League of Angola season 48

Forum: League forum rss-feed

Discuss your league, who are the favorites to win the league this season? Who will be promoted/relegated, how are you doing in the cup?

Return to forum index

S29: the league awakens (10)

eng Stephen >> wednesday february 8 - 14:22
So, we're back. And my previously tight defence has turned to mush. I may need some new tactics...
eng Stephen
Head Admin
Registered2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
eng Dragontao >> thursday february 9 - 17:33
I've taken away my keeper's tictacs. Hoping his halitosis keeps opposing forwards away.
eng Dragontao
User
Registered2013-09-07
eng Colchester City #2
eng Stephen >> friday february 10 - 19:20
That wasn't too successful, was it?! ;)

A packed stadium was rocking today as the Stench of Failure played host to the Bolton Wonderbras. As one would expect, the Wonderbras had lots of support off the pitch, but it turned out to be just window dressing on it. The home supporters witnessed a crushing win - their first in the league this season and as the goals rained in, the crowd become ever more jubilant until it seemed that the whole stadium was shaking to chants of "The Stench, Stench will tear you apart, again." (Of course, the construction work on the level 6 stadium upgrade may have had something to do with this too. It seems sort of unbelievable that major reconstruction can take place while games are being hosted. It seems Angola's health and safety legislation may need some tightening up, perhaps...)
eng Stephen
Head Admin
Registered2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
eng Stephen >> saturday february 11 - 08:40
The Stench have gone goal-crazy! Followed up a 4-0 home win with an 8-0 away one! My on loan midfielder banged in a hattrick of freekicks. If only I could play that side every week, but it's back to playing proper sides again now...
eng Stephen
Head Admin
Registered2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
eng Dragontao >> saturday february 11 - 20:14
After the debacle against the Stench left my defence feeling right tits, I left my useless keeper on the bench for today's easy task of taking points off of Parma FC 1913. Some watching pundits were confused by the 1913 handle and thought that was the predicted Parma score having watched my team's previous game.

Fortunately my stand in keeper actually did a little more than just stand in goal, saving a host of shots before succumbing to two late goals, the score finishing in a 0-2 home defeat. Though it's fair to say my shot shy strikers were lucky to get nil.
eng Dragontao
User
Registered2013-09-07
eng Colchester City #2
eng Stephen >> friday february 24 - 07:19
U21 Youth Cup Champions! Fair play to Seaburn Beach for supplying most of the team...
eng Stephen
Head Admin
Registered2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
eng Dragontao >> friday february 24 - 16:42
Congrats Stephen
eng Dragontao
User
Registered2013-09-07
eng Colchester City #2
eng Stephen >> thursday march 16 - 18:38
35,000 seat stadium built, but this does leave the atmosphere somewhat lacking when only 12,000 spectators turn up...
Can anyone lend me some fans?
eng Stephen
Head Admin
Registered2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
eng Stephen >> saturday march 18 - 07:37
Wow, I appear to have qualified for the African League. I think I'm going to need a lot of better players...
eng Stephen
Head Admin
Registered2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
eng Dragontao >> sunday march 19 - 13:40
I'm looking to try and bring in three better quality players, plus my usual 3 loaners, then it's time to start saving for 50k stadium and hope my attendances allow me to build it before my starter bonus runs out.
eng Dragontao
User
Registered2013-09-07
eng Colchester City #2