Season 63 (82)

my nivsek >> 星期六 十二月 25 - 13:48

Tough game Stephen :(

my nivsek
小有名气
注册于2013-08-08
eng We Lost
fo BakerMan >> 星期四 十二月 30 - 18:25

Through to the next round of the Champions League for the first time! Almost makes up for drawing Seaburn away (again!) in the Cup.

fo BakerMan
小有名气
注册于2013-04-05
eng Jaypridee Town
fo BakerMan >> 星期五 十二月 31 - 20:30, 已编辑 星期五 十二月 31 - 20:31

Well the year draws to a close and the top 4 look like they are pulling clear, with Canvey Island the new kids on the block - can they hold on during the second half of the season? The race for the other European places looks interesting with 6 teams in the hunt for the three European League places.

Hope Santa brought you all gifts you wanted, everyone avoided Omicron and Happy New Year to all.

If someone could just buy my reserve keeper for an exorbitant fee, my Xmas will be complete!

fo BakerMan
小有名气
注册于2013-04-05
eng Jaypridee Town
fr theo >> 星期天 一月 2 - 15:49

happy new year to all friends

fr theo
小有名气
注册于2018-06-02
fr INF clairefontaine
il Numpty >> 星期一 一月 3 - 10:58

And bonne Année to our french cousins.

il Numpty
小有名气
注册于2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
fo BakerMan >> 星期二 一月 11 - 15:39

It's a bit quiet here at the moment.

Vaguely significant game for me this evening - if I can win at home against Seaburn (ha!) I'd go into the last 8 games with a two point lead. It's the hope that kills you.

fo BakerMan
小有名气
注册于2013-04-05
eng Jaypridee Town
fo BakerMan >> 星期二 一月 11 - 15:41

Also - storming performance by Cardiff in Europe so far - on the brink of a semi-final (hoping not to jinx this)

fo BakerMan
小有名气
注册于2013-04-05
eng Jaypridee Town
eng Stephen >> 星期二 一月 11 - 19:34

Hmmm. A third away defeat of the season. Apparently, 26 shots is no longer enough these days. It'll be difficult to retain the title from here looking at the remaining fixtures

eng Stephen
首席管理员
注册于2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
fo BakerMan >> 星期二 一月 11 - 19:41

My goalkeeper had a fine second half - and my 17 shots was pretty respectable I thought. My new philospphy of stop trying fancy tactics against Seaburn and just go for it worked (to my surprise I admit).

A barn door will be sent to Seaburn in honour of their second half.

I'm now looking at my double Canvey end of the season with a certain amount of dread, but no doubt I'll find a way to draw a game before then so Seaburn can beat me on goal difference again.

fo BakerMan
小有名气
注册于2013-04-05
eng Jaypridee Town
ca Alex Seymour >> 星期二 一月 11 - 20:23

Lol a double Canvey. Never heard that in a sentence before.

I need to get to that 3rd spot or finish 5th. I don't want a Champions league playoff or else it will be another short European tour for the lads. Then Lee will release a box set 'Best of Canvey in Europe' which consists of 4 blank DVDs.

ca Alex Seymour
小有名气
注册于2013-12-02
ca Hamilton FC
il Numpty >> 星期二 一月 11 - 22:37

Well done to the @BM - that's livened up the end of the season. 

I'll have a double Canvey with ice please. 

il Numpty
小有名气
注册于2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
fr Blackwhite >> 星期二 一月 11 - 22:38

An exciting end of the season where anything can happen ! undecided

fr Blackwhite
社区管理员
注册于2015-09-30
fr Les Licornes Blanches
eng Lee >> 星期二 一月 11 - 22:47

BakerMan - I don't see my team taking the points off you but Alex's boys will make it tough for you.

Finishing top 10 was my goal at the start of the season but I've now got one eye on the last European spot (as do 4 other teams). Would be nice to get into the playoffs and go one better than the Island boys and actually score!

eng Lee
小有名气
注册于2014-10-14
eng Canvey Pixels
eng Monk >> 星期三 一月 12 - 15:34

Could this be it? Could Jaypridee finally win a major? Just 7 straight wins from glory after his smash and grab raid on Seaburn. Will he snatch defeat from the jaws of victory?

Personally I wouldn't fancy two Canvey away trips to win the title. Watch this space.....

eng Monk
小有名气
注册于2013-09-01
eng Scammonden Daoists
fo BakerMan >> 星期三 一月 12 - 17:29

To be honest I don't like the look of any of my away games from here. Monk - if you could beat Seaburn for me on the last day that would be a great help. I'm worried what the lads might get up to between the back to back games in Canvey...

My money is on a Seaburn league victory on goal difference.

fo BakerMan
小有名气
注册于2013-04-05
eng Jaypridee Town