.

Anglais >> Discussion générale

#SaveTheGame (433)

ro Raderian >> jeudi décembre 26 - 07:32, Modifié jeudi décembre 26 - 11:08

...and you could not be more wrong!

It's not about the 4 months I've played (or rather, you think I've played) but about the potential 4 years that I would continue to play it. Maybe you are too bored to care but I, as well as the guys who started the thread, we want this game to still be alive in 4 years.

ro Raderian
Confirmé
Enregistré2019-08-30
ro Dragon Riders
be Eckhart >> jeudi décembre 26 - 08:34

Well, it would be nice if Vincent could make a "state of the union" with the new year coming with the plans for the game :)

Its a great game, but i agree with many others here. You feel something is going on, no updates, barely replies, no innovations. Its sad to see because its a unique soccer game.

be Eckhart
Confirmé
Enregistré2016-09-17
in FC Ulhasnagar
nl Losing >> jeudi décembre 26 - 09:25, Modifié jeudi décembre 26 - 12:03

@davo That's a bit disingenuous to say when many people that have the same complaints have been playing for years, to just shoot (one of) the messenger(s) for having a 4 month old account.

I remember when I joined, the regular updates and quick bug fixes were one of the things that made me decide to really try in this game, with the idea that issues will be fixed and maintenance will continue to be done here. I convinced more than 10 people from a dying game to come here and make an account based on that, a few of which became active and got VIP. I wouldn't have done that if I had known that support would basically cease to exist within months after they joined.

I'm now attached to my team and my long-term strategy but if it was like this when I joined, the game would have less active managers. Just to reiterate that developer activity is important. I understand you can't always be extremely active, but even the smaller things aren't being taken care of right now. I can live without major updates to the game (the transfer market is still rebalancing from the previous one anyway) but just maintenance and bugfixes, and following up to check if the bugs are actually fixed, like the 2 CM bug that Vincent said he would fix but didn't work according to the person who reported it, to give a recent example. We don't even know if he's aware that it isn't fixed yet.

nl Losing
Confirmé
Enregistré2017-05-06
eng holt >> jeudi décembre 26 - 10:29, Modifié jeudi décembre 26 - 10:35

@Taavi Again, this issue has been brought up several times before.The last time we heard Vincent's take on this matter was several months ago when he said that he was caught up with some work and could not garuntee any new updates.I feel that since Vincent still earns money from this game via V IP vouchers,it's still his moral obligation to keep the users informed about the various changes from time to time.

This stance of radio silence does not help anyone and just causes more uncertainty and confusion.If he isn't as intrested as he was earlier in running this game, that's fair enough as the regular maintainence and upkeep of this game may be preventing him from moving on to newer avenues but he still needs to fullfil his duties as the owner of this game as to what are his plans for the future.

Personally, I feel that this stigma towards the new users needs to be gotten rid off.Although this may seem to be very unfair to me and the other managers who have been playing this game for several years,the only way this is ever going to take place is if the game is given much more exposure than it receives currently and the perks for newbies are somehow increased without distrupting the balance of the game.

(I currently see no other way out and no other solution that is radical enough to prevent this mass exodus of users.Like just look at the leagues of the countries outside the top 30.They are all but dead.)

eng holt
Novice
Enregistré2013-05-18
hr klokan92 >> samedi décembre 28 - 16:52

The thread is active about week now. Intentional or not, we tried to provoke Vincent to answer - No reaction!

To be clear, we are not the first one who are trying to alert on the problem. People are trying via personal messages, admin forum, here on suggestion forum with no answer. Ignore is what you got in 99% of the case, and if you are lucky you get I don't have time.

That is why we wanted to change approach and suggest something more radical. We are not against talk, we are trying to talk for over a year but to no avail. This thread is not anything radical, it is just chance to see how many there are who think there is problem and that changes are needed. We wanted to hear other suggestions and somehow unite unhappy ones under one roof. And of course, the main point of the topic was to raise awareness that the main developer has lost interest for development of the game.

If we leave things as they are, everything will keep going as it is now... slow decrees of users, no new development, but at some point after critical mass of people stop playing this game, it will began rapid drop and than few hundred people will keep playing game until Vincent shut it down for good. In last two years we lost many dozen of strong famous users and admins with solid teams. We are not getting new users. People are playing this game just out of habit, they invested much and they don't want to stop now... And not many are playing this game because it is brilliant, fast and interesting - which has potential to be.

Without changes, it will end after year or two... Is it that hard, Vincent, to just write a post here and say your opinion on the matter?

hr klokan92
Confirmé
Enregistré2013-02-08
si NK Krško
il Numpty >> samedi décembre 28 - 18:00, Modifié samedi décembre 28 - 18:08

It may be worth comparing notes with their other game, Rocking Rackets. 

RR started in or around 2008 and was their main game before they started RS.   

Regular development continued for a few years and stopped around 2012 which was when RS started. There was no announcement that they had lost interest and although support continued many users gradually drifted away over a period of a few years.  

No announcement. Just nothing.

At it's peak RR had around 13 separate game worlds. Due to the decrease in players they closed half of the game worlds down in 2017 and another one in 2018. Just a very long, slow death.

The last news item post was by "Vinnie" and dated 34 months ago. 

http://rockingrackets.com/index.php?page=news

The user forum has also been closed down, so there's little ability for the users to communicate. 

Maybe RS will go the same way?

il Numpty
Confirmé
Enregistré2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
ee Taavi >> samedi décembre 28 - 18:10

Probably lol

ee Taavi
Administrateur de communauté
Enregistré2014-01-17
ee FC Pusa
eng jimbob >> samedi décembre 28 - 20:31

I remember playing a game called Virtual Manager(VM), it also went through a very similar process to which we are witnessing with Rocking Soccer,

it also had a owner who after a few years, lost interest and was spending less time on VM and more time on his new project.

Eventually he announced he was leaving the game to focus on his new project.... that new project was called Rocking Soccer and the guys name was Vincent.

History has repeated itself, and it will again.

eng jimbob
Confirmé
Enregistré2018-03-06
cn Hohhot FC
il Numpty >> samedi décembre 28 - 21:03

It sounds a bit like being 'in love', lol. One at a time. 

I think I might be worried if I was the girlfriend ... :D

il Numpty
Confirmé
Enregistré2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
lv Ar4ers >> samedi décembre 28 - 22:23

Google shows that virtual manager is still active

lv Ar4ers
Confirmé
Enregistré2014-12-30
lv Rīgas Dinamo
tr Mavi >> dimanche décembre 29 - 01:10

The story about Virtual Manager is not true. Nice fiction though.

tr Mavi
Administrateur
Enregistré2013-02-14
tr Just Looking Around FC
us Kratos >> dimanche décembre 29 - 09:54

So if Vincent isn't interested in improving the site anymore what are the chances he sells it? I have no idea the value of the site or costs associated in running it. But maybe some of the more hardcore and well off users could buy it and do these fixes to the game we've been asking for. I don't have the capital to buy it or the knowhow on doing improvements to it, but I would like to see someone or a group of people who really care about the game to run it. Heck even as part of a advertisement/capital raise they could do a small gofundme to help with improvements and gain interest in from people who may not know about the game.

us Kratos
Confirmé
Enregistré2014-05-22
us FC Wichita
za Kaizer Motaung Jr >> dimanche décembre 29 - 15:59

VM is still alive im I've been playing it

za Kaizer Motaung Jr
Confirmé
Enregistré2016-02-28
cl La Unión
pt Sir Alex >> dimanche décembre 29 - 17:12, Modifié dimanche décembre 29 - 17:14

I think and i hope, the game will not die.

As i said before he needs some regular improves but he is a great game.

Happy new year for everyone.

pt Sir Alex
Confirmé
Enregistré2013-05-04
hr gemini >> dimanche décembre 29 - 21:50

i think it will die but i hope it dosent, we'll see .... 

hr gemini
Confirmé
Enregistré2015-04-05