League of England season 58

Forum: League forum rss-feed

Discuss your league, who are the favorites to win the league this season? Who will be promoted/relegated, how are you doing in the cup?

Return to forum index

Season 36 (66)

eng antboy18 >> thursday march 8 - 20:08

Good luck Samuel!

eng antboy18
User
Registered2014-01-02
eng Stephen >> thursday march 8 - 21:39

**Press release**

To mark the 501st appearance of legendary defender Nigel Whitefoot, Seaburn Beach has announced a special one match commercial partnership with Levi jeans. Limited edition pairs of ‘Whitefoot’ jeans will be sold at a discount to all ticket holders. Nigel Whitefoot will also play the match against London Galaxy in a pair of the jeans. He will then sign them and auction them for charity.

A club statement said: “We are proud to announce this unique tie up with one of the leading brands in the world. Nigel Whitefoot has been a consistently reliable performer for club and country and he has many of the hallmarks associated with a great pair of jeans: style, durability, reliability and tactical nous. Well, maybe not that last one.”

eng Stephen
Head Admin
Registered2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
eng Dragontao >> friday march 9 - 10:34

Good luck Samuel, you may have better luck with an all English team starting from the ground up.

eng Dragontao
User
Registered2013-09-07
eng Colchester City #2
eng Samuel >> saturday march 10 - 13:05

Thank you all.

It will be a struggle but it will also be more rewarding.

Hopefully will make it all the way to league one. I would like another all English team in League one but for now I will have to buy and sell anyone to make enough money for facilities.

I will be looking for my first promotion next season.

eng Samuel
Registered2016-10-30
ro Andrei >> saturday march 10 - 18:53, Edited saturday march 10 - 18:54
Good luck.

For the first time since starting with the team (I hope I'm not wrong), I am fielding tonight an all-English starting 11 in a league game, due to the main striker being injured. So hope you can get there soon too. :)
ro Andrei
Registered2014-08-30
eng Stephen >> monday march 12 - 21:20

Whoa, it's tight at the bottom. 8th to 18th place covered by only 9 points? I know there's only 15 points left to play for, but the bottom places are so close. Good luck to those in the scrap!

eng Stephen
Head Admin
Registered2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
eng antboy18 >> monday march 12 - 22:43

I don't know about the rest of the managers in those places, but I'm scared!

eng antboy18
User
Registered2014-01-02
eng Dragontao >> monday march 12 - 23:30, Edited tuesday march 13 - 08:09

I could still get dragged into that bottom three, no wins in 8 now. Aother defeat looming tomorrow.

Edit: 9 without a win and another defeat tomorrow pretty much guaranteed to make it 10. Potentially just three or four points off the bottom 3 when mid table safety looked on until the ME decided to turn on me in some style (and finally destroy my fluctuating interest in the process).

C'est la vie.

eng Dragontao
User
Registered2013-09-07
eng Colchester City #2
ro Andrei >> tuesday march 13 - 19:32
**Press Release**

An all-out war is developing down in Kent. The village of Aylesford has found a foreign investor that is ready to sponsor the capacity increase of Alliteration Arena and reimburse any house owners in the vicinity of the stadium that might be affected by the construction. The fans in Aylesford are requesting the team to return home from Maidstone, because Aylesford is where the team had started and it belongs there. However, the fans from Maidstone are being quite adamant to state that the team belongs now to their town.

All sorts of insults have been traded by the two parties, with the team being caught in the middle. In an interview, the club chairman said he is unsure what to do next. "Both parties are right in their points of view. I don't really where the next season will find us. I really hope I don't have to flip a coin to make the decision. I will probably have to make an inquiry with the staff and players. Probably the best way to deal with this."

Meanwhile, social media is filled with such pleasant names like Aylesford Arsewipes and Maidstone Morons. This reporter does hope the fans chill out before it turns into a street brawl at the team's next home game against United AS. That wouldn't do the team any good, that is for sure. Especially now when the team is involved in the fight for the playoff spots.
ro Andrei
Registered2014-08-30
eng Stephen >> wednesday march 14 - 07:32

Emotional scenes at Hamlin Lane as Seaburn Beach ended their 31 season wait for a major trophy. Stephen was unavailable for interview as he sat quietly sobbing in a toilet cubicle in the dressing room, insisting that he had some dust in his eyes.

eng Stephen
Head Admin
Registered2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
ca denisgrad >> wednesday march 14 - 16:38

Your team's first ever major trophy. Congratulations Stephen. 

ca denisgrad
Registered2013-04-22
eng Kezza >> wednesday march 14 - 18:42

Congrats Vader laughing

eng Kezza
Registered2013-02-07
ro Andrei >> wednesday march 14 - 19:08
Major congrats to you, Stephen!
ro Andrei
Registered2014-08-30
eng Stephen >> wednesday march 14 - 19:41

Thanks all. Hope it's not 31 more seasons before the next one!

eng Stephen
Head Admin
Registered2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
eng Dragontao >> wednesday march 14 - 23:01

Well done Stephen. The ME clearly thought you'd had enough love today. Not quite sure how I won. It wasn't through my doing. I'm clueless.

eng Dragontao
User
Registered2013-09-07
eng Colchester City #2