League of England season 58

Forum: League forum rss-feed

Discuss your league, who are the favorites to win the league this season? Who will be promoted/relegated, how are you doing in the cup?

Return to forum index

Season 62 (100)

eng Stephen >> friday december 3 - 15:16

England into the final. Defeat on pens incoming?

In Seaburn news, club legend Naaaa, na, na, na-na-na-naaaaa, na-na-na-naaaaaa Addo has left the building. His reign of terror is over. Addo, we at the Beach salute you and wish you the very best in your new Vietnamese adventure.

eng Stephen
Head Admin
Registered2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
ca Alex Seymour >> saturday december 4 - 00:39

Congrats Steven. But we've seen it all before. They just know, they're so sure. That England's gonna throw it way, gonna blow it away....

As for Canvey's draw in the Euro's it's mixed feelings. Our shirt sponsor 'Canvey Kebab House' is entirely run by Greeks, so there will be no tears shed if we go out. The other half of Canvey will be celebrating that fact too. There will be a party on the Island if we win and a party if we lose.

ca Alex Seymour
User
Registered2013-12-02
ca Hamilton FC
il Numpty >> saturday december 4 - 12:42

Best wishes in the final. 

Looking at the available players I would give England the edge, as they are stronger where it matters most. 

Should be a close game though. 

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
fo BakerMan >> saturday december 4 - 13:19

Well, goodbye season 62, you were OK I guess. 95 points, 2nd in the league, semi-final of the cup, semi-final of the youth cup, round of 16 in Europe. Need to get some sales done this off season so I don't go bankrupt. Beginning to think I can't make a level 5 YA work long term, but we'll see if anyone gets their cheque books out.

fo BakerMan
User
Registered2013-04-05
eng Jaypridee Town
il Numpty >> saturday december 4 - 19:00

Seems like my prediction of an England win was totally wrong. 

Obviously I have some powers ... must try that on another team :D

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
eng Stephen >> saturday december 4 - 22:05

I deliberately lost to make you look foolish. Would have easily won otherwise, obviously...

Two very evenly matched sides. One GK was in outstanding form, another wasn't. If I'm voted back in, I hope to have a good crack at the World Cup. The country needs an outstanding midfielder urgently, if anyone has one. Check behind the sofas in your Youth Academies.

eng Stephen
Head Admin
Registered2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
il Numpty >> saturday december 4 - 22:58, Edited saturday december 4 - 23:02

No need to take such drastic action - I'm quite capable of looking foolish all by myself. :)

Talking of ouistanding mids, I see that the player who scored both goals in the final is now on £8 million a day. No-one can afford that and probably the only reason he's still in work is he's now managed by a bot after the manager resigned about a month ago. 

It makes the game seem rather ridiculous ... 

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
ca Alex Seymour >> tuesday december 7 - 04:53

Out on Penalties. I couldn't score against that monster of a keeper. Oh well, Canvey's European adventure is over :-(

ca Alex Seymour
User
Registered2013-12-02
ca Hamilton FC
eng Lee >> tuesday december 7 - 21:47

A tough introduction to European football.......on the bright side, there are a number of 'Canvey Island FC on Tour Europe 2021' flags available at half price if you're looking for stocking stuffers.

eng Lee
User
Registered2014-10-14
eng Canvey Pixels
il Numpty >> wednesday december 8 - 17:03

I'm looking for stocking stuffers. 

Has anyone seen a nice pair of legs... ? 

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets