League of England season 71 [2]

Forum: League forum rss-feed

Discuss your league, who are the favorites to win the league this season? Who will be promoted/relegated, how are you doing in the cup?

Return to forum index

Ferndown United vs Robbing Hoodies (5)

us Matty >> tuesday september 30 - 18:51
Ferndown Commons is the setting for this England League 2 matchup, pitting teams on the opposite ends of this season's success spectrum. On the one hand, we have Robbing Hoodies, a mere two points from the promotion playoff spots. Led by the ferocious tackling of Brian Clough (6 yellow cards) and the tenacious keeping of Charles Foulkes (7 clean sheets), the Hoodies will look to take points off their hosts.

Ferndown United has had a bit of a rough go this season, with the latest blow an injury to top scorer Nwan Diack, who is not expected to feature in the game. In his place, Uruguayan striker Eugenio Ocana has deputized admirably, though results have been hard to come by. Ferndown sits just above the relegation playoff places, and even with the fine efforts of Cheung-Suen Fok (9 assists) and Roger Arismendez (7 clean sheets), the team looks a bit ragged at present. Still the home fans will be in some voice as they attempt to spur their lads to victory. Look for United to offer attacks starting with the pact Tristan Seda's overlapping runs from the fullback spot to link up with Macie Nguesso and Fok in midfield, finishing with Ocana or Charlie MacDonald firing from the striker position.

Asked how he planned to tackle the threat of Hoodies' offense, which scored two in the season's earlier 2-0 win against Ferndown, American center back Zack Tinney put it bluntly: "never let them get comfortable on the ball, and make sure they have a boot to concern themselves with at all times. We can't be afraid to get stuck in at this stage of the game…bit too late for discretion at this point."
us Matty
Registered2013-05-20
eng Boltinho >> tuesday september 30 - 19:23
Tabloids suggest Bollington Allstars manager will be attending tomorrows vital match up. No doubt watching intently from the stands hoping Ferndown take all 3 points which would be crucial in closing the gap for one of the sort after playoff spots.
eng Boltinho
User
Registered2013-10-16
eng Cloughie >> tuesday september 30 - 19:27
Robbin Hoodies will be looking to bounce back after loosing to top of the league, although with the current away form and the fact that the bookies are giving 4-1 odds i can't see anything but a home win.

When asked what will be your strategy for the upcoming fixture Cloughie told BBC news 'well at this stage of the season every point matters so we will look to defend from the front' He also added " if you look at the last game we conceded a penalty and a corner so this week the lads have been practicing their set pieces"

Although Cloughie and his assistant Peter Taylor avoided questions about the Hoodies team line-up they did let on that the u21 starlet Fazio would be making an apperance "We have nurtured the young talent that is Fazio and we believe he is ready for the step up to the senior sqaud"

When questioned whether this was a rash decision and was simply to shake the current squad Cloughie stormed out of the press conference kicking a camera over on the way out!
The English FA then released the following statement -"The FA has received a complaint and are investigating a statement will be released in due course"

Obviously the pressure is getting to the the well known manager, with opposition fans chanting 'you're getting sacked in the morning'.
eng Cloughie
User
Registered2013-10-15
eng Robbing Hoodies
us Matty >> wednesday october 1 - 17:53
Following an entertaining back and forth draw, Ferndown's manager mentioned he was "proud of the effort put forth by the lads… honestly, you'd told me we'd be missing Nwan Diack for a critical match against one of the upper tier teams and still salvage a point, I'd have had you committed. I thought Fok and Ocana played well, and obviously, Arismendez coming in at the half really kept things calm at the back for us."

Asked about Hoodies' senior side debutant Fazio: "bright lad, good future. Showed what young guys had to offer up and down the board. Initial bit of nerves and a stupid overreaction got him that card, but his assist for the goal was pure class, and I think he was a decent choice for MOM. I'd have voted for Fok myself, but you lot in the media didn't go too far astray in this choice."
us Matty
Registered2013-05-20
eng Cloughie >> wednesday october 1 - 17:58
After a lack lustered performance from both sides a share of the spoils is a fair result. The hoodies not looking like the away side with 54% possesion were not effective in the final third with only the one shot produced in the full 90 min. Ferndown on the other managed 5 shots but only two on target.

This one will not be shown first on match of the day tonight as there just wasn't any passion or drive to push for the 3 points! both teams looked happy to settle for the draw with hardly any action in the second half.

On a lighter note there was a big cheer around the ground when the cameraman caught Cloughie asleep in the forest dugout! When questioned later in the press conference was he actually sleeping Cloughie replied " well can you blame me, if i was the one of the Hoodies supporters i'd be asking Ferndown for a refund!"
eng Cloughie
User
Registered2013-10-15
eng Robbing Hoodies