League of England season 46

Forum: League forum rss-feed

Discuss your league, who are the favorites to win the league this season? Who will be promoted/relegated, how are you doing in the cup?

Return to forum index

Season 51 (28)

eng Kezza >> tuesday may 5 - 12:02

Congratulations Yid.

I'm very happy with 8th with a team approaching their peak. Should be able to start Stadium 11 either after the end of season transfer window closes or about half way through next season. Then I can finally try and catch up with the training facilities of the top teams here!

eng Kezza
Registered2013-02-07
eng Kezza >> tuesday may 5 - 13:57

Nice!

Replacing your best players has always been my biggest challenge in this game.. you want younger, but don't want to a) spend too much b) buy a player who will make your team worse.

It's hard to maintain a worldclass team even though Stephen makes it look easy!

eng Kezza
Registered2013-02-07
no Thor >> tuesday may 5 - 14:00

Well done to all this season.

I played the whole season just playing 4-4-2, finished 12th the same with tactics 5-3-2 last two seasons.

Not sure what to do with the team, stadium 11 is years away, the top 4 teams are miles ahead, money is so hard to come buy with no transfer market.

Unfortunately no money no progress. 

My profit for the season was £73m, It will take 10 more seasons to get stadium 11!!!!

By that time can you imagine how good the top 4 teams will be by then with their FA 4/5 players!!!

no Thor
Registered2019-07-21
eng Yid >> tuesday may 5 - 16:51

Cheers Kezza

eng Yid
User
Registered2014-06-23
eng Tottenham Hotspur FC
no Thor >> tuesday may 5 - 20:46, Edited tuesday may 5 - 20:48

We will be playing in Thunderdomes by then not stadiums.

Two teams enter........Stephens team leaves!!!!

no Thor
Registered2019-07-21
eng Stephen >> tuesday may 5 - 21:30

107 points, 131 goals scored and a GD of +115

I think we might have reached peak Seaburn Beach, though there’s only the league to show for it. Out of the Cup in the semis, lost the SuperCup (though don’t actually consider that important), lost the final of the English Friendly Cup with my all-English side (very, very important), and out of Europe in the last 16 of the CL to a side I really feel I should be beating.

Not sure what to do next. I think I’m done with the facilities arms race because the costs take too much out of the transfer budget. This does put a lot of pressure on transfer dealings though... 

eng Stephen
Head Admin
Registered2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
no Thor >> thursday may 7 - 02:36

^^^^

The above post just reminds me of Chandler from Friends.

It must be so hard:

"My wallet's too small for my fifties, and my diamond shoes are too tight!"

We should set up a GoFundMe page for Seaburn Beach.

no Thor
Registered2019-07-21
eng Stephen >> thursday may 7 - 13:06

Hardly, Dean/Sammy. At no point am I complaining about the position I’m in. Just musing out loud about the future of the club: invest in facilities or have a transfer budget.

If you listened instead of pouring scorn using a 25+ year old reference point, then you might actually learn something.

eng Stephen
Head Admin
Registered2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
no Thor >> thursday may 7 - 14:20

Sorry I thought you could take a joke, its just fun and games.

What can I learn from your statement? How to spend 100's of millions of your vast fortune obtained from 6 years of playing this game.

How many second teams have you had? Not so easy with a new team is it. Without years and years of building, when you could catch up to level 10 facilities with most other managers.

Now it is impossible, before you had a transfer market, now it is dead, big clubs no longer need a transfer market as their facilites are vastly improved from the old limit of level 10.

The only chance a new manager has of competing in the game is taking over a top club (which I did) which has facilities with level 10 stadium already and FA/YA level 2+.

The new facilities have ruined the game completely and I think Vincent knows this, this decision ruined the competitive edge, also along with the fact that there is only really one set of tactics worth playing.

Since the game introduced the new facility upgrades the game has been going downhill.

Anyway like I said it was just a little joke, lighten up, smile, relax a little and be kind to others.

no Thor
Registered2019-07-21
no Thor >> thursday may 7 - 14:50

Anyways, I want to enjoy the game and at least feel some progress, so I will be leaving the UK and joining a smaller more competitive league in Europe.

There is no way of catching up the top teams anymore, that ship has sailed all we can do now is enjoy the game until Vincent decides to turn it off.

no Thor
Registered2019-07-21