League of Kiribati season 46

Forum: League forum rss-feed

Discuss your league, who are the favorites to win the league this season? Who will be promoted/relegated, how are you doing in the cup?

Return to forum index

Division 1 Review - S18 - G6 (12)

eng Pablo del Loco >> sunday july 19 - 15:32
Back by (almost) popular demand, the Div.1 review. First of all a big welcome to the teams that came up from Div.2 last season, "FC Tamana" (1st) & "Tarawa City FC" (3rd Play-offs)

6 games have been played so far and it's a good indication of things to come. Last seasons champions "moons" are sitting pretty in joint 1st along with Div.1 new boys "FC Tamana" and the much improved "FC Caixin". All unbeaten with 5 wins and 1 draw. "moons" take it with a ridiculously good goal difference so far. 10 goals from "V. Bernadisus" and 8 goals from "G. Bakeyev" go a long way to helping that goal difference. Special mention to current Div.1 Top Goalscorer "P. Hoby" with a blistering 17 goals from 6 games!!! Certainly one to watch out for.

It's still tight in the chasing pack with only 3 points separating 4th to 9th. "Sporting Alamogordo" appeared to add a few decent players during the transfer window and last seasons main challengers "Tarawa Jianlibao FC" definitely have the quality to mount a push for the title in the coming weeks with "Malu El Hadary" topping the assists charts with 10 in 6 games. "FC SIP" added real strength in depth to their team and should prove difficult to beat.

Down at the bottom of the table the realisation that this season is going to be tough must surely be setting in. 3 teams have failed to register a point yet "FC Nikunau", "Tarawa Utd Football Club" & "Kuria Kings FCK". "Tarawa Utd Football Club" have so far conceded incredible 43 goals so far, but one positive is that they have scored 9 so hope should still be there. (To be fair though, all you need to do is have a few games in a row against some of the big boys and your GD can be ruined.)

There's still a long way to go and a lot can still happen in the league of Kiribati Division 1 Championship.

Would love to know your thoughts on everything this wonderfully crazy division has to offer!!!
eng Pablo del Loco
User
Registered2015-06-24
ki Hammer >> monday july 20 - 05:15
Hammer's 4th place Sporting Alamogordo hosts Caixin's 3rd place FC Caixin in what should be an early season battle of giants. The slight underdogs, Sporting Alamogordo will be looking to capitalize on FC Caixin's star loaned keeper Vladimir Melami being injured, but with their star studded midfield of youths Braulio Trebizo and Basilio Pomeleo out due to fatigue, can they create the necessary chances needed to neutralize the almost guaranteed goals of Caixin's Ferdinando Cuéllar?

A loss for Sporting Alamogordo could see them fall as low as 7th place, with Tarawa Jianlibao FC, FC Sip, and Tarawa City FC all nipping strongly at their heels!

---

Shout out to FC Nikunau in the league. Although he's sitting low on the tables, Nav built a star-studded squad of the most popular players around, which should help to make FC Nikunau the most popular team in the league in the near future!
ki Hammer
User
Registered2015-06-18
ki Hammer >> monday july 20 - 07:54, Edited monday july 20 - 07:54
Couple more matches to look out for today:

Kiribati Newbie's FC SIP hosts Jim Bob's undefeated FC Tamana which should be a solid match up! With P. Hoby leading the charge, Jim BoB should be expecting a lot of goals from his squad, but my money is on FC Sip to put out a strong showing for the home crowd.

Also happening today, FC Nikunau hosts the inactive Kuria Kings FCK. A win here would be a step in the right direction for FC Nikunau to be safe from relegation for the season, and with his popular squad you can expect close to a sold out stadium!
ki Hammer
User
Registered2015-06-18
lv nav >> monday july 20 - 11:41
My goal defenetly to stay but at mid transfers i will do something i dont have striker right now hope for draw noting more i can expect now mybe 1-0 victory
lv nav
Registered2015-05-24
au Jim Bob >> monday july 20 - 13:07
I was pretty lucky that I was on the verge of giving up the game, and then Kiribati appeared and gave me a new challenge. I had a few valuable players and coming here with enough cash to build everything I needed was a good use of them.

I have tried to buy players that will be reasonable quality to get me through but tried to shy away from the cheap high starred 28+ year olds as I am trying to plan for 2-3 seasons away rather than now.

I think my team are more than good enough to win this season, and with their ages and my quickly increasing Training complex, I think I will be there or thereabouts for a few seasons. I think that it will be between me and Tarawa Jianlibao FC for a couple of seasons. Moons are a good side, and have a great chance of winning this season, but without heavy investment, the ageing players are going to fade without much depth coming in behind them.

I am glad that I had enough cash to hang on to Hoby. Another couple in tonight's game bringing him up to 19 in 7 games. That is now 38 goals in his 16 league games.

Anyway, good luck everyone.
au Jim Bob
Registered2013-09-07
ki 群主是送分机器 >> tuesday july 21 - 07:44
Guys,

I just feel lucky to play with you in the same league, in this fruitful land, and with you passionate managers. No matter it is to win or to lose, I just hope that you can stay here and consolidate this active 'regime'.

@Pablo, your report and analytics are always so professional that I was thinking you are a journalist? LOL

@Hammer, sorry that I failed you yesterday. Tamana was indeed stronger than me and My bet is on today's match with Makin.

@Jim Bob, on the other hand, I am feeling a bit regretful now as I didn't send my strongest squad in the match yesterday. I am thinking maybe I had a chance, but it was me who let it slip away. Congratulations.
ki 群主是送分机器
User
Registered2014-10-28
ki Hammer >> wednesday july 22 - 07:15
Yep, it definitely is an amazing league so far!

I go into the match with you tomorrow Jim Bob with injuries and fatigue everywhere. As much as I REALLY want to try and shut down that striker of yours, it looks like you're going to get a free pass from me lol.
ki Hammer
User
Registered2015-06-18
ki Hammer >> wednesday july 22 - 07:23
From what I can see too, the top four matchup dynamic will definitely be interesting once http://rockingsoccer.com/en/soccer/info/team-22708 joins the mix next season.

It does look like he sold his three younger high value players for a lot of $$ and then filled his squad with 28yo+ depth, but for the next three seasons his team will still look deadly. He also plays the transfer window very well, buying players on the cheap and flipping them for a profit a few days later.
ki Hammer
User
Registered2015-06-18
cr Marat >> wednesday july 22 - 09:59
Hello
My next season promises to be that I will be in the first division , now I earn a little on winning league games on television rights and plans to strengthen for next season greetings to all active.
cr Marat
Registered2015-03-03
cn 你们没事天天瞎验证人玩? >> monday august 17 - 06:44
Nice
cn 你们没事天天瞎验证人玩?
User
Registered2015-01-09
au Jim Bob >> saturday august 22 - 12:30
Congratulations on winning the title Emily. Great effort. It's going to get harder next season with Sporting Abaiang to compete against.
au Jim Bob
Registered2013-09-07