Forum: Engelsk rss-feed

Dette er forum for generell diskusjon på Engelsk. Når du poster i dette forumet så må du bruke det språket. Poster i andre språk vil bli slettet uten forvarsel. Dette forumet bruker underforumer for poster med andre emner eller formål. Vennligst post bugs i underforumet "Bugs" og ta deg litt tid til å bli kjent med hvor de andre postene skal være.

Engelsk >> Generell diskusjon

Retirement of older players (426)

lv Tamaz >> fredag mars 15 - 13:04

The first NEWS is last 8 years!!!! Amazing!!!!

lv Tamaz
Bruker
Registrert2013-07-20
lv Football Club Skonto
il Numpty >> fredag mars 15 - 15:25, Redigert fredag mars 15 - 16:50

I've been down a very big rabbit hole today.

I was going to try and come up with a suggested method for a new Blocking formula where keepers peak, say, in their early 30s. 

But first I needed a general method for calculating peak age for a keeper... that was my big mistake. I'll start with the current method of using the 4th root of the age factor, which should give me an answer around age 40. 

Lots of complicated algebra, calculus, the chain rule, powers and roots and I got an answer of around 44 and a half. Damn, where did I go wrong? I think I need help ... can someone check my work?  

I think I need a simpler method. Maybe iteration would be easier. That's the mathematical term for trial and error!  

Edit

Well I've double checked all my working out and I still get the same answer. If you start with a 14 year old, then the rate of losing Blocking xp as a result of age, balances the amount of xp being earned at around the age of 44 and a half.

This has a few caveats. There may be an error that I haven't yet spotted. I've ignored the small amounts of xp spent on other attrbuites. I've assumed that the player earns xp at a constant rate throughout their career.  Those who have played a lot of continental and internationals will have more to lose if they're no longer playing them when over 40. Same comments regarding the club training facility. They will also be losing fixed attributes, which may explain why their actual peak is a little earlier than my calculation.  

il Numpty
Bruker
Registrert2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
eng Stephen >> fredag mars 15 - 16:41

@numpty: I don't want to dampen your enthusiasm but I don't think a whole scale change to formulae is going to happen unless the game returns to full development. This change was, as I understand it (and I don't claim to be an expert) a straightforward one.

The other recent development has been mainly focused on fixing some bugs.

I'm not ruling out other development in the future because I can't predict the future. But, for now, this is the solution that's been put in place. I recognise this has a negative impact on some users, including you.

eng Stephen
Hovedadministrator
Registrert2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
il Numpty >> fredag mars 15 - 16:48

Well I would assume the Age Factor/Blocking formula would be fairly easy to change in one line of code. 

Obviously creating a new version of players would be a different ball game. 

il Numpty
Bruker
Registrert2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
eng Stephen >> fredag mars 15 - 18:11

I get that not everyone speaks English as their native tongue so I try and cut people some slack. But I can't see how calling users 'deluded' or whatever helps the discussion or creates any sense of community.

Think before you post please

eng Stephen
Hovedadministrator
Registrert2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
it ENZO >> fredag mars 15 - 18:20
It wasn't my intention to offend.
it ENZO
Bruker
Registrert2023-03-14
tt FC San Fernando 1962
ru Ebitimi >> lørdag mars 16 - 10:55

We are all just hypocrites. Just the way bots can bid above max value for some unwanted player, no one would complain if they gain from the system but when they don't gain from it they cry to the high heavens like Bob Marley wailing wailers.

Hypocrites. I don't have a very old keeper  but this changing of the rules is entirely baseless. How about to checkmate the prices bots pay? And a host of all other stuffs.

ru Ebitimi
Bruker
Registrert2018-10-09
bf FC Djibo
lv Tamaz >> lørdag mars 16 - 12:57

Why you have Russian flag? 

lv Tamaz
Bruker
Registrert2013-07-20
lv Football Club Skonto
cn 巴乔 >> lørdag mars 16 - 13:26

very good

cn 巴乔
Bruker
Registrert2022-12-27
cn FC Zibo #6
eng Wolf >> lørdag mars 16 - 14:41

There should have been a longer transition for this change to happen. Most are supportive of change but I feel many managers with older squad players will leave the game.

eng Wolf
Bruker
Registrert2019-11-02
es Wolf Town
tc ... >> lørdag mars 16 - 16:35

wow!!! news!!!

tc ...
Bruker
Registrert2014-04-05
kn Phoenix T&C
ru Ebitimi >> lørdag mars 16 - 17:33

@Tamaz, same reason you have the Latvia flag I suppose.

ru Ebitimi
Bruker
Registrert2018-10-09
bf FC Djibo