League of England season 55

Forum: League forum rss-feed

Discuss your league, who are the favorites to win the league this season? Who will be promoted/relegated, how are you doing in the cup?

Return to forum index

Season 47 (26)

eng Yid >> friday september 20 - 17:32

Woo Hoo. Less than 100 million to go before I can start building my 200k stadium. So hopefully end of this season or beginnng to middle of next. Can't wait it is so needed. 

eng Yid
User
Registered2014-06-23
eng Tottenham Hotspur FC
eng Cloughie >> saturday september 21 - 22:48

I love you Stephen... but I’m backing the second best team on the Trent over you- only kidding your comment genuinely made me laugh

On on another note I want to congratulate Candasxi as the strategy of buying older players in their prime is working! The rest of us have all been buying youngsters which are promising but never make the cut, so end up being a waste of money and effort. I wish I was less sentimental so The Hoodies could take the model onboard.

eng Cloughie
User
Registered2013-10-15
eng Robbing Hoodies
fo BakerMan >> sunday september 22 - 08:23

With Candas strategy my concern is does it work medium-long term? All depends on cash flow I guess.

Pretty happy with how my season is going - still holding in third, but still expecting to be overtaken by Nottingham Forest as they're rated near 2 points higher than my team. I'd be happy to hold off Oxford and Liverpool for 4th. Fairly certain this morning's result means I'm through to the knockout phase of European League - Seaburn third in their Champions League, so will drop into the European League knockout and Forest and Canda with good chance of progressing as well, so our European coefficient may have a very good season :)

Seaburn in next round of the cup for me, so that's the cup dream over for this year!

fo BakerMan
User
Registered2013-04-05
eng Jaypridee Town
eng Candas Djemal >> sunday september 22 - 08:43

CandasXI will change their strategy signing new players now. We have the base of the team ready, now it will be about hammering home the rest of our signings to be the best in the world. 

eng Candas Djemal
Registered2012-12-27
fo BakerMan >> sunday september 22 - 10:46

I think my trouble is that I'm incredibly lazy in the transfer market - only signed one player in the last few seasons and I sold him again after a year!

Tend to depend on just developing players from my YA - have a plan for replacing everyone currently in my first team with players in the U21s. It's been good enough to get me to the upper reaches of the premier league, but still haven't won anything and with 3 teams noticeably stronger I don't think that's likely to change...have reached the stage where getting the cash to upgrade meaningful facilities just isn't there, so maybe it's time to start dabbling in the market.

fo BakerMan
User
Registered2013-04-05
eng Jaypridee Town
eng Stephen >> tuesday october 1 - 09:09

Finally, the Beach’s run as Cup winner comes to an end. The fourth game in 21 hours was just a game too far. 

eng Stephen
Head Admin
Registered2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
eng Stephen >> sunday october 6 - 18:31

No Cup and no League this season after this latest setback:

https://rockingsoccer.com/en/soccer/info/match-16662663

Gah.

eng Stephen
Head Admin
Registered2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
fo BakerMan >> wednesday october 9 - 21:53

Well the finale of the battle everyone is talking about - who will finish 3rd?

Winner takes all clash between Deeprijay Town and Nottingham Forest, with a draw giving Liverpool the chance to leapfrog both. Who will win, who will lose, who will care?

We've all qualified for the European League anyway - would be nice to top 80 points though. Been my normal season of the past 6 or 7 - no sign of a trophy, European football at the end. My potential team in about 7-8 years looks really good - probably have to do something with the current bunch to make a step forward in the meantime.

fo BakerMan
User
Registered2013-04-05
eng Jaypridee Town
eng Dragontao >> saturday october 12 - 07:17

It has been a long time coming, but upgrade works have finally started on level 11 stadium.

Only 122 days to go. (should have doubled up on construction master maybe).

eng Dragontao
User
Registered2013-09-07
eng Colchester City #2
fo BakerMan >> sunday october 13 - 10:52

Decent season, 3rd in league, qualified from groups in European League, traditional loss to Seaburn Beach in the cups. Spending a bit of cash in the transfer market and hopefully recouping the same with sales then concentrating on getting those youth players ready for the first team in the next season or two (or three). Hopefully close the gap to the top 2 next year and who knows, maybe even win something!

fo BakerMan
User
Registered2013-04-05
eng Jaypridee Town