League of England season 53 [2]

Forum: League forum rss-feed

Discuss your league, who are the favorites to win the league this season? Who will be promoted/relegated, how are you doing in the cup?

Return to forum index

Season 30 (15)

eng Matt Turner >> thursday march 30 - 18:57
New season, new game engine throwing up ridiculous results! Beaten 5-1 away from home and scored 2 own goals!! Think it'll be another long season again!
eng Matt Turner
User
Registered2013-08-02
eng heavens light
ru Максим >> saturday april 1 - 15:18
Do not be surprised. I would not use this player in the 2nd division. It's good that he scored only two)))
ru Максим
Registered2014-08-22
eng Matt Turner >> sunday april 2 - 10:14
And what makes you say that?
eng Matt Turner
User
Registered2013-08-02
eng heavens light
eng Stephen >> monday april 3 - 08:24
There's nothing wrong with him, except that him and his mate don't have correct. It's potentially worth adding it, even though he's 28. Realistically, you're going to end up replacing him soon.

The real problem, in my view, is that was an over-attacking formation on your part. Home advantage is huge, so you have to be way better than the opponent to try something like that away from home. If you can stop conceding goals, then you'll enjoy a lot more success in my experience.
eng Stephen
Head Admin
Registered2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
eng Matt Turner >> monday april 3 - 12:53
You say about not conceding more goals but the last few seasons its been the total opposite!! Ive had problems scoring but my defence has been pretty solid
eng Matt Turner
User
Registered2013-08-02
eng heavens light
eng Matt Turner >> monday april 3 - 12:56
And I agree with replacing him, but as always I ran out of cash as I had a 29 year old defender I couldn't shift until last minute
eng Matt Turner
User
Registered2013-08-02
eng heavens light
eng antboy18 >> tuesday april 4 - 14:26
If I remember correctly, one of the reasons you weren't getting goals last season was because your strikers weren't that good, but you've definitely improved them over the summer.

Radan is probably one of the best strikers in League 2 (in fact... he'd get into my team at the moment), and Obosian is much better than your second choice striker last year. Train him in long shots, and you'll be ok! You might also want to train a few midfielders as playmakers, to increase the number of chances your strikers get.

As for your defence, I agree with Stephen - there's nothing wrong with Zahed - it was just a bit unlucky. Correct/man marker might be useful skills to have, but he's good enough for League 2. You'll probably want to improve the rest of your defenders to be at least 9.5 stars though. Some of them will get better as they get older, but you might need to replace one or two.

Hope at least some of this is useful!
eng antboy18
User
Registered2014-01-02
eng Stephen >> tuesday april 4 - 14:51
It's hard to score goals in the game, so not letting them in is essential. I hear what you're saying about having trouble scoring, but that just emphasises my point, in my mind.

So, my approach has always been to train correct as quickly as possible. Obviously, I do that after training the other skills I want to avoid training time being wasted.
eng Stephen
Head Admin
Registered2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
eng Matt Turner >> tuesday april 4 - 19:48
I knew it wasn't going to be easy getting out of this league, its having the money for the players more than anything! What I don't understand is I've tweaked a defender and play him as defensive midfielder and at 30 he's in the form of his life!
What exactly does correct do as I've never used it!!
eng Matt Turner
User
Registered2013-08-02
eng heavens light
eng Deca >> tuesday april 4 - 21:46
Matt,

Correct lessons the risk of you getting Yellow cards when tackling

Cheers

Deca
eng Deca
User
Registered2013-08-31
eng Aston Villains
eng Matt Turner >> tuesday april 4 - 23:02
OK, thanks!! Don't stop the own goals tho!! Lol
eng Matt Turner
User
Registered2013-08-02
eng heavens light
eng Stephen >> wednesday april 5 - 06:22
No, nothing does that, sadly! Correct lessens the chance of a player getting cards. So, if it's on defenders, it lessens the chance of you giving away freekicks and penalties, because these tackles are almost always penalised with a yellow or red card. Your 5-1 defeat was a classic example of this .
eng Stephen
Head Admin
Registered2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
eng Matt Turner >> thursday april 6 - 09:44
My main concern is replacing my keeper. Hes pretty useful but is in his 30s. I know it won't be cheap!
eng Matt Turner
User
Registered2013-08-02
eng heavens light
eng antboy18 >> thursday april 6 - 14:01
I'm in the exact same position!
eng antboy18
User
Registered2014-01-02
eng Matt Turner >> sunday april 9 - 11:30
Well, so far the season is going ok! Front pairing scoring and one of my midfielders has had a few assists. Don't think I'll go all out in the cup as i don't have the strength in depth! Clear out of academy in transfer window! Should allow me to strengthen my defence slightly!
eng Matt Turner
User
Registered2013-08-02
eng heavens light