Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> Real life soccer

The Premier League (146)

wal Hudson >> friday february 24 - 17:55
All PL-related talk goes here.
After all that Claudi Ranieri has done for Leicester City, turning below average players into World Class, Ballon d'Or nominees whilst achieving what the fans couldn't even dream of two seasons ago, to just sack him is painful, disgusting and sad.
wal Hudson
Registered2016-05-08
ro Andrei >> friday february 24 - 18:39, Edited friday february 24 - 18:40
Disturbing decision, to be honest. I mean the man just wins you the title last season and you just kick him out now? I mean he could've relegated and I would've still kept him, if I was in the owner's shoes.

I get it, the team had a bad run and a poor season. But, come on ... you don't just kick him out like this.
ro Andrei
Registered2014-08-30
wal Hudson >> friday february 24 - 19:02
The board's decision to sack him is disheartening, yes, but I understand that they want the best possible outcome for the team come May.
After watching the news, what I cannot now stomach is that the players openly voiced their dissatisfaction with the manager, and wanted him gone? What the duck is that? I mean, the guy just comes in, saves you from relegation, wins the ducking league the next season providing the greatest moments in their lives, gets them into Champions League, turns average players into world class talents getting nominated for Ballon d'or and you stab him in the back like that? That's amazingly disrespectful, gut-wrenching and overall sad. I can't but feel for the bloke now. What a nice guy. You should have seen his face on leaving the building. melted my heart.
For this I hope they get relegated, just to remind the players just who they are and where they came from.
They aren't world class, so they should stop acting like it.
Bollocks!
wal Hudson
Registered2016-05-08
ro Andrei >> friday february 24 - 19:14
The players did what now?

I am just stunned.
ro Andrei
Registered2014-08-30
ca Sadrudin >> tuesday february 28 - 00:58
Leicester just beat Liverpool 3-1! I am disappointed in how many teams have upset Liverpool of late. I am not a loyal fan of any Premier League team, but I am cheering for Liverpool this season because I like their manager, Jurgen Klopp, and their current squad and playing style. They are a fun team to watch!
ca Sadrudin
Registered2016-06-18
wal Hudson >> tuesday february 28 - 16:32
Liverpool and consistency, don't go together.
wal Hudson
Registered2016-05-08
wal Hudson >> saturday april 1 - 17:59
If you asked me who I thought would beat Chelsea AT THE BRIDGE a day ago.... Crystal Palace wouldn't come to mind. Amazing performance from the Eagles, heroic defending. Zaha's neat skills really made the match interesting.
wal Hudson
Registered2016-05-08
ro Andrei >> tuesday april 18 - 13:25
Brighton & Hove Albion, promoted to the top tier of the English pyramid for the first time in 34 years.
ro Andrei
Registered2014-08-30
wal Hudson >> tuesday april 18 - 22:13
They deserve it.
Will be interesting seeing them in the PL next season.
wal Hudson
Registered2016-05-08
ca Sadrudin >> wednesday april 19 - 00:46
It's always interesting to see a somewhat "new" team in the Premier League, instead of the often "yo-yo" teams that keep getting relegated and promoted back to the Premier League.
ca Sadrudin
Registered2016-06-18
ca Sadrudin >> sunday may 14 - 21:11
The relegated teams are official:

- Hull City
- Middlesbrough
- Sunderland
ca Sadrudin
Registered2016-06-18
ca Sadrudin >> sunday may 14 - 21:12
It's also official that Chelsea has won the league with 2 games to spare!
ca Sadrudin
Registered2016-06-18
ro Andrei >> monday may 15 - 03:28, Edited monday may 15 - 03:28
Just as official that Spurs will be finishing 2nd.
ro Andrei
Registered2014-08-30
ca Sadrudin >> friday may 19 - 02:14
I think Spurs must have taken out all of their anger for not winning the title on Leicester City! Final score: Leicester City 1 - 6 Tottenham Hotspur. Harry Kane scored a hatrick + 1 goal! 4 goals!
ca Sadrudin
Registered2016-06-18