Форум: Английский rss-feed

Язык для обсуждений на этом форуме: Английский. Когда вы пишете на этом форуме, вы должны использовать данный язык. Сообщения на других языках могут быть удалены без предупреждения. Форум содержит подфорумы с разными темами или предложениями. Убедительная просьба оставлять сообщения именно в том разделе, который соответствует тематике Вашего сообщения. Если вы нашли ошибку напишите о ней в разделе "Сообщить об ошибке" Спасибо за понимание.

Английский >> Предложения

ME odd acting (6)

se Lunkan >> Вторник Январь 2 - 09:52

Arent such suggested?  I didnt find in the overview and I didnt have strength to read through all pages with suggestions.

I have worked with software development, so I know my suggestions can improve the game much for rather litle work.  (Making the AI boots good, would be very hard much work, but I DONT suggest that. Thats not needed because we want human managers to beat the boot teams :)

Odd actions:

1. Seldom scoring from short distance, but score often from 45meters! 

I suppouse its just some setting inside the code which is wrong.

2. Even when being free with goalkeeper/inside penalty area, instead of shooting the player often pass BACK 50-80 meters!

I suppouse its just wrong settings inside the code too.

1+2. OR BETTER -  is 1 and 2 MENT to be crazy so human managers can easy beat boot teams by change settings? 

If so, possibility to do such setting changes need to be added  :)  Or is there and I am blind?  

3. Players move crazy. 

I noticed there are squares at the field during the matches. I guess there are there to tell players where to run depending of who has the ball and where the ball is? 

Similar as with 1+2, the game need possibility for human managers to change that. (And have the excisting in start, so its a big benifit for human managers to do that change work.)  As e g sokker.org has done. (I play that ALSO. I am in top league, but in bottom of it :)  

se Lunkan
Продвинутый
Зарегистрировано2023-04-24
se Almunge
il Numpty >> Вторник Январь 2 - 10:24, Отредактирован Вторник Январь 2 - 10:41

You're absolutely right, the match engine does some very strange things. 

But this is very unlikely to change. The developer is no longer here and these are long-standing issues that he wouldn't change even if he was around. 

So the best approach as a new manager is see what you can learn from these seemingly strange events.  Understanding why these happen will make you a better manager. 

I'll get you started. 

1. Every defender in the same region as the shooter reduces the chance of scoring. Players near the goal are usually surrounded by defenders and shots from further out have a better chance when there are fewer defenders in the same area. [This is unlikely to be simply one parameter setting and any change here would probably impact other aspects and have to be carefully tested.]   

2. This usually happens when you have a weak striker - or one with a scoring penalty - up against a much stronger keeper.  If they think they have little chance of scoring then they don't make any attempt and choose another option, either a pass or try and keep possession themselves. 

3. The most crazy moves are usually done by players with very low tactics. The basics can be found here:

https://rockingsoccer.com/en/soccer/help/home/category-1/article-1 

Yes, these things can be improved.

But with any game you either try and change how it works or see every strange event as a learning opportunity and improve your own gameplay instead.

il Numpty
Продвинутый
Зарегистрировано2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
eng ipfreely >> Вторник Январь 2 - 18:54

One of the difficulties with the game is it compresses 90 minutes into 10 minutes of action, without speeding up gameplay. Making long-range shots more likely to happen - and go in - is a way for more chances, and goals, to happen. The Long Shots attribute helps.

eng ipfreely
Продвинутый
Зарегистрировано2013-12-08
vi Lollapa Losers
se Lunkan >> Среда Январь 3 - 13:37

"But with any game you either try and change how it works or see every strange event as a learning opportunity and improve your own gameplay instead."

Or quit playing :)    Left to see how long time I will find this interesting enough. (I have had to quit REAL LIFE playing/coaching because of serious injury, so I have to play computer games instead, so I am for REALITY. No one IRL scores from 50 meters when the goalkeeper arent to far out...) Other games with better ME I have played several years.)

"Making long-range shots more likely to happen - and go in - is a way for more chances, and goals, to happen."

I disagree by they DONT shoot from inside penalty area, instead pass back 30-80 meters, so that take LONGER time than shooting themselves.

se Lunkan
Продвинутый
Зарегистрировано2023-04-24
se Almunge
il Numpty >> Среда Январь 3 - 17:34, Отредактирован Среда Январь 3 - 17:42

If you want reality you're playing the wrong game. Like all computer-based games it's a simulation.

They aren't real players, they only exist as data on someone's hard drive. 

It puzzles me that most people who complain about lack of reality don't seem to have a problem with much stranger stuff such as this...

Real life players don't have 6.50 talent and earn experience points during training and playing matches so they can improve by spending it on a choice of 5 different skills. How about that star striker with a star rating of 40.00 and a scoring value of 9.10. Is that anything like reality? And after every goal he gets a little worse in each match, so he doesn't score as many.  In real life it mostly works the other way around. 

This game was written by one developer as a part-time hobby. It can't realistically compete with more polished professional gaming studios.  It's primarily a browser-based game of strategy based on football with 'matchstick' players. Many of the managers remember the days before internet and dial-up modems... 

If you enjoy using your brain and trying to outthink your opponents over the long term then it might be worth continuing. If you prefer a quick fix, a realistic match engine and fancy graphics then you probably won't stick around.

il Numpty
Продвинутый
Зарегистрировано2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
au IanTheRipper >> Пятница Январь 5 - 11:12

I'm here to escape real life, oh wait, here comes the wife...oh no, no pls, dont make me take out the garbage...

au IanTheRipper
Продвинутый
Зарегистрировано2023-09-19