Anglia bajnoksága 58. évad

Fórum: Bajnoki fórum rss-feed

Beszélgetés a bajnokságról. Kik a bajnokesélyesek, ki esik ki/jut fel? A kupa történései.

Vissza a Fórum tartalomjegyzékéhez

Season 69 (36)

fo BakerMan >> kedd november 8 - 11:41

Half way stage and the top of the table is looking familiar...

Seaburn ahead - not so far as to be comfortable, but far enough for the rest of us to write off a challenge again this season

fo BakerMan
Felhasználó
Regisztrált2013-04-05
eng Jaypridee Town
fo BakerMan >> csütörtök november 10 - 14:18

Just won my first major trophy - I am now the proud holder of the South Sudanese Cup! The question now is, will I ever match that triumph with poor old Jaypridee Town? They've been trying for so long and got so close, but still only a couple of Youth Cups to show for over 50 seasons...

fo BakerMan
Felhasználó
Regisztrált2013-04-05
eng Jaypridee Town
eng Monk >> szombat november 12 - 08:12

At Scammonden we are going to become the first team to stay up but scoring less goals than we get points. It's a massive task, made all the more difficult by the purchase of a half decent midfielder who appears to have the novel idea that passing the ball in front of a player is better than passing behind them. It could have been worse, as I nearly signed a REALLY good midfielder, only he had another bid on him, so I  had to log in a minute before the deadline. Then Smudge my cat came to see what was going on. A ten second head rub wouldn't harm, I  thought, but that turns to a chin stroke and then a nose lick (for mental imagery purposes that's him kicking my nose,not me licking his) and before you know it a minute and two seconds have passed and the player is gone forever. Anyway, all's well that ends well and we should be ok to stay up we think. Good luck in the rest of the season!

eng Monk
Felhasználó
Regisztrált2013-09-01
eng Scammonden Daoists
ca Alex Seymour >> hétfő november 14 - 21:51

That's why I ban my cats from the office during a transfer window.

ca Alex Seymour
Felhasználó
Regisztrált2013-12-02
ca Hamilton FC
eng Monk >> kedd november 15 - 12:00

Back to back wins for Athletic.

Two goals yesterday and another 3 today means 15 points and 13 goals. Looking good to stay up on this form.

eng Monk
Felhasználó
Regisztrált2013-09-01
eng Scammonden Daoists
il Numpty >> szerda november 16 - 15:17

Another long term manager bites the dust. Fired for inactivity. 

https://rockingsoccer.com/en/soccer/info/manager-95890

The unfortunately named manager 'bolex' has been playing in England with Worcester City for nearly 6 years. Largely unknown as he's been a yo-yo club between levels 2 and 3. He had recently finished building stadium 11 and had fairly strong finances. 

All his efforts have now got wasted. Pity. 

il Numpty
Felhasználó
Regisztrált2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
eng Monk >> csütörtök november 17 - 16:18

I'm actually a Worcester City fan, having come from the city and was gutted when he got the name before me. I don't fancy yet another name change though.

eng Monk
Felhasználó
Regisztrált2013-09-01
eng Scammonden Daoists
il Numpty >> hétfő november 21 - 10:06, Szerkesztve hétfő november 21 - 10:11

I'm not sure that I've ever been to Worcester despite having passed it many times on the motorway. What is it famous for, Worcester sauce?

il Numpty
Felhasználó
Regisztrált2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
eng Dragontao >> hétfő november 21 - 12:26

I'd never been there before a few months back. Was there to see friends playing a gig at a bar called Drummonds. Didn't see a lot of the place though. 

eng Dragontao
Felhasználó
Regisztrált2013-09-07
eng Colchester City #2
il Numpty >> hétfő november 21 - 18:57, Szerkesztve hétfő november 21 - 19:12

That was must have been a good bar then!

This all reminds me about an incident whilst driving south on the M5 near Worcester a few years ago. 

It was late in the evening and dark and I become aware of what appeared to be an aeroplane coming past me in the sky, travelling more or less in the same direction and obviously going a lot faster than my vehicle.  It was visible for a few minutes and it was clearly on fire and losing altitude and seemed to me at the time that it was most likely going to crash somewhere ahead of me fairly soon. 

It disappeared over the horizon and as I carried on I was scanning the fields to the side of the road looking for signs of a major incident - but I saw no signs of it or any fireball. Not a great surprise as I couldn't be sure where it would come down. I was really bothered by it so over the next few days I checked various media sources looking for reports of the incident to see what had happened.  Nothing. Absolutely nothing. I was so confused!

Eventually - after a few weeks - I figured out that what I'd actually seen was a meteor burning up in the atmosphere. And I confirmed this via a website where meteor sitings get reported. I had indeed seen a fireball travelling down the M5, but it was a lot higher and going a lot faster than I had thought at the time. I believe that it travelled the length of the UK, across parts of Europe and finally crashed into the ocean somewhere. 

My error was mostly one of perspective. I saw something in the sky that was on fire and the mind assumes the most likely explanation is some kind of aircraft. The size of the fireball together with the speed and direction matched that of a low-flying aircraft, and since it was dark - and I was driving so mostly using my peripheral vision - there were no other reference points in the sky to gve me a sense of scale.  My mind was convinced it was an aircraft.

il Numpty
Felhasználó
Regisztrált2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
eng Dragontao >> hétfő november 21 - 23:33

The bar was okay. Didn't see much of Worcester.

eng Dragontao
Felhasználó
Regisztrált2013-09-07
eng Colchester City #2
eng Monk >> kedd november 22 - 07:04

Worcester is probably most famous for its beautiful cathedral (I used to be a tour guide there one summer), Worcestershire Sauce (which was made in Bromsgrove rather than Worcester itself), the hiding place of Charles I before he was captured and executed (hence it being known as the faithful city, as it was the last county to sign away the king's rights to the throne), the birth place of Edward Elgar the famous classical music composer, who now has his own statue, the Royal Grammar School (the sixth oldest school in the world) and Worcester City FC, the perenially underachieving football team, who once knocked mighty Liverpool out off the FA Cup in the late 1950s, shortly before one Bill Shankley took over. 

In the book Engel's England, Engel described Worcester as having two notable features. Firstly in regards to the changes the council had made to the city centre architecture, "What on earth did you think you were doing?" and secondly he described it as the most boozy place he had ever visited, not once having gone to bed sober in all his visits there. I reckon he was spot on with both observations. 

And there, my friends, you have Worcester in a nutshell, although there was also Chicken George, but we'd have to sit down and have beer to cover him.

eng Monk
Felhasználó
Regisztrált2013-09-01
eng Scammonden Daoists
eng Stephen >> szerda november 23 - 21:12

Thanks for the Worcestershire source material, Monk.

A 2-3 win for the Beach today over the second place team. That should seal the title for the Sandmen. Absolutely raging about doubling the conceded goals total for the season to 4 though. The team will be running up and down the beach whether it be low or high tide tomorrow to learn the error of their ways.

eng Stephen
Fő admin
Regisztrált2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
fr Blackwhite >> csütörtök november 24 - 08:28, Szerkesztve csütörtök november 24 - 08:28

Congratulations Stephen for the English Cup victory.

I failed to beat you in our league game but finally managed to score goals against your huge goalkeeper.

Well done for this new title and good luck in the European Cup

fr Blackwhite
Közösségi Admin
Regisztrált2015-09-30
fr Les Licornes Blanches
fo BakerMan >> csütörtök november 24 - 10:03

Think we will all be facing the problem of Seaburn's unbeatable goalkeeper for many seasons to come!

fo BakerMan
Felhasználó
Regisztrált2013-04-05
eng Jaypridee Town