Forum: Engleski rss-feed

Ovo je forum generalne diskusije za Engleski jezik. Kada postujete u ovom forumu morate koristiti ovaj jezik. Postovi na drugom jeziku biće uklonjeni. Ovaj forum koristi podsekcije za postove različitih tema. Postove o bagovima postavljajte u sekciju za bagove i gledajte gde koji post treba da ide.

Engleski >> Opšta diskusija

InCorrect name or surname (9)

pl Tomplus >> utorak mart 12 - 20:15
Hello,
whether you will be able to improve the players' names on correct?

example:
Eduard Ceran (nationality: POLAND) - correct name: Edward Ceran
Krystyn Haszczak -> Krystian Haszczak
Cezary Czupiradlo -> Cezary Czupiradło (L->Ł)
Bodgan Grzybek -> Bogdan Grzybek (dg -> gd)
Krzyszstof Andrychowski -> Krzysztof Andrychowski (remove one S letter)
pl Tomplus
Korisnik
Registrovan2013-02-08
pl Sarmacja Będzin
ro SpokenReasons >> utorak mart 12 - 20:47
Names of the players are fictive and do not necessary need to be like the real names. They are choosen of course depending of each country because of course you won`t find any "Ţânţăreanu" (its a romanian name) in Poland, right? :)
ro SpokenReasons
Korisnik
Registrovan2013-03-11
pl Tomplus >> sreda mart 13 - 07:59
But why one player have diacritical mark and second player dont have?
It is inconsistency in create name of players.

So if we talk about diacritical mark in names it we could understand, but other mistake in name example: BoDGan rather than BoGDan or KrzyszStof rather than Krzysztof (english name: Chris).

Tantareanu in latin sign, right?
pl Tomplus
Korisnik
Registrovan2013-02-08
pl Sarmacja Będzin
sco Arno Wiersma >> sreda mart 13 - 08:36
Not very important, but the prefix (voorvoegsel) in name of a dutch player who came out of my youth center started with a capital. In dutch that is not correct.
Example:
In game: Timon De Bakker
Correct: Timon de Bakker
sco Arno Wiersma
Početnik
Registrovan2013-02-08
ro SpokenReasons >> sreda mart 13 - 08:50
@Tomplus
Yes its a latin name and in Romania we use diacritical letters alot. Thats why almost every romanian name/word has at least 1 diacritical. Believe me from personal experience its not that easy to translate it. You need to pay maximum atention and also there are alot of expressions in english that cant be translated exactly in romanian but they can be done. Thats why names are important but not a "must" right now. They are good and over the time, the translators of the game will have the option to edit and add(very important) names for every country. The names are choosen randomly from a big list. Lets say:
Surnames: Bogdan, Ion, Andrei, Ghiţă
Names: Contra, Popescu, Marinică, Bobiţă

You would find names like:
Bogdan Contra
Bogdan Bobiţă
And so on. Thats why names need to be added constantly but not for now because the game isnt that populated there are other priorities right now for the development center.
ro SpokenReasons
Korisnik
Registrovan2013-03-11
pl Tomplus >> sreda mart 13 - 09:07
I think it is now best moment to correct name because, soon will be more names and surnames, more opinion like my.
pl Tomplus
Korisnik
Registrovan2013-02-08
pl Sarmacja Będzin
nl Vincent de Boer >> sreda mart 13 - 10:34
I fixed the names mentioned in this topic (in the datafiles, not for the existing players).

I will include this in the translators interface later though, there are too many names and I don't want to spend all my time in fixing them now.
nl Vincent de Boer
Glavni Developer
Registrovan2012-10-15
ro SpokenReasons >> sreda mart 13 - 10:48
That sounds great Vincent.
ro SpokenReasons
Korisnik
Registrovan2013-03-11
be okapi >> sreda mart 13 - 12:34, Editovan sreda mart 13 - 12:35
I'm not a pro for a discussion about names but a little remark @ Arno Wiersma. In Belgium almost every prefix is with a capital. In Belgium it should be strange to have a "de Bakker". It should be more logic to write "De Bakker".
But once again, I don't care. The names of my nephews are Somjit Wannarat, Tamree Wannarat and Abasi Miguna and they're Belgian.
be okapi
Korisnik
Registrovan2013-02-08
be My sharona