League of Canada season 72

Forum: League forum rss-feed

Discuss your league, who are the favorites to win the league this season? Who will be promoted/relegated, how are you doing in the cup?

Return to forum index

Canadian NT discussion thread (102)

ca Ron >> tuesday december 13 - 09:26
ouch....
ca Ron
User
Registered2013-12-26
bo Tupiza FC
ca Jax >> saturday december 17 - 23:24, Edited saturday december 17 - 23:35
Didn't quite have the firepower to overturn the 2 goal deficit. This draw would have finished much differently if Canada's most important midfielder (Jeremy Cass) had been available for either leg. It's as simple as that.

Canada is now ranked outside the Top 70 and this is very disappointing but inevitable. Unfortunately, Canada's lack of an Elite Goalkeeper and inadequate defense has been the downfall of the NT during my campaign.

The good news is that we are finally starting to see an influx of younger, more adequate defenders in the shortlist. By the time Chennaz (#1 Keeper) is 30 years old, the team should return to continental glory. At that point, our supertalented backup will become important and many of our useless defenders will disappear from the shortlist.

Things will improve but it will depend on a new wave of Youth Centre 10's in the future. My YC10 completes in 25 days and I should be expecting a supertalent in the next 2 months. I will do everything in my power to make sure he is Canadian.
ca Jax
User
Registered2014-05-30
ca Jax >> sunday january 15 - 20:50
The Managers Chair for the Canadian NT currently sits vacant. @Ron are you going to run for the job?
ca Jax
User
Registered2014-05-30
ca Alex Seymour >> monday january 16 - 21:10
Yep we need a volunteer before somebody nips in and XP farms their own players. Would be good to have somebody from our league running for the top job.
ca Alex Seymour
User
Registered2013-12-02
ca Hamilton FC
ca Ron >> monday january 16 - 23:42
I am getting relegated again...I will do it if you are comfortable with it..otherwise I have no issue with somebody else stepping up or keeping the status quo
ca Ron
User
Registered2013-12-26
bo Tupiza FC
ca Alex Seymour >> monday january 16 - 23:45
I vote for Ron. Ron for president.
ca Alex Seymour
User
Registered2013-12-02
ca Hamilton FC
ca Jax >> tuesday january 17 - 01:55
I will also support you @Ron as you were a good sport about me taking my turn. You have shown proper commitment to the game and have gotten your NT experience elsewhere.

Vote for Ron!
ca Jax
User
Registered2014-05-30
ca Jax >> sunday january 22 - 01:56
In case anyone is wondering why their player has been dropped. It' simply to use players who can still earn XP and might have use in the future.

The next manager, presumably @Ron, can start fresh and re-select his lineup accordingly.

Thanks
ca Jax
User
Registered2014-05-30
br lujandecuyo >> friday january 27 - 20:53
Have luck Ron!

Select my players, lol.
br lujandecuyo
User
Registered2013-05-24
ca Tristeza Nao Tem Fim
ca Sadrudin >> friday february 3 - 00:23
Ron, we hope you have a successful time as the manager of Canada! Good luck!
ca Sadrudin
Registered2016-06-18
ca Ron >> friday february 3 - 08:45
Well....Got my first look at our National Team and what we have and what we can use so far...In my estimation goaltending and midfield is definitely an area of concern...

My plans:

Please feel free to offer advice...We our only as good as our participation...The best players depending on matchups will paly in NA and WC qualifying...The Friendlies will be for our young and upcoming players so you will see changes to the roster in that perspective. If you have a player get dropped feel free to shoot me an email...I will respond with an explanation and let you know my future thoughts...Let's hope for the best...
ca Ron
User
Registered2013-12-26
bo Tupiza FC
br lujandecuyo >> friday february 3 - 19:51
Great Start Ron!
br lujandecuyo
User
Registered2013-05-24
ca Tristeza Nao Tem Fim
ca Sadrudin >> friday february 3 - 20:29, Edited sunday february 19 - 19:06
Congrats on your first win, Ron!
ca Sadrudin
Registered2016-06-18
ca Jax >> saturday february 4 - 05:50, Edited saturday february 4 - 05:54
@ron I'd highly recommend re-selecting Jeremy Cass and Carlo De Calmesnil. Both are Intelligent and that adds 1.0 tactics. Cass is still the best offensive midfielder Canada has (by a large margin) Of course it is up to you, though.
ca Jax
User
Registered2014-05-30
ca Ron >> wednesday february 15 - 06:01
Another draw...I guess considering it was an away match any points should be considered a good result...Lots of challenges with our National Team...
ca Ron
User
Registered2013-12-26
bo Tupiza FC