League of England season 53 [2]

Forum: League forum rss-feed

Discuss your league, who are the favorites to win the league this season? Who will be promoted/relegated, how are you doing in the cup?

Return to forum index

champions? (14)

eng Cloughie >> saturday january 24 - 22:17
Looks like the Geordies will be in the top flight next season, it look like no one would knock man city off the top spot but the finish line is in sight.
eng Cloughie
User
Registered2013-10-15
eng Robbing Hoodies
eng Dragontao >> saturday january 24 - 23:23
Tough play off battle for whoever ends up in the play of berths.

Teams in the top flight in the playoffs will be difficult to beat,l especially FC United, if their manager is bothering with the team.

Watford will be difficult if they don't overhaul Harlow to escape the play offs(they do have the better run in on paper now, but have a 4 point gap and big goal difference to make up), but they may need to get a quality keeper in quickly if they are in the play offs as that may be what has been their downfall this season.
eng Dragontao
User
Registered2013-09-07
eng Colchester City #2
eng coldstar >> sunday january 25 - 08:05
I am not happy with my performance against strong team recently. Always dominate the field but lose the game... don't want to blame the engine. However, the success of AV and Collie is a surprise to me as both of them are considered as aging teams.... one reason is the recent engine suddenly emphasizes the impact of tactics...
eng coldstar
User
Registered2013-06-02
eng Dragontao >> sunday january 25 - 08:17
I tipped AV to be strong at the start of the season, Natsumi said they were too old, but it's unrealistic that older players can't perform well if their stats are still good enough and tactics/advanced tactics are important.
eng Dragontao
User
Registered2013-09-07
eng Colchester City #2
eng Stephen >> sunday january 25 - 20:55
There's no problem with old players, as long as they're good. Old players who have high trainable skills, solid fixed stats and an appropriate level of tactics will do well. They will have a lot of positional experience by the time they are 25+.
So @dragontao is right, in my opinion!
eng Stephen
Head Admin
Registered2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
za Mister Buckley >> monday january 26 - 09:04
Thanks Tao... Once again pointing what I already knew when before the season started, my keeper... However a blessing in disguise, my No.2 shotstopper got much needed game time and will be perfect by next season and in time to compete with Colin Boyes who will be my No.1 I will be in the market for a Defender and young striker if anybody has a Defender for £4 mill midfield is sorted thou another Midfielder won't be bad, as for next season whoa I'm weighing up going stadium 7 to match my TC 9 I'll have tomorrow.
za Mister Buckley
Registered2013-06-11
eng Dragontao >> monday january 26 - 11:52
@Mister B: Once again pointing out what you already knew? I don't think I've mentioned your keeper before. I know you'd already mentioned it, I was discussing it in context of the chances of the promotion prospects of the teams in Div 2. As I said, I think you'd have a good chance of staying up, even if in the playoffs, but your keeper may be the decisive factor.

It wasn't intended to be a criticism of you or your team, as was indicated by the fact I said you'd be difficult for anyone in the playoffs.

Maybe you are a little sensitive about it though. ;-p
eng Dragontao
User
Registered2013-09-07
eng Colchester City #2
za Mister Buckley >> tuesday january 27 - 10:13
Actually nt,don't get so defensive. A lil comic humour mate
za Mister Buckley
Registered2013-06-11
eng Dragontao >> tuesday january 27 - 18:27
Natsumi right back in the hunt for a playoff spot, 4 teams looking for those final 2 places.
eng Dragontao
User
Registered2013-09-07
eng Colchester City #2
eng Deca >> wednesday january 28 - 18:41
Well done Newcastle winning the title and claiming direct promotion,

Well done to those teams in the play offs,

Commiserations to the teams relegated and good luck to all in the play offs

Cheers

Deca
eng Deca
User
Registered2013-08-31
eng Aston Villains
eng Cloughie >> wednesday january 28 - 20:50
Looking at fc united of Manchester I think we will all be fighting for second!
eng Cloughie
User
Registered2013-10-15
eng Robbing Hoodies
eng Dragontao >> wednesday january 28 - 21:06
Some said the same about Man City too. Never know with this match engine,
eng Dragontao
User
Registered2013-09-07
eng Colchester City #2
jp Natsumi >> wednesday january 28 - 22:52
they still need to loose there play off match fc united of manchester might just resist whoever they play and stay in the EPL
jp Natsumi
Registered2013-08-08
eng coldstar >> thursday january 29 - 03:21
In the play off, the strongest offense team AV will meet with the strongest defense team Winchester....an interesting game...
eng coldstar
User
Registered2013-06-02