League of England season 58

Forum: League forum rss-feed

Discuss your league, who are the favorites to win the league this season? Who will be promoted/relegated, how are you doing in the cup?

Return to forum index

Season 59 (65)

eng Yid >> wednesday june 16 - 15:19

Really not sure what's happend to my team. 12 games ago all was looking quite good, 9th in the table, 10 or so points clear of the bottom 3 with improving young players. I thought my team was actually starting to become decent again. Now those 12 games later, 1 win, 2 draws and 9 defeats and relegation is a real threat as i now only sit 3 points off the bottom 3. I just don't understand how my form can disintegrate so much so quickly. I think i have a reasnable keeper, a reasnable defense a good midfield and 2 good young forwards so why is it going so wrong suddenly when i thought my team was on the up. 

eng Yid
User
Registered2014-06-23
eng Tottenham Hotspur FC
ca Alex Seymour >> wednesday june 16 - 17:44

Sounds like a motivational chat in the dressing room is needed.

ca Alex Seymour
User
Registered2013-12-02
ca Hamilton FC
eng Yid >> wednesday june 16 - 20:28

If only it was that easy lol. 

eng Yid
User
Registered2014-06-23
eng Tottenham Hotspur FC
eng Lee >> wednesday june 16 - 20:42

There are 9 teams trying to avoid finishing 3rd from bottom........a few nervous moments to come over the final games.

eng Lee
User
Registered2014-10-14
eng Canvey Pixels
eng Yid >> wednesday june 16 - 22:14

Yep squeaky bum time. 

eng Yid
User
Registered2014-06-23
eng Tottenham Hotspur FC
eng Lee >> friday june 18 - 21:09

In the remaining games I have to play 4 of the top 5 clubs, so I'm hoping to pick up points against Premier, Tottenham, and my Canvey rivals.

eng Lee
User
Registered2014-10-14
eng Canvey Pixels
fo BakerMan >> saturday june 19 - 18:46, Edited saturday june 19 - 18:50

Well - interesting season with close battles everywhere. The fight to avoid the last relegation playoff place is ridiculously close and seems to involve half the league, the fight for the final European place is tight, the fight for 3rd is tight and there's even a fight for the title. Collectively we've had our best European season for a long time and should move into the top 10 in the rankings and maybe towards another European place for our league in the next season or two.

In the league for me the trouble is I can't see where Seaburn are going to drop points in their final fixtures and I don't think I'll make up a goal difference gap of 30. Plus I can see at least 2 or 3 tricky fixtures where I could easily drop points. I could potentially top 100 points, go unbeaten and still finish 2nd. I could equally easily drop 8 or 9 points in the next 6 games and Seaburn will cruise to another title. Either way my only hope is to spread rumours about Addo's gambling habit and the suggestion he's mister big in an illegal badger-fighting ring...

fo BakerMan
User
Registered2013-04-05
eng Jaypridee Town
eng Stephen >> saturday june 19 - 22:03

That's Doctor Big to you, Bakerman. Addo didn't spend 6 years doing that badger baiting thesis to be called 'Mr', believe you me.

A bit of a scare today for the Beach. 0-0 at halftime, after the Hoodies squandered a penalty. Then a second half brace from substitute Shyamsundar and a couple from Addo had the game all sewn up. There was still time in between that carnage for Hoodies to miss another penalty. For a defence that has only let in 11 goals I have to say they've conceded a boatload of penalties this season.

eng Stephen
Head Admin
Registered2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
eng Lee >> sunday june 20 - 01:25

The Pixels lead the league in own goals (6)....is there a prize for that?!

eng Lee
User
Registered2014-10-14
eng Canvey Pixels
eng Stephen >> sunday june 20 - 09:09

Yes @Lee. The much-coveted Richard Dunne Trophy. Normally hoisted aloft at the end of each season by Dragontao, it'd be a real coup to steal it away from under his nose

eng Stephen
Head Admin
Registered2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
eng Yid >> sunday june 20 - 13:43

Wow, what a difference 3 games and 7 points can make. Not counting my chickens yet obviously, but I think 36 points might just be enough. Hopefully 1 more win at least in my remaining games will make my stay at this level certain for at least one more season. 

eng Yid
User
Registered2014-06-23
eng Tottenham Hotspur FC
fo BakerMan >> wednesday june 23 - 15:00

2 games to go, just hit 100 points - all I need is 2 more wins and Seaburn to drop some points (or a 30 goal switch in goal difference).

Come on Mostly unmanaged, We Lost and Canvey Pixels - you can beat Seaburn!

fo BakerMan
User
Registered2013-04-05
eng Jaypridee Town
eng Stephen >> wednesday june 23 - 19:01

Well that was butt-clenchingly tight against Dragontao's mob. Both my GKs have clearly accepted payments from some overseas bookmakers to throw the title. Mishaxhi concedes a penalty that he then goes on to save, while Flemmings goes walkabout while an opposing midfielder bangs in a long-range shot.

I have a sinking feeling that the last match of the season will involve a giant kick in the crotch to Seaburn.

eng Stephen
Head Admin
Registered2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
eng Lee >> thursday june 24 - 00:14

Oh Stephen - Lady Luck could well be planning to kick you in the nuts! Last game of the season, in the summer, on a Friday night, away at an Essex seaside town.......your boys could be in for a bit of bovver both on and off the pitch.

Or, I'm just full of hot air and you give me the usual spanking! As long as it's a full house I'm happy.

eng Lee
User
Registered2014-10-14
eng Canvey Pixels
my nivsek >> thursday june 24 - 10:31

You can't rely on me Baker, you're just going to have to score those 30 goals.

my nivsek
User
Registered2013-08-08
eng We Lost