Anglia bajnoksága 69. évad

Fórum: Bajnoki fórum rss-feed

Beszélgetés a bajnokságról. Kik a bajnokesélyesek, ki esik ki/jut fel? A kupa történései.

Vissza a Fórum tartalomjegyzékéhez

Who is your favourite? (13)

fo BakerMan >> péntek szeptember 17 - 15:57, Szerkesztve péntek szeptember 17 - 22:56

You thought this might be an interesting thread - who is your favourite RS manager, who would be your favourite player to break Addo's legs or who would be the most likely to eat an entire wheel of stilton cheese?

But no - I've been asking my YA to produce me an epoch defining midfielder and it's come up with these three. I'm not deeply inspired by any of them, but who do you prefer, probably as a left sided attacking midfielder, and why? All ages at graduation were within 5 weeks of each other, so no splitting them there:

https://rockingsoccer.com/en/soccer/info/player-2387155

https://rockingsoccer.com/en/soccer/info/player-2398490

https://rockingsoccer.com/en/soccer/info/player-2407412

Only one will make the grade, the other will get sold at some point - probably when I realise there's no way I can pay all the wages of a YA5 team.

If you do want to post your answers to the first three questions instead/as well, go ahead.

fo BakerMan
Felhasználó
Regisztrált2013-04-05
eng Jaypridee Town
eng Stephen >> péntek szeptember 17 - 17:38

I would bin off Lucas Boon probably and choose between the other two. The non-English one might make the NT at an early date giving him a slight advantage there? Also, two specials for him, I think? That again would be a tick in his box.

In answer to the other questions:

1. Koen - he was both interesting and helpful and also doesn't play anymore so I don't have to offend anyone still playing. I had a lot of time for Kezza too, as well as a number of still playing managers.

2. This is a very offensive question, given Addo is currently injured and I am too tight to pay for his to be healed. Some clown also crippled Tabuyo who is even more expensive to heal.

3. Blue or white?

eng Stephen
Fő admin
Regisztrált2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
ca Alex Seymour >> péntek szeptember 17 - 20:04

I'd keep Dougie Houseworth as I like those two specials on a midfielder. Plus he has a cool name.

Other answers are:

1. Awful is my favourite manager. Way more talented than anybody else on here by a long way.

2. Anyplayer. I've bribed so many I've lost count.

3. No idea.

ca Alex Seymour
Felhasználó
Regisztrált2013-12-02
ca Hamilton FC
fo BakerMan >> péntek szeptember 17 - 22:54, Szerkesztve péntek szeptember 17 - 22:57

I'm sure we'd all club together to send Addo and Tabuyo get well slowly cards

Is that an emoji? Is it the right one. My kids constantly tell me off for sending incorrect emojis. It makes me feel old. I've realised I've been playing this game for 8 1/2 years and its still not the online game I've played for the longest time. I probably need to have a nap now.

Edit - it was, but I can't see it - does it disappear on everyone's posts? This is probably starting to sound like insane ramblings. Maybe a long nap.

Blue, because white stilton is the product of a diseased mind and smurfs are blue.

fo BakerMan
Felhasználó
Regisztrált2013-04-05
eng Jaypridee Town
il Numpty >> szombat szeptember 18 - 10:40, Szerkesztve szombat szeptember 18 - 10:42

The emojis problem is one of the long standing bugs, they just haven't worked properly for at least a couple of years. 

I pretty much agree with the earlier comments. I'd keep Houseworth and Alder because of the specials and see how they both develop. Houseworth would be my preference at this point because both specials are good for mids, but he has slightly lower talent and poor training morale. 

il Numpty
Felhasználó
Regisztrált2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
fo BakerMan >> szombat szeptember 18 - 10:52

Firstly I'd like to make it clear i wasn't implying smurfs are an ingredient in Stilton. 

Secondly my inclination is to go with Houseworth because of the name and specials.

Thirdly - I've always been too lazy to find out how much difference training morale makes. How significant is it? 

fo BakerMan
Felhasználó
Regisztrált2013-04-05
eng Jaypridee Town
fo BakerMan >> szombat szeptember 18 - 10:56

Also - how do people feel about Agile midfielders? Agile better for attackers? Personally I'm undecided. 

fo BakerMan
Felhasználó
Regisztrált2013-04-05
eng Jaypridee Town
eng Stephen >> szombat szeptember 18 - 13:17

Training morale would have to be tracked over several seasons for it to make sense. What I've seen (and I can't be bothered to make notes for a game like this, so it relies on my memory) is it tends to even out. There are odd exceptions either way, but I've never binned anyone off for consistently low training morale.

Agile - I think this would be better on a midfielder than a forward. My thinking is that your midfielders are more likely to be in a situation where they are tackled. A forward tends to receive the ball and shoot. If a forward dribbled and was in a position to be tackled before the shot attempt, then it might be useful. I've never tried it out, so this is just my opinion based on what I see happening in the way matches tend to play out.

eng Stephen
Fő admin
Regisztrált2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
il Numpty >> szombat szeptember 18 - 15:32, Szerkesztve szombat szeptember 18 - 15:48

I've never tracked training morale either and on the whole I ignore it. Especially with trained players. But it can be relevant when deciding between two similar youngsters for the following reason.  

According to the help it does not in fact 'even out'. 

• Both the talent and the match experience part are composed of two parts. One part is fixed for the player and the other part is randomly decided each season. This means that the training morale can be different each season, but some players will have on average better morale than others. 

My emphasis in bold.

So for each player it varies every season, but either side of a fixed hidden value. 

If the fixed part is low then on average the player will have poor player morale. Permanently.

With the player in question (Houseworth) he's starting on -3, so there's a good chance that his fixed part is low and player morale will remain low in subsequent seasons. At  best it might be average. Despite his talent being 6.35 he might only train like a 6.00 or worse.

This is one reason why I said wait and see how they develop.

And just to add that the other player, Alder, has just been promoted, so we have no indication what his training morale is going to be like. [Newly promoted players all start on Average (0) until it gets set at the start of the next season.]  

il Numpty
Felhasználó
Regisztrált2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
fo BakerMan >> vasárnap szeptember 19 - 12:24

Ah OK - so something like one may have a range between 0 and -4, but another may have a range between 0 and +4. They could both have 0, but on average, one will show much better training performance than the other.

Thanks Numpty - I'll now pay a bit more attention to that now.

You have become my answer to question 1 and maybe question 3 as well.

fo BakerMan
Felhasználó
Regisztrált2013-04-05
eng Jaypridee Town
il Numpty >> vasárnap szeptember 19 - 16:36

Yes exactly, maybe if we put some numbers to it I can confuse things even more ... 

Player morale gives a maximum bonus or penalty of +-0.5 balls talent and +-10% match experience. [You can figure out the exact percentage of match experience from the reports you get for international matches.]

We don't know this for sure, but let's assume the fixed and random parts contribute 50% each. So the fixed part would be +-0.25 balls and the random part +-0.25 balls. 

With -3 your player could either have a large fixed penalty with a small random penalty or vice versa or a bit of both. 

In the event he had a large fixed penalty of -0.25 balls then with the addition of the random part the penalty would vary between -0.50 and zero, but on average he would have a penalty of -0.25. And the same with the match experience.

We also don't know that the fixed/random split is 50/50 so it could be different, but that's the easiest way to look at it. 

il Numpty
Felhasználó
Regisztrált2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
il Numpty >> csütörtök október 21 - 13:19, Szerkesztve csütörtök október 21 - 13:21

Just thought I would update this with their new morale now we are into Season 62. 

Houseworth's morale has improved from Uninspired (-3) to Below average (-1), and Alder starts for the first time with Good (+2).

So although that's an improvement for Houseworth it still suggests he's unlikely to ever get above Average (0). Alder on the other hand has made a good start and most likely will not go below Average (0).

So the early indications are that Alder will turn out to be a better trainer and therefore become a slightly better player in the long term.

il Numpty
Felhasználó
Regisztrált2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
eng Monk >> péntek október 22 - 04:44

Ok

You are all my joint favourite managers. Without you all the game would be dull in comparison. 

I don't want Addo's legs broken. I just want him to be highly susceptible to covid, so that he keeps catching it and had to continuously isolate.

I'm partial to stilton so that would probably be me.

I like agile midfielders, so Boom for me. I much prefer it to team player which I rarely find makes much difference. Agile I find does. I use agile on midfielders and versatile full backs and keepers.

Finally, I am sad enough to record training morale. It can make a significant difference in training xp. When considering a signing with uninspired training morale, I reduce his talent by 0.5 in my calculations and opposite-wise for superb training morale. It can make a big difference over time and for me is worth a column in my spreadsheet.

Finally,given my current league position I'd take all of the above with a pinch of salt!

eng Monk
Felhasználó
Regisztrált2013-09-01
eng Scammonden Daoists