League of United States season 49 [2]

Forum: League forum rss-feed

Discuss your league, who are the favorites to win the league this season? Who will be promoted/relegated, how are you doing in the cup?

Return to forum index

1/2 way there, are you where you thought you'd be? (4)

us karl1962 >> tuesday march 4 - 18:28
The subject says it all.

I thought that I'd be competing for 1st or 2nd but I never thought at the half way point I'd be 4 wins away for equaling my last season win total. Well there's a long way to go in season 8, and luck can be fickle.
us karl1962
User
Registered2013-05-20
us Rocky Mountain Huskies
us jpeso >> wednesday march 5 - 00:52
At the half way I was hoping to be competing for 1st so that I had enough of a cushion to sell some of my best players.
Well part 1 done and now comes themore difficult part - staying in the division with a fairly new roster.
us jpeso
User
Registered2013-05-20
us Richmond
us ranks39 >> monday march 10 - 16:52
I'm quite disappointed, I think I have one of the better teams in the league, but still find myself in the middle of the table, I've lost by 3+ goals multiple times and I honestly don't believe that my team is 3 goals worse than ANY team in the league.....I guess I've got to focus on my tactics a bit more. Here's hoping the rest of the season plays out well....
us ranks39
Registered2013-02-12
us karl1962 >> wednesday march 12 - 21:05, Edited thursday march 13 - 05:26
@ranks39 I have to agree with no rhyme or reason with the outcome of matches. It does seem that there is a big home field advantage.

I'm big into young players. They will be with you longer and if they have good Talent they will get better faster then an equal old player, because if he had the talent he would be much better than he is.

I still haven't figured out keepers. It appears that having a decent keeper with some good defenders is better than having an awesome keeper.
us karl1962
User
Registered2013-05-20
us Rocky Mountain Huskies