League of England season 52

Forum: League forum rss-feed

Discuss your league, who are the favorites to win the league this season? Who will be promoted/relegated, how are you doing in the cup?

Return to forum index

Season 76 (78)

fr Blackwhite >> tuesday october 31 - 14:52

Yes Man I hope we won't be in the same group for this competition

And of course see you in France in season 79

Thank you for telling me because I hadn't seen it

fr Blackwhite
Community admin
Registered2015-09-30
fr Les Licornes Blanches
eng Matt Turner >> monday november 6 - 21:13

Looks like another team took me a little too lightly, when I was expecting to get hammered!

eng Matt Turner
User
Registered2013-08-02
eng heavens light
fo BakerMan >> monday november 6 - 21:32

Nope - same set up as lots of games, just my strikers didn't have shooting boots on and only scored 1 from 23 attempts

fo BakerMan
User
Registered2013-04-05
eng Jaypridee Town
eng Stephen >> monday november 6 - 22:19

Oh, I didn't see that result coming. So much so in fact that I made an extravagant transfer to try and increase the goal haul!

Zinsou is an instant fan favourite and he banged in a hat-trick on his debut. Without his goals it would only have been 5-0 and he scored that all important third goal so I think we can all agree he is a very astute signing and definitely not completely unnecessary for this match.

I assume he will also be scoring three goals in every match from now on and the title is secure. Probably no point setting any more formations @Bakerman. Your assistant can take it from here with his favoured 3-5-2 formation ;)

eng Stephen
Head Admin
Registered2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
il Numpty >> tuesday november 7 - 10:20

A very interesting table at the half way stage.

Newcastle have underperformed most people's expectations and @Bakerman has done well to push Seaburn so close. Can he keep it up?

In my predictions competition it looks like I'm odds-on favourite to come last, lol. :)

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
fo BakerMan >> tuesday november 7 - 20:33

Think I'm going to have to beat Seaburn at home to make it close, and that doesn't feel likely...

fo BakerMan
User
Registered2013-04-05
eng Jaypridee Town
fr Blackwhite >> thursday november 9 - 14:57

I had given my confidence in Newcastle winning a title, given that they had a very good squad, even the best in this championship.

The very offensive compositions of this team are surely at the origin of this disappointment.

With the offensive reinforcement of Seaburn, the title will surely be played between him and Jaypridee Town

Good end of season to all

fr Blackwhite
Community admin
Registered2015-09-30
fr Les Licornes Blanches
eng Dragontao >> saturday november 11 - 22:43

The cat has been put firmly amongst the pigeons. It'll be an interesting title run in now.

eng Dragontao
User
Registered2013-09-07
eng Colchester City #2
eng Stephen >> sunday november 12 - 07:28

I'm feeling salty about the manner of defeat. 1-1 and then my GK is injured to be replaced by a far inferior player. Defeat ensues. About the only positive is that it was an extremely short injury.

Might have lost anyway, but hate it when it happens like this.

eng Stephen
Head Admin
Registered2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
fo BakerMan >> sunday november 12 - 21:38

Argh - its the hope that kills you! Now I have to worry about every game for the rest of the season!

fo BakerMan
User
Registered2013-04-05
eng Jaypridee Town
il Numpty >> monday november 13 - 18:48

To quote @Bakerman from the predictions thread. 

• "I'll be OK with 7th, happy with 5th, shocked by 3rd and flabbergasted by 2nd!"

No mention of coming first - was obviously expecting to win. :D

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
fo BakerMan >> monday november 13 - 19:30

ARGH - stop it!

fo BakerMan
User
Registered2013-04-05
eng Jaypridee Town
eng Lee >> monday november 13 - 22:42, Edited monday november 13 - 22:58

BakerMan - fortunately for you the Pixels did not offer up much resistance, with both full backs going so far as to inflict short-term injuries on themselves, just to make it that little bit easier.

My scum neighbours did you a favour too by holding Seaburn to a bore draw.

eng Lee
User
Registered2014-10-14
eng Canvey Pixels
fo BakerMan >> monday november 13 - 23:29

A match of many injuries! You managed to knock my goalkeeper out of the European tie tomorrow morning, so my 17 year old youth team goalie will be playing - it could get quite ugly!

fo BakerMan
User
Registered2013-04-05
eng Jaypridee Town
il Numpty >> tuesday november 14 - 01:34

Breaking news ... BakerMan to present Match of the day in his boxer shorts if they win the league.

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets