英格兰联赛 第55赛季

论坛: 联赛论坛 rss-feed

讨论你的联赛,谁最有希望夺得联赛冠军,谁将升级或降级,各支球队在杯赛的状况。

返回论坛首页

Season 63 (82)

fo BakerMan >> 星期三 一月 12 - 17:31

Also - smash and grab raid is harsh! If I'd scored 3 goals from 3 shots fair enough, but there were 17 shots! We were playing to win!

fo BakerMan
小有名气
注册于2013-04-05
eng Jaypridee Town
il Numpty >> 星期三 一月 12 - 18:42

He's probably got you confused with the Wonderbras ... :D

il Numpty
小有名气
注册于2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
eng Lee >> 星期三 一月 12 - 20:44

I don't think Canvey has been mentioned this much on any forum....makes my chest swell with pride!

eng Lee
小有名气
注册于2014-10-14
eng Canvey Pixels
il Numpty >> 星期四 一月 13 - 12:33

I should make the most of it Lee. 

Another 20 years of global warming will see Canvey Island getting reclaimed by the Thames estuary ... :D

il Numpty
小有名气
注册于2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
eng Lee >> 星期四 一月 13 - 12:56

Someone did a Google search!

eng Lee
小有名气
注册于2014-10-14
eng Canvey Pixels
ca Alex Seymour >> 星期四 一月 13 - 19:58

Our mighty sea wall will defend us. Which incidentally is the nickname for Canvey Islands back five.

ca Alex Seymour
小有名气
注册于2013-12-02
ca Hamilton FC
fo BakerMan >> 星期四 一月 13 - 22:36

Close fights everywhere this season, apart from 5th place which looks sown up. Tight at the top, tight for 3rd/4th, tight for the qualifying places in 6th and 7th and tight at the bottom. It is indeed squeaky bum time throughout the league.

fo BakerMan
小有名气
注册于2013-04-05
eng Jaypridee Town
eng Lee >> 星期四 一月 13 - 22:51

Tried to be clever with today's formation but lost.......can I get a do-over?

eng Lee
小有名气
注册于2014-10-14
eng Canvey Pixels
fr Blackwhite >> 星期天 一月 16 - 15:55, 已编辑 星期天 一月 16 - 15:58

Congratulations to Seaburn Beach on winning the Cup of England (22nd Cup for this team)

==> This victory offers to my team the group stage of the European Cup for the next season since we finish 5th in the championship cool

fr Blackwhite
社区管理员
注册于2015-09-30
fr Les Licornes Blanches
eng Monk >> 星期一 一月 17 - 11:53

Consecutive home defeats have now made European Competition look highly unlikely for Melchester Rovers next season.

"It's a lack of goals," explained Monk the Melchester manager. "We didn't invest in a striker in either of the last two transfer windows. I'm not a miracle worker, I can only work with the players I have."
Asked about his 'smash and grab' comments on Jaypridee's win over Seaburn, Monk replied, "There was no intention to cause any offence, and I regret if any upset was caused. Personally, I blame the BBC. Anyone watching those edited highlights could be forgiven for reaching the same conclusion."

Finally re the final match of the season against Seaburn, which could have an effect on where the title goes, he added, "We will of course try our best, but Seaburn always score and we currently do not. If Jaypridee are to win the title, then they will need to do it off their own backs."

Roy Race was far more animated after the defeat. "It's not good enough," he ranted. "We would have bought a striker had I not suffered electricity blackouts inbetween seasons. A whole month I was without supply, just when most deals are done. Bloody electricity companies. It's Monk's job to run the team and European football is a minimum. If Melchester don't make a European spot, either he goes or I go!"

Asked about the final game of the season and a reported restaurant meeting with rival manager Stephen, Roy commented, "That was a professional meeting, about, er, um, signing a new striker of theirs. Yes, a new striker. And that brown paper bag Stephen passed to me, that was just information on that striker. National insurance details, that sort of thing. Yes, that's right. And we will try our best to beat Seaburn, we won't roll over like some people are suggesting. I'd love it if we beat them, I'd love it. I'D LOVE IT!"

eng Monk
小有名气
注册于2013-09-01
eng Scammonden Daoists
eng Stephen >> 星期一 一月 17 - 19:51, 已编辑 星期一 一月 17 - 19:52

Q: Stephen, thanks for speaking to us today. You've been quiet recently. What's behind your recent silence?

A: Well, I've been letting my snooker do the talking.

Q: Your snooker...?

A: Yes, that's right. I've been mainly practising my break off shot. More times that not I can avoid the in off, but I often cannon one of the colours when I get the cue ball back into the baulk end. I'll get there in the end.

Q: *pauses* Is this one of those elaborate metaphors?

A: If you like.

Q: Right. So, it's the end of the season. Squeaky bum time. Can Seaburn get over the line?

A: What is success anyway, Brian? Is it winning the Youth Cup? Is it winning the Cup? Is it winning the league for a 16th consecutive season to claim the treble? As Meatloaf sang, two out of three ain't bad, surely?

Obviously, we'd dearly love to take the league title, but there's only the pink and black left on the table and we need 18 to win the frame. It'll need a snooker and the balls aren't ideally placed for that. We'll need to clip the pink really fine, but with plenty of backspin to avoid the in off and with enough power to get the cue ball tight to the top cushion.

As you've probably noticed, I have this half and half Canvey replica shirt on. One side Pixels and the other side Island. In hindsight, yes, it might have been better not to beat Canvey Island in the Cup final given we now need a massive favour from them. But what can you do? You think you've won the frame in a single visit only to get a kick on that crucial red and your opponent comes into clear the table.

Q: Thanks, Stephen. And now back to the studio.

eng Stephen
首席管理员
注册于2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
fo BakerMan >> 星期二 一月 18 - 07:37

Well, here we are. The Double Canvey. Two wins needed. 

fo BakerMan
小有名气
注册于2013-04-05
eng Jaypridee Town
il Numpty >> 星期二 一月 18 - 09:48, 已编辑 星期二 一月 18 - 09:49

One thing about Stephen, he's got plenty of balls.

Cue a comeback ...

il Numpty
小有名气
注册于2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
eng Monk >> 星期二 一月 18 - 12:50

I'm not sure who has who snookered here. Canvey Island's home record this season is 16 wins and 2 draws......

Last season they were unbeaten at home and the last time they were beaten at home was week 35 of season 61 (by Cardiff). 

No pressure then.

eng Monk
小有名气
注册于2013-09-01
eng Scammonden Daoists
fo BakerMan >> 星期二 一月 18 - 14:36, 已编辑 星期二 一月 18 - 14:40

Monk - I know. My bet is still on Seaburn winning the league on goal difference. One draw, one defeat in my last two trips to Canvey island and we drew earlier in this season at my ground. I'm pretty pleased we've got this close - there were a few away trips I thought I might lose points in before this. So far my second half of the season reads 17 wins, 0 draws, 0 defeats - and it still might not be enough. Those points I dropped at home to Melchester early in the season are looming large...

I've also drawn 2 of my last 3 away to the Pixels, so I may blow it even before I play the last game.

If you could beat Seaburn in their last game, it'd be appreciated.

fo BakerMan
小有名气
注册于2013-04-05
eng Jaypridee Town