League of England season 56

Forum: League forum rss-feed

Discuss your league, who are the favorites to win the league this season? Who will be promoted/relegated, how are you doing in the cup?

Return to forum index

Season 41 (89)

eng Stephen >> friday november 30 - 11:39

Thanks for the kind messages. It seems that after the longest Cup final in history (about 12 hours), Seaburn Beach have emerged as 2-1 winners. Commiserations to the Juggers who took the lead, but I think on the balance of play it was just about deserved.

Just three more matches to negotiate to complete the first unbeaten season since season 32 when Liverpool City (who else?) last did it. One of these matches should now be finished, but with the current server problems, I might find out the result by the time I go to bed...

eng Stephen
Head Admin
Registered2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
eng Lee >> friday november 30 - 14:22

Not to ruin the surprise but you took all 3 points - wasn't even close.

eng Lee
User
Registered2014-10-14
eng Canvey Pixels
eng Lee >> saturday december 1 - 15:26

The title race might have been as exciting as watching paint dry (unless you are associated with Seaburn Beach) but spare a thought for those teams embroiled in an enthralling relegation battle that's going down to the final game.

Catch all the action live on Sky Sports 1, BT Sport 1, and for the Canvey Island game, tune to Channel 5.

eng Lee
User
Registered2014-10-14
eng Canvey Pixels
eng Stephen >> saturday december 1 - 17:33

Stephen threatened to spontaneously combust on the touchline as his side struggled to find the net against matchfixing’s Cardiff City and preserve the Beach’s unbeaten run. “Anyone but those cheating *%#{*+¥!, anyone but them” he could be heard chuntering over and over again. Eventually, Amray Alloul came on and rescued a point.

Just one more game to get through for the unbeaten season. Stephen may be unable to attend due to cardiac problems...

eng Stephen
Head Admin
Registered2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
eng Lee >> sunday december 2 - 14:21

Hurrah - 2 more games to play! Hopefully my results will be better against a division 2 side.

eng Lee
User
Registered2014-10-14
eng Canvey Pixels
eng Stephen >> sunday december 2 - 17:25

Get in!! Done it. The Seaburn Beach Invincibles of season 41. This is even more pleasing than winning the League was.

eng Stephen
Head Admin
Registered2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
eng Dragontao >> sunday december 2 - 20:20

A superb achievement at this level. Congratulations.

eng Dragontao
User
Registered2013-09-07
eng Colchester City #2
eng antboy18 >> sunday december 2 - 20:49

Congratulations Stephen!

I'm just happy that after a rough first half of the season, I've managed to finish outside the bottom 3!

eng antboy18
User
Registered2014-01-02
fo BakerMan >> sunday december 2 - 21:31

Well done Stephen - not a clue how the rest of us are going to close the gap next year unless someone is planning to spend serious money!

I solidify my claim to be the best team that has never won a thing. Another hmmm season - semi-final of the cup, 3rd in the league - close enough to dream without actually seriously threatening to win. Now on to another disastrous Eurpoean campaign...

fo BakerMan
User
Registered2013-04-05
eng Jaypridee Town
ca denisgrad >> sunday december 2 - 23:12

Bakerman you already got into the Group Stages so its already not disastorous lmao. Me on other hand... Lets hope I get into playoffs.

ca denisgrad
Registered2013-04-22
eng Dragontao >> sunday december 2 - 23:43

Well my team were their usual lurching from disaster to safety and will be the same next season.

After an absolutely disastrous start a sort of recovery but only 4 or 5 teams scored less than my lot and only 8 conceded more. So it doesn't bode well for next season.

Not a huge amound of money to spend and still no idea how I'm getting the money to build that next level stadium to try and push on to the next level.

eng Dragontao
User
Registered2013-09-07
eng Colchester City #2
jp Natsumi >> monday december 3 - 10:45

Another season goes by and midseason obsecurity secured, a terrible cup run and a half decent youth cup run's were the only highlights of another wise medicore season, spirit squad are at that place where the aging team and in all fairness there strongest team just isn't good enough to push into europe, safety was secured atleast but there final five games lackluster performances really appeared like a team that had nothing to play for, the 0-0 draw away at FC baltica looked more like a friendly then a league game with niether side interested in taking a risk or pushing for a win. 7th place for the second season running, but worryingly far less goals scored.  

Manageress Natsumi stated, she want's to sell one of her star players, to raise revenue for faciltiity building, but refuses to sell the best midfielder in the league for 3 years running for anything other then 100million more then his current market value 'If Tompaz goes it has to be a high price your not just getting a left midfielder your getting the no 1 assister in the league at this stage' 

In a message to the fan's she  had this to say 'We not sure if we'll make the sales we wish to make this season, or if we'll find the money for continued development, but if we do manage this you should be warned, we may not have a sucessful season, new facilities is a long term goal to try and make our club more competitive, it may be hinderance in the short term'

jp Natsumi
Registered2013-08-08
eng Lee >> saturday december 8 - 18:53

It's a sad day for Canvey football, with both teams being relegated but as Dame Vera Lynn said, "we'll meet again....".

eng Lee
User
Registered2014-10-14
eng Canvey Pixels
eng Stephen >> sunday december 9 - 07:54

It’s bad news for the game in Canvey, that’s for sure. Hopefully you can both bounce back.

eng Stephen
Head Admin
Registered2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach