Championnat de Angleterre saison 58

Forum: Forum du championnat rss-feed

Discutez de votre championnat, qui sont les favoris pour remporter le championnat cette saison ? Qui sera promu/relégué, comment se passe votre parcours en coupe ?

Retourner au sommaire du forum

Season 78 (72)

fo BakerMan >> samedi mars 2 - 21:54

At this rate I will start thinking I am back in the title race!

fo BakerMan
Confirmé
Enregistré2013-04-05
eng Jaypridee Town
eng Lee >> jeudi mars 7 - 22:47

2 games to go, and unless something untoward happens, I think it's safe to say Seaburn will win both - Scammonden though have a much tougher test against Cardiff, and then finish with a visit to the cauldron that is Castle View stadium to face the mighty Pixels (not for the faint-hearted).

Can the Scammonden players handle the pressure and take the title?

eng Lee
Confirmé
Enregistré2014-10-14
eng Canvey Pixels
eng Stephen >> jeudi mars 7 - 23:22

My prediction is Seaburn will finish with 100 points but come in second to Scammonden on 101. This will be the second time in recent seasons a ton for the Beach has meant we have still come up short.

Still, as I sit here in my Cardiff City replica kit (with the Pixels one neatly pressed and waiting on a hanger in case we need that), there is but the faint hope that there'll be one last twist in the race. If not, we'll clutch the Youth Cup in one hand and the Big Boy Cup in the other and howl at the moon until the next season rolls round.

eng Stephen
Administrateur principal
Enregistré2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
eng Monk >> vendredi mars 8 - 06:57, Modifié vendredi mars 8 - 06:58

An early rise, a gentle morning walk along the breezy shores of the Scammonden reservoir; to those not in the know it would seem like the Monks are just taking their normal exercise, but if you look closely there's a tension there, a sense that today is the day. Expectation is in the air, mixed with a sense of fear that this could go horribly, horribly wrong. 

Cardiff have a strong, dangerous side and have sold out their 50,000 seat allocation. All 312 Scammonden residents will be in attendance, including elderly Mrs Higgins who has checked herself out of hospital early after her triple heart bypass operation. She wouldn't miss this match for the world. The other 149,688 tickets have gone to incomers: Haligonians, Huddersfordians, Chinese tourists and a few nutters from Golcar. The atmosphere promises to be electric. The Abbot has had his top statistician Tony Meanworth working on our chances. Much depends on how Cardiff approach the game, but our chances of a win appear to be at least 68.3% he informs us. Low enough to add to the tension.......

eng Monk
Confirmé
Enregistré2013-09-01
eng Scammonden Daoists
il Numpty >> vendredi mars 8 - 10:06

The Cardiff match is likely going to be the key result. Can Monk keep up the habit and slay the dragon?

My guess is that this could be a high scoring game. Without the benefit of the match analysis I'm predicting 3-2 in favour of the Monks, +/-1 goal either way. 

il Numpty
Confirmé
Enregistré2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
il Numpty >> vendredi mars 8 - 10:38, Modifié vendredi mars 8 - 14:53

Well, well, my ticket was worth every penny. So after a very nervous last 5 minutes it ended 3-2. Lucky guess.

Despite it being a great match the highlight of my day was my visit to the Monk's brewery. Still there ...

Unfortunately there's an old fella sat in the corner doing a passable impression of a werewolf. Should I call for the doctor?

il Numpty
Confirmé
Enregistré2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
eng Monk >> vendredi mars 8 - 17:33

Mystic Numpty!

One down, one to go,
 Another town and one more show...

The Monks are celebrating tonight with a meal of jellied eels to ready themselves for the trip to Canvey. 

don't worry about him in the corner Numpty. That's Brother Baskerville. Don't bother him after his third pint, he can get a little snappy, but after four pints in he's like a puppy dog. Enjoy your evening, the Abbot says that the drinks are on the house. Beware the Monks' Revenge though, having a regular pint of that can become a habit. 

eng Monk
Confirmé
Enregistré2013-09-01
eng Scammonden Daoists
il Numpty >> vendredi mars 8 - 19:37

Noted. Brother Baskerville will not be hounded. If he gets any worse I'll leave Brothers Holmes and Watson to deal with him. 

il Numpty
Confirmé
Enregistré2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
eng Stephen >> samedi mars 9 - 20:31

Congrats Monk! Well played and well deserved.

eng Stephen
Administrateur principal
Enregistré2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
eng Lee >> samedi mars 9 - 20:53

Well, it was close and interesting at 1:2 but Scammonden blew the Pixels away in the end - obviously the chance to win the title was more motivating than anything my boys could play for.

Congratulations Monk!

eng Lee
Confirmé
Enregistré2014-10-14
eng Canvey Pixels
eng Dragontao >> dimanche mars 10 - 02:19

Congratulations Monk. Any team finishing above Seaburn are deserved winners. Especially when they finish undefeated with 100 points.

eng Dragontao
Confirmé
Enregistré2013-09-07
eng Colchester City #2
eng Monk >> dimanche mars 10 - 08:19

Thanks guys. I really appreciate that.

And so it came to pass that the Monks finally lifted the title that had eluded them for so long. But does Nostradamos' 282nd prediction not say:

"When 7 meets 8 so will the black dragon from the east rise in the West of the county of God". Maybe it was simply meant to be.

The table might not lie, but it certainly does tell a few fibs. I'm still struggling to work out how Seaburn can go undefeated domestically, beating me twice and still not win the double. That's maths for you. It means so much more to win having Stephen there as a benchmark, as well as BakerMan and Alex. Long may it continue. 

Yes, the Canvey match saw much emotion shed, grown men crying, etc but the most touching moment was seeing elderly fan Mrs Higgins staggering onto the pitch to embrace captain Shaun Ennix. "We did it little Shaun, we finally did it!" Even the Abbot was seen to wipe a tear from his eyes. "About bloody time" he was heard to comment. Now the preparations for next season begin...

eng Monk
Confirmé
Enregistré2013-09-01
eng Scammonden Daoists
il Numpty >> dimanche mars 10 - 08:49

A very big congrats from me too. Well done.

Regarding the maths, the winning points total is a direct result of getting 3 points for a win. If we were using the original system of 2 points for a win then the positions would have been reversed and Seaburn would have finished one point ahead.

il Numpty
Confirmé
Enregistré2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
fr Blackwhite >> dimanche mars 10 - 10:55

Congratulations to Monk and his club Scammonden Daoists for this first championship title: The first title is an immense joy

Congratulations also to Stephen and his club Seaburn Beach for the Cup success

fr Blackwhite
Administrateur de communauté
Enregistré2015-09-30
fr Les Licornes Blanches
eng Stephen >> dimanche mars 10 - 13:00

3 points for a win. Bloody Jimmy Hill, even causing discontent in Sunderland from beyond the grave.

eng Stephen
Administrateur principal
Enregistré2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach