Forum: Engelsk rss-feed

Dette er forum for generell diskusjon på Engelsk. Når du poster i dette forumet så må du bruke det språket. Poster i andre språk vil bli slettet uten forvarsel. Dette forumet bruker underforumer for poster med andre emner eller formål. Vennligst post bugs i underforumet "Bugs" og ta deg litt tid til å bli kjent med hvor de andre postene skal være.

Engelsk >> Generell diskusjon

Retirement of older players (374)

it ✨⚡✨⚡ >> torsdag mars 14 - 11:33
  suddenly everyone is selling their goalkeepers, panic broke out :):)
it ✨⚡✨⚡
Bruker
Registrert2023-03-14
it US Avellino
nl Abe Bodaan >> torsdag mars 14 - 11:47

Retirement homes for goalkeepers will be a promosing business for the coming seasons.

nl Abe Bodaan
Bruker
Registrert2013-05-27
cw Meteora
us Mike >> torsdag mars 14 - 12:05

As just about everyone said, this is a welcome change.  How (if at all) will this impact the National Team algorithm for player selection?

us Mike
Bruker
Registrert2015-05-29
us Colonials FC
lv Gipsons >> torsdag mars 14 - 12:23

Big W

lv Gipsons
Bruker
Registrert2015-01-19
lv FC Jaunmārupes Lauvas
il Numpty >> torsdag mars 14 - 13:02, Redigert torsdag mars 14 - 13:04

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Noooooo no no no!

For me personally this is absolutely the worst possible news.

This proposed change demolishes my whole game plan. I have spent years of effort, blood sweat and tears - and loads of money developing a group of keepers for future use. I doubt if I'm the only one who will be massively disadvantaged by this proposed change. 

Will all my years of effort now be entirely wasted? 

I have made those plans directly as a result of how the game works. I obviously understand the reasons, but it seems entirely unreasonable to change the rules in the middle of the game, especially if it seriously disadvantages one or more of the managers.  

Surely any proposed change must take everyone into account so that it's reasonably fair to all interested parties. This definitely isn't. 

Other changes to players in the past were brought in gradually with a new version of players and the existing ones left alone to die off. This is what we should do now.

I propose that a new version of players is brought in that do eventually retire. But all the existing players should be left to retire naturally, eventually they will all be gone, either because they are no longer good enough or because they become too expensive.  This is the only fair way to do it. No one loses out and it should keep everyone fairly happy. 

Please consider this as the most reasonable way forward. Thanks. 

il Numpty
Bruker
Registrert2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
us Peter >> torsdag mars 14 - 13:08

LMAO.

THANK YOU MR HEMMINGA!!!

us Peter
Bruker
Registrert2015-03-15
us Detroit Blazers
hr Kupus >> torsdag mars 14 - 13:51

You exploited something you knew was not correct and not a design by purpose but by a flaw. Doing that you always risk being in the situation your are right now. 

There are many, many managers in this game that never wanted to use that exploit simply because it was wrong.

I say, the solution is absolutely perfect and just.

hr Kupus
Samfunnsadministrator
Registrert2015-10-14
de Regnum Croatorum
eng Stephen >> torsdag mars 14 - 14:00

I think that's a little harsh @Kupus. What people were doing was completely within the rules and scope of the game.

But yes, I do agree that going for that strategy is risky in case things are changed down the line as they have been here.

eng Stephen
Hovedadministrator
Registrert2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
vn Utaha >> torsdag mars 14 - 14:07, Redigert torsdag mars 14 - 14:07

@可爱小弱鸡 I also agree with this point of view. In addition, I also want to talk a little more about substitutions. Wouldn't it be great if you could change personnel directly during the match?

vn Utaha
Bruker
Registrert2020-04-09
vn Tokyo Manji de l'Univers
eng Dragontao >> torsdag mars 14 - 14:09

This is just complete b***ocks to introduce it in this way. Those who have only recently purchased decent goalkeepers are right royally f**ked by this. Won't even be able to sell them and face the prospect of having no keepers in a few months and having to find money from somewhere to buy one in what will be an inflated market.

Of all the things that needed fixing, this is what they focus on.

F**king joke.

eng Dragontao
Bruker
Registrert2013-09-07
eng Colchester City #2
eng Stephen >> torsdag mars 14 - 14:09

Let's stay on topic please. If you have suggestions to make there's a whole sub-forum for that

eng Stephen
Hovedadministrator
Registrert2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
eng Dragontao >> torsdag mars 14 - 14:13

I have a suggestion, how about they compensate us with the money back we paid for these keepers or their transfer value.

If not, might as well sell them to the bank and at least get something.

It's going to completely mess with NT sides as well.

This really could be the end of me in this game this time.

eng Dragontao
Bruker
Registrert2013-09-07
eng Colchester City #2
ua Garfman >> torsdag mars 14 - 14:17

Whilst Kupus worded it a bit harshly, I do agree with the sentiment. We all basically knew that this was a game mechanic that wasn't as it should be, but it was accepted as being that way, because we didn't expect it to be fixed, and therefore it didn't make sense to do anything about it. 

I've personally never wanted to use the exploit, as Kupus said, so I've accepted the negative effect that had on my team, as it was basically a shortcut. Now that shortcut will disappear, and players will have to adjust, but I think it will be for the better in the long run, as it should make goalkeepers less powerful and require players to adjust (either take the hit of a keeper that could retire at any point after 38 or strengthen your defense, for example).

ua Garfman
Hovedsamfunnsadministrator
Registrert2013-02-08
ph Garfman FC