論壇: 英語 rss-feed

這是 英語 的綜合討論區。當你在這論壇討論時,你最好使用這種語言。如果用其他語言討論,可能會在沒有警告的情況下刪掉。這論壇有不同的分版來討論不同的事項。如果你發現有bug,請到bug回報區發言,也請看清楚每分版的功能,並在合適的地方發言。

英語 >> 綜合討論

The Chronicles of Davo (63)

au davo >> 週三 二月 23 - 11:34

Hello fellow managers,

I received a hugely distressing piece of personal news today. After suffering a complete failure of the use of my right arm, I have just been diagnosed with brain cancer. There is no estimate of how long I have got left yet, as I need a biopsy to determine the precise type of cancer. Hopefully it will be a reasonable length of time, but I will keep playing until the end.

I guess it will be apparent when that it has beaten me when I leave and never return. Hopefully I still have plenty of seasons in me, but I have no idea really.

au davo
經理
註冊於2013-08-27
il Numpty >> 週三 二月 23 - 11:46

That's really awful news Davo. 

I can only hope and pray that it's not aggressive and not very advanced and that it can be treated and/or managed successfully. 

I would very much welcome a PM from you if you would like to chat.

il Numpty
經理
註冊於2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
ca Alex Seymour >> 週四 二月 24 - 00:05

Bloody hell Davo I'm sorry to hear this. I'm totally lost for words.

Medical science has made incredible strides and cancer is not always the death sentence it used to be mate. I'm hoping for some positive news when you get further diagnosis.

I believe you're one of the Sunday League original gangsters that came across here when we left that game right?

ca Alex Seymour
經理
註冊於2013-12-02
ca Hamilton FC
ua Garfman >> 週四 二月 24 - 08:02

My goodness, so sorry to hear about this, Davo. Just hoping and praying that the news will be good in the end and that it's going to be treatable. Take care, mate.

ua Garfman
社區首席管理員
註冊於2013-02-08
ph Garfman FC
nl Counter_Culture >> 週四 二月 24 - 08:16

I'm shocked to hear this Davo, really don't know what to say... I'm wishing you all the best in the difficult times to come, for you and also your family and friends.... And of course hoping you can beat this thing! Take care.

nl Counter_Culture
見習經理
註冊於2013-05-30
eng holt >> 週四 二月 24 - 08:39

At a complete loss of words.

I sincerely hope that you can beat this menace. May good fortune shine upon you once again.

eng holt
見習經理
註冊於2013-05-18
ua Kalle >> 週四 二月 24 - 09:26

I have no words for it Davo. I wish you all the strength, love, care and luck in the world!

ua Kalle
經理
註冊於2013-06-19
nl PEC Zwolle
ee Taavi >> 週四 二月 24 - 09:52

You will get through this!

ee Taavi
社區管理員
註冊於2014-01-17
ee FC Pusa
au davo >> 週四 二月 24 - 11:14

Thanks everyone. It means a lot to read your comments.

au davo
經理
註冊於2013-08-27
hu LosPelocos >> 週四 二月 24 - 12:23

You'll be healthy soon! 

hu LosPelocos
翻譯者
註冊於2014-07-26
ls In Memoriam Davo
ir amirhosein >> 週五 六月 30 - 08:04

I hope he is fine but as I see long time he is offline.

ir amirhosein
經理
註冊於2014-12-20
ir Crown of Asia
il Numpty >> 週五 六月 30 - 09:14

I have chatted with Davo about his illness occasionally via PM. Although I think it's been a few months since the last message. 

I don't have a lot of detail but it's not good news I'm afraid. I can only hope and pray that this is just a short term blip while he's having treatment and he will return at some point. But I fear the worst. 

As far as I know the cancer is not curable and any treatable is likely to be palliative.

I believe that the depressing reality is he will continue to deteriorate and it's just a matter of time.  The timescales are probably not going to be years. Fortunately he has a good family support network. 

il Numpty
經理
註冊於2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
il Numpty >> 週五 六月 30 - 09:39

Just to add that I'm very reluctant to share what Davo has told me in private about his illness.  Especially on a public forum. 

But given the nature of the illness if anyone wants a bit more info then please feel free to send me a PM.

il Numpty
經理
註冊於2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
il Numpty >> 週日 七月 2 - 23:15, 新編輯 週一 七月 3 - 09:27

How could anyone be so cruel. The man has a terminal illness.

That is easily the sickest post you've ever made. If it was up to me I'd give you a straight ban from the whole game. 

You really are a shit!

[Edit - Was reply to Siege's now deleted post.]

il Numpty
經理
註冊於2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets