League of Sint Maarten season 49

Forum: League forum rss-feed

Discuss your league, who are the favorites to win the league this season? Who will be promoted/relegated, how are you doing in the cup?

Return to forum index

NT topic (23)

ee onuelver >> sunday september 30 - 06:29

Sorry but my opinion about him has not changed to better. His SM team log says all: joining and leaving same team 3 times in a row is NOT normal- so i'm more convinced that i was right about him. I am polite with people who deserve it but usually i say straight what i think. 

I think i explained earlier enough about my player selection and what level every player is. He just don't understand this game and maybe expect that after taking over random team it's possible to reach top with less than 3 seasons. At least he knows nothing about player strength. Half of shortlist players are on level that i would sell those from my clubs to bank without mercy as nobody wouldn't want them buy. I understanded and described reasons of this too and i didn't expect that we will qualify surely to World Cup as we never did it earlier. We lost to clearly stronger teams and beat team about same class as our team. There was just one match we deserved better result than we did. Our first squad is weaker than most NT's reserves. It will take long time when SM can be regular qualifier: at first we need to wait when there come first academy players from local league. And NT managers must keep same line and prefer younger players in interlands. Playing same lineup in quali and interland is bad management especally when interland is before quali match. Yes we could maybe have couple of draws from interlands but it's not important whether we are 188th or 155th on rankings at cost of future seasons and players being with less experience and weaker.

I don't plan to candidate for Sint Maarten, it was just draw because nobody wanted this job. If it will bring me again here i try again do my best and think about the future. I fighted for some special attributes on some players sucessfully but some managers didn't want to train them and they aren't good enough even for this team.

We have still not even mediocre DM, only 2 decent forwards who are quite old for this position and only one keeper good enough for international level. 

ee onuelver
User
Registered2014-09-02
ee Puka City Strikes Back
nl Abe Bodaan >> tuesday october 2 - 13:32

I think you are doing a fine job being a NT manager of our country. Your selection and result are fine. I also agree with you that SM is lacking behind with the quality of players.

The league has been resetted just a few seasons ago so it will take time, but i am confident that we can get there on the long run!

nl Abe Bodaan
User
Registered2013-05-27
cw Meteora
nl rjamlo >> wednesday october 3 - 11:03

Im going to try to get as many SM talents as possible!

but we need time to train them, think about 7...maybe 8  seasons....

to heave some good players from the SM competition

nl rjamlo
Registered2013-05-31
ee onuelver >> sunday october 7 - 05:13, Edited sunday october 7 - 05:17

Yep...current young generation that appear in shortlist is quite dreadful.

Cadema is just mediocre keeper with talent only 4.85 but at least trained normally and can be reach somewhere to Dez level. As Cadema has his interlands i bringed in Dez for still potential #2 keeper on next cycle. We lost Schuurman as he was not good enough to his club and sold to bank because nobody wanted him. 

Defenders are all just average and last of them (Celiceo and Edelmann) are quite wasted. 

Demmer is currently only younger mid and will be future star player.

Farrington looks ok and with talent should be one of next stars with Cubides. Ragland is quite average and Darlang will pass him too.

Generation that would be good enough is not born yet. As i said earlier we are just on mercy of foreign league managers as SM league teams are too young at their history to have good enough(10 or better) TC/YC. Defensive half will be weakest part for several cycles of qualifications and was already this time: we had often amount of chances same as opponents but their defence eliminated them far better.  Many of current shortlist may share fate of Schuurman as they really are not good enough players for most clubs.

ee onuelver
User
Registered2014-09-02
nl rjamlo >> friday october 12 - 16:03

I havn't got a single 5*+ talent!

going as fast as i could

nl rjamlo
Registered2013-05-31
nl Abe Bodaan >> friday october 19 - 13:04

We will get there.. somewhere in the future.

nl Abe Bodaan
User
Registered2013-05-27
cw Meteora
ee onuelver >> friday october 19 - 21:18

At least for next cycle you get really strong manager and his NT player is one of few players with some class. I hope he is same demanding as me about players training. Probably i have tendency to attract top managers to NTs i just managed laughing

ee onuelver
User
Registered2014-09-02
nl rjamlo >> monday october 22 - 08:33

:D

nl rjamlo
Registered2013-05-31