League of Canada season 21

Forum: League forum rss-feed

Discuss your league, who are the favorites to win the league this season? Who will be promoted/relegated, how are you doing in the cup?

Return to forum index

Season 22 (61)

ca Jax >> sunday march 13 - 04:24
Thank you. I thought Brainbot was going to get some luck in his game based on the quick red card and multiple injuries to FC Arsenal but the deficit was too great.

As for my match, my opponent might've outsmarted himself. He killed me attacking my Left side in the first leg and he decided to go against that and attacked my Right instead.

My plan never changed in either leg and that was to attack from the RM/RF positions with High Risk Shooting. His LB was the player I wanted to attack most. Arundel created many fast break chances from DM which has become the standard.

This season has been a success based on making it this far in the tournament but I'll obviously be trying to keep the ball rolling. It would be a large achievement to win this tournament starting all the way back in the very first round of qualifiers. I wonder if anyone else has done that before? I know that no Canadian team has done that.

Good luck to Montreal in their match tomorrow!
ca Jax
User
Registered2014-05-30
tw 凸(`⌒´メ)凸 >> sunday march 13 - 06:39
very nice turn defeat into victory, especially against a Cuba team
tw 凸(`⌒´メ)凸
User
Registered2013-10-26
eng Lee >> monday march 14 - 21:07
It's quite the 3-way battle at the top of the table - the excitement builds!
eng Lee
User
Registered2014-10-14
eng Canvey Pixels
eng Lee >> tuesday march 15 - 17:50
Oh well, my goal of finishing above 9th this season was really just a delusional dream. At least I have 2 extra games to look forward to!
eng Lee
User
Registered2014-10-14
eng Canvey Pixels
ca Jax >> tuesday march 15 - 18:59
I'm really displeased to concede two goals past the 80th minute, especially to concede a penalty in extra time. A 2-0 or 3-1 result isn't impossible but highly unlikely.

It will take some serious luck to avoid conceding in the home leg. At least I've got 9th place locked up for another season of North American League.
ca Jax
User
Registered2014-05-30
ca Jax >> tuesday march 15 - 23:51
Daaaaammmmmmnnnn... @Ron is on a massive point streak (8 games) Ruono is making some big saves it seems as well. You came out of nowhere to get involved the in the last North American spot.

Needless to say, @Holan had a good day of results, too. It's crazy to think that I am only 3 points out of 4th place right now. What a logjam from 4th to 8th.
ca Jax
User
Registered2014-05-30
lv Andris >> wednesday march 16 - 06:45
Finally, I going up! :)
lv Andris
User
Registered2014-07-09
ca Ron >> wednesday march 16 - 08:15
I wish this run started a few weeks earlier but I can't really complain...
ca Ron
User
Registered2013-12-26
bo Tupiza FC
br lujandecuyo >> wednesday march 16 - 14:48
Congrats @magicholan for the league and cup
br lujandecuyo
User
Registered2013-05-24
ca Tristeza Nao Tem Fim
ca Jax >> wednesday march 16 - 16:57, Edited wednesday march 16 - 20:14
Congratulations to @Andris. It's nice to see a new team break into the 1st division.

@lujan I don't think he's won the League just yet. Assuming he beats Toronto, he's clinched it. It's extremely likely.

Never count your chickens before they hatch

No matter what happens, @Holan your game with Montreal will likely have large implications on the last champions league spot. Montreal, Hamilton, Ottawa and myself.

Edit: NOW, it's over! Congrats Holan!
ca Jax
User
Registered2014-05-30
eng Lee >> wednesday march 16 - 20:25
Congratulations Holan!
eng Lee
User
Registered2014-10-14
eng Canvey Pixels
ca Jax >> wednesday march 16 - 21:11
Well... I couldn't score 1 vs. TORO, his Keeper made some big stops. Sorry I couldn't help you out Ron, I was hoping to win, though.

++Congrats again to Holan for winning the League for the first time. Seeing new Champions in back to back seasons makes us all feel like we'll have a shot eventually (even if that isn't true haha)++

_+_+_ Finally, Keep in mind that the final Champions League spot and the final North American League spot are all up for grabs tomorrow. Every match except Toronto vs. Me has implications. I'd hope that everyone plays fairly competitive squads so we aren't gifting spots to anyone._+_+_

Thanks and good season everyone!
ca Jax
User
Registered2014-05-30
ca Alex Seymour >> wednesday march 16 - 22:35
Everybody seems to have missed the fact I won the U21s for the 3rd season running ;-)

Well done Holan, massive achievement on the double.
ca Alex Seymour
User
Registered2013-12-02
ca Hamilton FC
ca Jax >> wednesday march 16 - 23:17
@Alex The only U21 game I remember is my u21 Cup semi-final victory over Hamilton FC... but then again I guess I do remember losing the final on a VERY late goal.
ca Jax
User
Registered2014-05-30
ca Jax >> thursday march 17 - 07:48
As Vic Rauter would say... "MAKE THE FINAL.."
ca Jax
User
Registered2014-05-30