League of Austria season 64

Forum: League forum rss-feed

Discuss your league, who are the favorites to win the league this season? Who will be promoted/relegated, how are you doing in the cup?

Return to forum index

Photo Finish, Season 8 (5)

at schorny >> monday march 17 - 18:12
The season is coming to an end and we have, like every year, a photo finish :)

It seems SC Columbia will defend their title and claim it the 3rd time in a row. What a shame. FC Red Bull Salzburg will be second place after a lot of third places this is a nice step up and for the first time ever FC Korndackeln will be 3rd.

But what is way more interesting is the fourth place.
Austria Wien Sopron and FC Alt Erlaa both have the same number of points. And they will face each other still.

So I think FC Alt Erlaa is the favourite to get the 4th place, but Austria Wien Sopron is no pushover. Remember that this is just for prestige, as the Cup Finale is between FC Korndackeln and FC Red Bull Salzburg, so the cup ticket will fall to the league. So the first 5 teams will play international next season.

FC Alt Erlaa has to face:
At Home: Austria Wien Sopron, FC Wurmhausen
Away: FC Red Bull Salzburg, SV Kumberg

Austria Wien Sopron has to face:
At Home: FC Korndackeln, FC Salzburg
Away: FC Alt Erlaa, FC Red Bull Salzburg

I think the games are too tough for Austria Wien Sopron, as I expect a loss against FC Korndackeln and FC Red Bull Salzburg, while FC Alt Erlaa has only 1 loss preprogrammes: FC Red Bull Salzburg.

But if Austria Wien Sopron can win the game against FC Alt Erlaa, even though it is an away match, thing will get interesting as Austria Wien Sopron will get fourth place if both teams have the same number of points.

So who do you root for and who do you think will take the fourth place and get, as we call it in german: blech (the tin medal).
at schorny
User
Registered2013-03-05
at StormZ >> tuesday march 18 - 01:21
i think Martin can secure 4th place,he deserved it after all :D
at StormZ
User
Registered2013-03-07
lu Martin >> tuesday march 18 - 13:51
thx for this interesting statement :)
i hope i will win against Austria Wien Sopron but i had a bad feeling ! the other teams are very strong and we see all season that many teams lost against "weaker" teams ! but this year the fifth place is very good :)
lu Martin
Registered2013-05-26
at schorny >> thursday march 20 - 16:49, Edited thursday march 20 - 16:49
Seems like it is decided.
Austria Wien Sopron has to win at FC Red Bull Salzburg while FC Alt Erlaa has to lose at home against FC Wurmhausen. For Austria Wien Sopron to overtake FC Alt Erlaa. Any other result will lead to a 4th place for FC Alt Erlaa.

So I will be forward with this:
Congrats Martin. You deserved this!
at schorny
User
Registered2013-03-05
lu Martin >> thursday march 20 - 19:18
thx schorny :)
lu Martin
Registered2013-05-26