League of England season 56

Forum: League forum rss-feed

Discuss your league, who are the favorites to win the league this season? Who will be promoted/relegated, how are you doing in the cup?

Return to forum index

Season 79 (71)

eng Stephen >> friday april 19 - 05:47, Edited friday april 19 - 10:02

Wow, that is a bad result. Just had a very quick look at his team and it does seem unlikely that he should be able to inflict such a crushing defeat on your team.  Maybe he has a slightly stronger defence than you, but a lot of your players seem quite evenly matched on the face of it?

eng Stephen
Head Admin
Registered2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
il Numpty >> friday april 19 - 09:12, Edited friday april 19 - 09:20

The way Liverpool City is playing makes absolutely no sense.

On the one hand he keeps the account active by logging in and is still building museum levels. 

But if you're going to languish in Div 4 and not spend any money on players then he should at least be making a large profit every season. But I don't think that he can be doing much more than breaking even. 

Most of the staff have left and not been replaced. Home matches have dropped to around 80% capacity and he's paying for FA4/YA5 and then not selling any of them - and not even promoting them into the squad. He may even be making a small loss every season. 

A long while back they were the richest club in our league by a big margin, with an estimated £10 billion when the total funds were around £30 billion. He's probably still got around the same amount as he had 3 years ago.

Utterly pointless.

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
fo BakerMan >> friday april 19 - 19:38, Edited friday april 19 - 19:40

Yeah - even played Settle for Draw and a bit defensive! GK and whole defence had a bad day!

Probably got knackered being useless in my match an hour earlier against your boys Stephen!

Not a great day...

fo BakerMan
User
Registered2013-04-05
eng Jaypridee Town
fo BakerMan >> saturday april 20 - 20:18

Bit of a shocker for the Monks - I was pretty certain they only had to worry about Seaburn on the run in.

I've got 2 or 3 tricky away games coming up, so still hoping Stephen's boys can do me a favour...

fo BakerMan
User
Registered2013-04-05
eng Jaypridee Town
eng Stephen >> sunday april 21 - 09:31, Edited sunday april 21 - 09:33

That is a surprise result, especially with all those goals! Will there be more twists and turns or can Jaypridee Town just get it done from here?

Meanwhile, Seaburn are out of the Cup in a shock home reverse. The scout never saw it coming and it'll mean a trophyless season for the Beach. Unless you count the U21 Cup, which, as you can probably tell I'm not especially invested in.

(Malepa will not retire until after Daoists match in order to ensure fairness as he was in the lineup against @Bakerman's side.)

eng Stephen
Head Admin
Registered2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
eng Lee >> sunday april 21 - 12:11

An inspired counter-attacking display has powered the Pixels to the cup final, where the Monks await.

Will spiritual power or individual belief prevail? I've no idea, I'm just rambling now, but one thing I am certain of is the team with the most goals will win.

eng Lee
User
Registered2014-10-14
eng Canvey Pixels
ca Alex Seymour >> sunday april 21 - 20:21

Blimey, well done Lee!

ca Alex Seymour
User
Registered2013-12-02
ca Hamilton FC
il Numpty >> monday april 22 - 08:14

I didn't see that coming @Lee.

*Shocked*

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
eng Lee >> monday april 22 - 17:26

Not as shocked as I was, especially after going 1:0 down and losing my best forward.

Stephen did have a couple of U21 players in the team, and only used Malepa in the 2nd half, so I guess my boys took that as an insult and got fired up.

Now, if Monk can rest some players and focus on the league, that would make the final much easier for me.

eng Lee
User
Registered2014-10-14
eng Canvey Pixels
ca Alex Seymour >> monday april 22 - 21:04

Canvey Pixels are like Coventry City without VAR

ca Alex Seymour
User
Registered2013-12-02
ca Hamilton FC
eng Stephen >> wednesday april 24 - 10:43

811 games, 579 clean sheets. Thanks for the memories Ndale Malepa!

Signs off with a 1-1 against the Abbot's lads. Advantage @Bakerman? That run in though... Some tough matches there so @Monk still has hope of some dropped points along the way.

eng Stephen
Head Admin
Registered2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
fo BakerMan >> thursday april 25 - 18:31, Edited thursday april 25 - 19:28

After today's result for the Monks as well...

Away to the teams in 4th,5th and 9th at home to the teams in 7th and 11th...

I can afford 1 draw and 1 defeat...could easily lose 2 of those

fo BakerMan
User
Registered2013-04-05
eng Jaypridee Town
eng Stephen >> thursday april 25 - 20:19

Monk looks like he's been attending managerial master classes run by Juergen Klopp. That's quite the drop off in form. Like you say though, could still end up being a classic finish due to that fixture computer.

eng Stephen
Head Admin
Registered2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
ca Alex Seymour >> thursday april 25 - 21:15, Edited thursday april 25 - 21:17

Guys, I realise that I played my elderly keeper Noah Furis in my match against the Monks at the beginning of the season. I was away and the assistant manager picked the team.

Is it fair that I should play him in the game against Jaypridee to even it out or should I just let it go?

I'm happy to set the team up exactly as the Monks game (same lineup and weird player positions)

Advice please!

ca Alex Seymour
User
Registered2013-12-02
ca Hamilton FC