League of Iceland season 58

Forum: League forum rss-feed

Discuss your league, who are the favorites to win the league this season? Who will be promoted/relegated, how are you doing in the cup?

Return to forum index

Should I stay or should I go now... (5)

is Bobstar >> wednesday may 2 - 11:28

Hi All,

Just wanted to share some thoughts!

It is nice that the Icelandic leauge has become much better, thanks for alle new contestants starting in the leauge. However lately I am losing my interest in this game, at the moment I am only hunting for flags in the friendly mission department.

I was wondering how it stand with your motivation for the game and curious about do you think that you can really make a tactical difference in the game. I always thought no, but after getting my ass kicked by the unicorns for multiple seasons in a row I think that maybe you can be a better manager and it is not only about having the bigger wallet. Really exited about your Icelandic NT work, finally someone who really gave it a go, after the last time I reached QF european and 3rd WC with them, but we had a great goalie then... So good work for showing me that the manager is an important factor, however I still feel that the engine has a to high luck factor... Maybe just looking for a little more challenge except being a manager simulation game.. It is all 5-3-2 playing, some persons using the special button which makes it a coinflip,and being originally form the Netherlands I like to play an 4-4-2 diamond or an 4-3-3 but I just can't seem to make it work well enough against the better teams... But I just don't like the 5-3-2 system :), but maybe I should not be so stubborn and start using it for better results..

So thought about leaving Iceland for the first time and start somewhere fresh and regaining interest by building a new squad, because I think the costs for a 2nd team are absurd high... But that would mean some serious rebuilding and I finally finished my TC 12 last week... So here I am thinking about what to do and if I can find back the real fun in the game. Sure gonna stick around for 2 more seasons, maybe gonna rebuild from scratch in the youth.. Have build an excel formula about which youngsters I should be so would be interesting to see if my calculations are correct...

So here I am, sharing my thought and going to post some more the next two seasons and trying to regain some enthusiasm about the game and hopefully learn something to be a better manager if I will stay.. ( Also having a fun run with ST lucia btw as NT manager, which is nice to do again). 

So thanks all for the read and joining the beautifull Iceland leauge... Have a nice end of the season all!!

is Bobstar
User
Registered2013-09-04
nl Upstairsnl >> friday may 4 - 22:56

I am still learning the game and trying to get a better team by training the young players.

The gap with the good teams is really big andnot easy to get at the same level. For now I cannot help you. Just can give you my thoughts.

nl Upstairsnl
User
Registered2017-09-02
tv TUV-Upstairs
eng Dale Slater >> saturday may 5 - 18:42

The reasons are the same as why i left england after 27 season. I couldnt get anywhere near the top team as i have no v.i.p but hope you stay mate.

eng Dale Slater
User
Registered2013-11-25
eng South Shields FC
fr Blackwhite >> sunday may 6 - 17:50

I'm not a great manager, I do not have the best players, I try to buy poorly trained and cheap players and then review the formation of these players
On the player side, I always try to have players with the attributes provided for each position to be successful.
I use the 532, but from time to time the 433 or 442 depending on the team in front

Regarding the national team, I am satisfied with the results of the team. I also try to give playing time, experience to a maximum of players.
The only regret is that we do not have a big goolkeeper in Iceland ...

==> What's good now is that we're going to have a full league

fr Blackwhite
Community admin
Registered2015-09-30
fr Les Licornes Blanches
is Bobstar >> wednesday may 9 - 15:25

I have a really great Icelandic goalkeeper coming with 6+talent, but he is only 16 years old.... But for Icelandic proportions he is going to be an epic goalkeeper.. ( Brimissson remember his name ;))

Thanks for the responses guys :), so far looking two seasons ahead and lets see what happens.. Maybe you dont think you are a great manager Blackwhite, I think you are...

is Bobstar
User
Registered2013-09-04