League of England season 58

Forum: League forum rss-feed

Discuss your league, who are the favorites to win the league this season? Who will be promoted/relegated, how are you doing in the cup?

Return to forum index

Season 39 (114)

eng Stephen >> thursday august 16 - 21:00

Ah, I see. In hindsight, that might have been better, but not making improvements to your side may have seen you drop well down the table. Look at Red City Juggers - up at the top last time out and down near the bottom this time round. In the longer term, I'm sure he'll get back up the top again but it's hard to redevelop and remain competitive.

That drop of one level on all facilities is a killer in terms of both cost and time to restore them.

eng Stephen
Head Admin
Registered2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
eng Stephen >> friday august 17 - 12:58

Emotional scenes as the Beach secured a second major trophy in the shape of the season 39 Cup. Interviewed afterwards, Stephen paid tribute to fellow manager Dragontao for managing to knock gazillion-time winners Liverpool City out in an earlier round.

”This is for him as much as us. We owe his side a debt of gratitude,” said Stephen. “He’s welcome to come round and look at the trophy any time he likes just so long as the museum is open and he buys a ticket.”

eng Stephen
Head Admin
Registered2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
eng Dragontao >> friday august 17 - 14:16

lol

eng Dragontao
User
Registered2013-09-07
eng Colchester City #2
ca denisgrad >> friday august 17 - 16:45

Chelsea 88's After Match Press Conference:

Q: What didnt go to plan in your loss today?

A: Actually, everything went to plan. We lost.

Q: Are you happy with any of the player's performances? 

A: Yeah, Deji Emana was unstoppable and Arata Matsuki was a rock in defense. Too bad they are not players of my team.

Q: Are there any positives to you after tonight?

A: Sure there are. We got into the final, and we lost but at least it wasnt to Liverpool City. They already have enough silverware. Good luck to Seaburn Beach in the league hopefully they win it as well. As for my team. I hope Nathan Allender finally puts his scoring boots back on, this ghost has not scored in 8 games in a row!

ca denisgrad
Registered2013-04-22
eng antboy18 >> friday august 17 - 21:57

Looks like I've managed to secure a top half finish and another season in the top flight with a few games to go.

I'm genuinely surprised with how well the season went, after I sold a few key defensive players, whilst my strikers aren't getting any younger, but I'll certainly take it.

Good luck to everyone involved in promotion/relegation battles!

eng antboy18
User
Registered2014-01-02
ro Andrei >> sunday august 19 - 10:31
Title clinched. Leaving a new trophy in the cabinet for the boys.
ro Andrei
Registered2014-08-30
eng antboy18 >> sunday august 19 - 11:48

Give division 3 a try!

eng antboy18
User
Registered2014-01-02
ro Andrei >> sunday august 19 - 13:05
It would be nice, but I already said I'm leaving. I'd just look not terribly serious if I said one thing and did another.
ro Andrei
Registered2014-08-30
ca denisgrad >> sunday august 19 - 17:52, Edited sunday august 19 - 17:54

Oh s**t I think I gave gway my chance for playoffs cos I forgot to set a line up today *facepalm* 

Edit: My Romanian bro. I said I would quit this game about 5 times just playing for this team. But look at me I'm still here and I don't care how it looked. This game is very frustrating at times but you gotta just keep going at it. If you leave you might actually be taking a step back. 

ca denisgrad
Registered2013-04-22
ro Andrei >> sunday august 19 - 18:24
Guess I'll just kick myself then, if it turns out to be a step back.
ro Andrei
Registered2014-08-30
eng Stephen >> sunday august 19 - 19:03

Dragontao has quit 1,378,426,888 times at least. He's still here and we'd all miss him if he went.

This forum has decided. You are staying @Andrei and continuing the road to League 1! Do not cross us :)

eng Stephen
Head Admin
Registered2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
ro Andrei >> sunday august 19 - 19:06, Edited sunday august 19 - 19:06
Buy me VIP 3 for the next 5 years and I'll just create a second team, without leaving Albion. :p

I'm just kidding, don't do that.

Besides, I'm leaving England, not the game. Not even leaving Europe, for that matter.
ro Andrei
Registered2014-08-30
eng Dragontao >> sunday august 19 - 19:31

Haha Stephen (have you included this season's number in that total?). tongue-out

eng Dragontao
User
Registered2013-09-07
eng Colchester City #2
eng Stephen >> sunday august 19 - 19:42

*checks numbers* No, I made a mistake. That’s just the total from this season wink

Well, that’s me finished in second and straight into the CL group stages, barring a defeat tomorrow, two wins from Deeprijay Town and a 12 goal swing in goal difference. Winning the Cup counts as a real success, but Lord knows how I’m ever going to bridge the gap to Liverpool City. Even now he’s sold pretty much everyone, he’s still win the title with plenty to spare...

eng Stephen
Head Admin
Registered2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
ro Andrei >> sunday august 19 - 19:55
LOL You guys ... :)
ro Andrei
Registered2014-08-30