League of Canada season 52

Forum: League forum rss-feed

Discuss your league, who are the favorites to win the league this season? Who will be promoted/relegated, how are you doing in the cup?

Return to forum index

Canadian NT discussion thread (102)

ca Alex Seymour >> sunday december 3 - 03:16

erm...nobody has applied for the NT boss. Time is running out. Don't miss the deadline Lujan.

ca Alex Seymour
User
Registered2013-12-02
ca Hamilton FC
br lujandecuyo >> sunday december 3 - 17:21

I'll have VIP vouchers tomorrow.

br lujandecuyo
User
Registered2013-05-24
ca Tristeza Nao Tem Fim
ca Jax >> monday december 11 - 15:48

Unfortunately it's been another disappointing campaign for Canada.  It is no real consolation that the two teams who escaped our group went on to meet in the final.  It seems very typical.

Our team lacks a true #1 midfielder and now that Cage and Calmesnil are past their primes, we will continue to transition until current mids improve.  We have 3 midfielders who are the future of the team (Rabelais/Raymond/Drouin) and Kovacic will likely be involved in the team for a long time.

We also have 2 great RB's in Herbard and Glew but nobody effective to play the left side.  I had to use one of them on the Left for the NAC and was probably the differece between qualifying and not qualifying.  I'm not making excuses, I'm just making it known that this is an issue that needs resolving.

The only positive from my 1 season in charge is that we have moved up over 25 spots in the rankings to 71.  With the current squad we can break into the top 50 soon.

ca Jax
User
Registered2014-05-30
ca Sadrudin >> wednesday december 13 - 02:46

Good luck to lujandecuyo, as he is Canada's new manager!

ca Sadrudin
Registered2016-06-18
ca Sadrudin >> wednesday december 13 - 02:48, Edited wednesday december 13 - 02:48

Just curious: If I were to create a 1 000 credit player, (which I already have about 1 000 credits, just not enough money) what position is most needed for the national team?

It looks as if a midfielder is needed, along with a left back, per Jax's comment. But are there any more suggestions?

Also, would a 1 000 credit player be likely to make it into Canada's first team?

ca Sadrudin
Registered2016-06-18
ca Jax >> wednesday december 13 - 02:59

@Sadrudin I would not recommend making a 1000 credit player at all.  With the addition of Youth Academy, the quality of National Teamers is going elevate.  I have 20 days left until I complete the upgrade and will be switching my settings to only produce Canadians.

As for positions needed, it's cyclical.  I say that the team lacks a top assist man at the moment but we definately have 3-4 excellent prospects who are in the 22-19 age range.  Considering you cannot make a 25-27 year old player, there is no point stressing about a position selection.

ca Jax
User
Registered2014-05-30
br lujandecuyo >> monday january 29 - 14:43

I'm sorry you guys failed you frown

br lujandecuyo
User
Registered2013-05-24
ca Tristeza Nao Tem Fim
ca Alex Seymour >> tuesday march 13 - 01:21

@lujandecuyo are you going to run again?

I think you should have another crack at it.

ca Alex Seymour
User
Registered2013-12-02
ca Hamilton FC
br lujandecuyo >> tuesday march 13 - 13:45, Edited tuesday march 13 - 13:45

yes, I'll do it.

br lujandecuyo
User
Registered2013-05-24
ca Tristeza Nao Tem Fim
ca Ron >> wednesday june 20 - 20:14

So who is taking the reigns of our NT....

ca Ron
User
Registered2013-12-26
bo Tupiza FC
ca Alex Seymour >> thursday june 21 - 23:44

You volunteering Ron?!

I am going to have another crack at Nicaragua. They are like family to me now.

ca Alex Seymour
User
Registered2013-12-02
ca Hamilton FC
ca Ron >> friday june 22 - 01:10

Sure if nobody wants it....I am more experienced then last time...But will pass on it if somebosy else wants and or deserves a shot..

ca Ron
User
Registered2013-12-26
bo Tupiza FC
ca Jax >> friday june 22 - 20:09

I have no intention in taking on that commitment, FYI.  In other news, Dennis King just had a Speed training.  Beauty!  cool

ca Jax
User
Registered2014-05-30
br lujandecuyo >> wednesday june 27 - 01:47

Who's running? Ron? just to stay calm that it's still in our hands.

I'm running for Guyana.

br lujandecuyo
User
Registered2013-05-24
ca Tristeza Nao Tem Fim
br lujandecuyo >> tuesday july 3 - 13:35

Semis of North American Championships vs Alex

Good luck, my friend.

br lujandecuyo
User
Registered2013-05-24
ca Tristeza Nao Tem Fim