League of England season 69

Forum: League forum rss-feed

Discuss your league, who are the favorites to win the league this season? Who will be promoted/relegated, how are you doing in the cup?

Return to forum index

Season 71 (54)

fr Blackwhite >> monday march 6 - 07:52

Here I am back but quite tired of this Covid unlike my son who has lost his sense of smell...

==> In the league it will be a struggle until the last day because everything is possible in this game.  : Who would have predicted Jaypridee's defeat at home last night?

==> There are therefore 7 games left to play with a 2-point lead over Seaburn: I therefore have a joker of a draw given my goal difference

Happy end of season

fr Blackwhite
Community admin
Registered2015-09-30
fr Les Licornes Blanches
eng Dragontao >> monday march 6 - 08:17, Edited monday march 6 - 17:59

...and we have a bot as a manager jumps ship. Stadium and youth centre down to 9 in the club formerly known as Collie Club and, lastly Sungur. I doubt there's any recovery for it now. More short term managers loom large in the club's future.

eng Dragontao
User
Registered2013-09-07
eng Colchester City #2
il Numpty >> monday march 6 - 11:01

They've got a few useful players so they'll be a jumpers' paradise for a few seasons. But they'll gradually slide down further with every downgrade.

There are currently about 5 jumpers in league 2. They seem to last a bit longer there as they don't take such a regular beating. 

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
fr Blackwhite >> monday march 6 - 15:26

And the manager of Sungur Cty who abandons his team (became a BOT team named Whitehaven Town)

fr Blackwhite
Community admin
Registered2015-09-30
fr Les Licornes Blanches
fo BakerMan >> monday march 6 - 19:42

Well, I didn't predict my loss at home, especially not with 18 shots to 3!

Despite looking good on paper(/screen), my goalkeeper consistently underperforms. I am seriously thinkling of breaking the habit of many, many seasons and hitting the transfer market this off sesaon...

Overall my league season has been disappointing to say the least, European progress deeply underwhelming, Cup was unfortunate (loss on penalties to LGA despite 21 shots to 11), and the Youth Cup the only (surprising) bright spot, though ask me again tomorrow if we lose the Youth Cup final and I might change my mind on that as well.

fo BakerMan
User
Registered2013-04-05
eng Jaypridee Town
eng Dragontao >> tuesday march 7 - 21:16

The less said about the Youth Cup final the better ...

... (well done though Bakerman, I expected a heavier defeat than that).

On another note, the bot now has a classic jumper in charge. I predict it won't be called Leicester City for long.

eng Dragontao
User
Registered2013-09-07
eng Colchester City #2
fr Blackwhite >> wednesday march 8 - 08:43

The England Cup remains with the Gothics.

It's the first time that my Gothics win against Seaburn and our goalkeeper recruited this season was decisive

The statistics for this match are identical to those of the championship match: victory goes to the team with the fewest shots!

• 4 shots with 1 goal for Seaburn in the Championship
  • 4 shots with 1 goal for Gothics in the Cup

This is our second Cup but I have no doubt that Seaburn will be very strong again. There is significant young potential...which is progressing very quickly

fr Blackwhite
Community admin
Registered2015-09-30
fr Les Licornes Blanches
eng Stephen >> wednesday march 8 - 20:48

Seaburn Beach, so called because of the salty, salty tears. 

eng Stephen
Head Admin
Registered2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
eng Lee >> friday march 10 - 20:28

Yes, the battle for top spot does go to the last game.....but, more importantly, so does the battle for 6th place (and Europe) - that's where the excitement is!

eng Lee
User
Registered2014-10-14
eng Canvey Pixels
eng Dragontao >> saturday march 11 - 09:52

By my reckoning a 9 goal winning margin will see you pip me for 6th spot on goals scored after my final 1-0 victory earlier.

My squad isn't anywhere near good enough, no strength in depth, for a European campaign and don't have the money to strenghthen. So I wouldn't be too upset if you did somehow manage it.

eng Dragontao
User
Registered2013-09-07
eng Colchester City #2
eng Lee >> saturday march 11 - 12:12

Only 9 goals?? I'll manage that in the first half! :)

Sorry Dragontao but I have a strong feeling you will be qualifying - you should have let me win my recent home game, so you could avoid this horrible situation.

eng Lee
User
Registered2014-10-14
eng Canvey Pixels
eng Dragontao >> saturday march 11 - 13:03

Sadly my nature doesn't ever allow me to lose deliberately. Though I'm usually a bad enough manager to do it on my own.  I fully expected to lose that match, ME took pity on me. 

eng Dragontao
User
Registered2013-09-07
eng Colchester City #2
fr Blackwhite >> saturday march 11 - 20:29

It's done !

My Gothiques Amiénois won this championship in front of Seaburn Beach and it took until the last day for that

After several seasons 2nd behind Seaburn this season is the right one.

And to complete this superb season, we won the England Cup.

The objective of winning the championship is thus achieved

fr Blackwhite
Community admin
Registered2015-09-30
fr Les Licornes Blanches
eng Lee >> saturday march 11 - 21:16

Congratulations Blackwhite - the dawn of a new era!

eng Lee
User
Registered2014-10-14
eng Canvey Pixels
eng Stephen >> saturday march 11 - 22:09, Edited saturday march 11 - 22:10

Well done Blackwhite, fully deserved

eng Stephen
Head Admin
Registered2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach