League of England season 58

Forum: League forum rss-feed

Discuss your league, who are the favorites to win the league this season? Who will be promoted/relegated, how are you doing in the cup?

Return to forum index

Season 61 (60)

fo BakerMan >> thursday september 30 - 20:43

Seriously unlucky for Cardiff - they went up 0-1, used 3 subs at half time, player injured just after half time to go down to 10 men, scored again to go 0-2, came back to 1-2, we have an injury, but have a sub spare, they get another injury in 82nd minute and go down to 9, we equalise on 90 minutes and score the winner in the 92nd minute with the last kick of the game.

I think its time for Seaburn to start chilling the championship champagne...

fo BakerMan
User
Registered2013-04-05
eng Jaypridee Town
fo BakerMan >> thursday september 30 - 20:47

@Stephen - if your love could stretch to putting out the reserves for the cup final that would be appreciated!

fo BakerMan
User
Registered2013-04-05
eng Jaypridee Town
fo BakerMan >> monday october 4 - 21:06

Well a predictable defeat in the cup final (5-2 with an Addo hatrick) - my 6th, to go with 8 defeats in the youth cup final and 8 second places in the league - brings down the curtain on another fairly predictable season. Probably finish 4th in the league, which suits me as I'll get some cash from qualifying rounds for European League, a couple of sales in the off season, a load of loans out and I'll be slightly better next season, though of course not good enough to actually win something. I think this makes 25 consecutive seasons of European football - do I get a gold watch for this?

fo BakerMan
User
Registered2013-04-05
eng Jaypridee Town
eng Lee >> monday october 4 - 21:51

BakerMan - the old saying of, 'always the bridesmaid....' comes to mind. You must hate Seaburn! :)

eng Lee
User
Registered2014-10-14
eng Canvey Pixels
fo BakerMan >> tuesday october 5 - 19:04, Edited tuesday october 5 - 19:05

Hate is a strong word - continual knawing frustration drawn out over many many long seasons is more accurate.

I hate Addo though.

My own fault for being far too lazy to play the transfer market - haven't bought anyone for over 7 seasons and I was rubbish at buying even when I did.

fo BakerMan
User
Registered2013-04-05
eng Jaypridee Town
eng Stephen >> tuesday october 5 - 22:16

Sorry @Bakerman. I do feel some remorse for these defeats, though not enough to just stand aside. I imagine you wouldn't want to win like that anyway?

I have to say I love Addo. If I wasn't already married and he wasn't fictional, I'd have popped the question for sure. But this might be the last season of Addo. On the one hand, I'd like to get him past 700 club goals for Seaburn and there's two games left for him to score the 12 (I think) he needs for that. Even for Addo a bridge too far. On the other, I'd also like to get a wad of cash into the club.

As my most recent club accountant said just before he shot himself, "For the love of god you have to stop losing this much money every week."

Not sure what I'll decide yet, but Seaburn is hiring accountants again if anyone knows any.

eng Stephen
Head Admin
Registered2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
fo BakerMan >> wednesday october 6 - 06:24

@Stephen - I think you mistake me for someone with integrity. I would absolutely take victory in any way at all!

fo BakerMan
User
Registered2013-04-05
eng Jaypridee Town
fo BakerMan >> wednesday october 6 - 17:36

Last German team out of Europe and our rating stays ahead - another European place coming our way for season 63.

fo BakerMan
User
Registered2013-04-05
eng Jaypridee Town
fo BakerMan >> wednesday october 6 - 20:43

Well, congrats to Stephen for a clean sweep of domestic trophies this season - 3 chasers at least in sight this season, so maybe we can close the gap.

Now can you please repeat this in Europe - it's been so long since we had a European trophy winner!

fo BakerMan
User
Registered2013-04-05
eng Jaypridee Town
eng Stephen >> wednesday october 6 - 21:07, Edited wednesday october 6 - 21:09

I'm trying! Two consecutive QFs in the CL, both times losing to the eventual tournament winners. If I go 'all in' to do it, it's guaranteed bankruptcy for me. I'm trying to do continual maintenance to the side so it's always competitive. I might do some more tinkering to see if I can tweak a player or two here and there.

But great work everyone on the coefficient. One more season like this and we could perhaps even be close to nabbing another slot on top of that. If teams keep improving and getting more competitive in England, then it should make us harder to beat in European competition.

eng Stephen
Head Admin
Registered2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
il Numpty >> thursday october 7 - 09:43

"If I go 'all in' to do it, it's guaranteed bankruptcy for me. I'm trying to do continual maintenance to the side so it's always competitive."

I "agree" with this approach. The alternative is to build in waves where the team strength rises to a peak and then falls when you have to recover the bank balance and  then rebuild the squad. 

But for me one off achievements from over-committing is hardly success if it's not maintainable. Consistency is much better.

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
eng Lee >> thursday october 7 - 21:09

I'm going to blow my own horn (giggle, giggle): my highest league finish, plus a friendly cup win.....not too shabby.

eng Lee
User
Registered2014-10-14
eng Canvey Pixels
il Numpty >> friday october 8 - 11:59

Congrats Lee.

I just hope you weren't sharing a lift when you let rip.

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
fr Blackwhite >> sunday october 10 - 17:07

General assessment of this Season:

Podium:

==> 1st : Seaburn Beach  (103 points)

==> 2nd : Cardiff City FC (95 points)

==> 3rd : Melchester Rovers (95 points)

PlayOffs for relegation:

• 18th: Winchester
  • 19th: We Lost

Direct relegation:

• 20th: Norwich FC

Direct Promotion Division 2 to Division 1:

• Fuschia FC

PlayOffs for Promotion :

• Birmingham Hunter
  • Astons Villains
  • Heath Hornets
  • Arsenal Football Club

England Cup winner:

• Seaburn Beach

England Under-21s Cup winner:

• Seaburn Beach

Champions League next season:

• Seaburn Beach (Group stage)
  • Cardiff City FC  (Qualifying round 3)

European League:

• Melchester Rovers (Group stage)
  • Jaypridee Town (Qualifying Round 1)
  • Mostly unmanaget (Qualifying round 1)

U21 Champions Cup:

• Seaburn Beach
  • Cardiff City FC

League 1

Goal  Scorers

• Kouyaté Addo (Seaburn Beach): 79 goals
  • Warren Lake (Les Gothiques Amiénois) : 63 goals
  • Bing-de Ang (Jaypridee Town): 52 goals

Assist :

• Leo Tabuyo (Seaburn Beach) : 41 assists
  • Dila Ohayon (Canvey Island) : 37 assists
  • Wei-quo Moruo (Canvey Pixels) : 34 assists

Clean seets (Keepers) :

• Rowan Wiant (Cardiff City FC) : 19 Clean sheets
  • Tyler Barbour (Jaypridee Town) : 18 Clean sheets
  • Antoni Celaj (Melchester Rovers) : 17 Clean sheets

Best Atacks:

• Seaburn Beach : 154 goals scored
  • Cardiff City : 108 goals scored
  • Jaypridee Town : 103 goals scored

Best Defenses:

• Seaburn Beach : 25 goals conceded
  • Cardiff City : 29 goals conceded
  • Melchester Rovers: 31 goals conceded
fr Blackwhite
Community admin
Registered2015-09-30
fr Les Licornes Blanches
fo BakerMan >> sunday october 10 - 22:42

All change for me as the Americans have sold up and the new owners have moved the team back to its original home of Birmingham. New kits and new club badge to keep the cash tills in the club shop ringing - will this relocation bring silverwear?

(Answer - probably not for a few more seasons at least)

fo BakerMan
User
Registered2013-04-05
eng Jaypridee Town