League of United States season 62

Forum: League forum rss-feed

Discuss your league, who are the favorites to win the league this season? Who will be promoted/relegated, how are you doing in the cup?

Return to forum index

New NT squad (20)

us valentine >> tuesday march 11 - 11:41
I'm not running in it again because I've been the manager for one year in real life. I might consider choosing another team...Also I would retire from the position after March 25, that's for sure.
us valentine
User
Registered2013-02-08
us Pittsburgh Riverhounds
us valentine >> tuesday march 18 - 11:27
United States is in the same World Cup group with Netherlands,Hungary and Chinese Taipei, really tough draw in my opinion. I don't know what happens, but the draw yesterday was totally different, we were supposed to play with China if I'm correct...
us valentine
User
Registered2013-02-08
us Pittsburgh Riverhounds
vn Tak >> wednesday march 26 - 18:08
Nice match, valentine. Chinese manager was too caution even though they have the best striker in RS.
vn Tak
Registered2013-04-10
vn Avy Nguyen >> thursday march 27 - 14:31
Awesome, now you go to the semi-final. :o
vn Avy Nguyen
User
Registered2013-08-05
us Ulysses >> sunday march 30 - 06:07, Edited sunday march 30 - 18:05
Thank you for the opportunity to manage the national team! It's going to be tough to follow valentine - all I have to do is do no worse than winning the upcoming North American Cup.

In any case, I am going to go over some of the changes I made to the roster. Anyone with a suggestion should feel free to chime in.

I) Goaltending:
1) Locksmith is clearly the best starter with the best blocking, speed, and penalty stopper special attribute. He is also still relatively young.
2) Heath Nguyen is clearly the second best. I added him because I would like to carry a solid backup for the tournament in case of an injury. He is also still relatively young.
3) Locksmith is clearly the keeper of the future with his great fixed attributes and talent, and should catch up fast.

II) Defense:
1) I dropped some of the older players with lower dueling in favor of younger players with higher dueling and more potential to improve.
2) I have the 4 players with the best dueling in the country on the team between Harry Nguyen, Mark Ford, Fabio Zimolo, and Roberto Clemente, as well as 4 of the 5 players with the highest star value. Clemente and Nguyen are still in a class of their own, Ford is still solid, and the young supertalent Angus has great potential. I dropped Brasher since his dueling and fixed stats weren't very high; a lot of high star value is attributable to his high tactics (I suppose he might still be effective as a central defender or sweepder).
3) I dropped Headley and Gupergui for younger players with the potential for better dueling. Headley also has low endurance.
4) I added Zimolo since he is the only player on the list with the corner stopper attribute, which I think will be very important. He also has great dueling for his age, is relatively young, and has good talent relative to most of his competition.
5) Finally, both Irbarren and Chance have a lot of potential and will already be effective with their high fixed attributes and youth bonus. At the very least, they will be able to play in some interland matches.
6) Clemente and Nguyen should continue to provide scoring on defense and Clemente and Ford are both strong as central defenders. Nguyen and Angus have the speed and high star value to be effective on the sides.

III) Midfield:
1) In the midfield, I was going to make a lot of changes, but I was pretty much limited to choosing the players who get the 1 ball bonus in passing from playmaking, though I otherwise would have dropped some more players.
2) Farrington, Roberto Nguyen, and Henry Nguyen are still clearly in a class of their own.
3) Pike, Freeborn, and Ramos are all quality young players who most importantly have playmaking.
4) I dropped Peter Nguyen since he is getting old, has relatively low passing, and does not have playmaking.
5) I added John Murphy back for now, mostly since he has playmaking.
6) I added Frank Sage since he is young, is one of the few players with high passing who stands to improve further, and has access to a level 9 training complex.

IV) Offense:
1) The best forwards were straight forward since the forwards already on the team already had high scoring, speed, and good special attributes.
2) I only dropped the fifth forward, Ruth, for a younger player with high scoring and talent, Hallworth.

It would help the team a lot if the players who end up starting or the younger prospects who project to become starters could maximize their relevant fixed attributes (ex. power for midfielders, etc.).

In addition, penalty stopper for keepers, corner stopper for defenders, playmaking for midfielders, and sharpshooting for forwards would help a lot, and in some cases, make the difference between who makes the team and starts. Corner stopper for defenders would be especially helpful.

For anyone interested, here is the shortlist: http://rockingsoccer.com/en/soccer/info/team-496/shortlist
us Ulysses
User
Registered2013-02-07
us Polar Bear Council FC