League of United States season 62

Forum: League forum rss-feed

Discuss your league, who are the favorites to win the league this season? Who will be promoted/relegated, how are you doing in the cup?

Return to forum index

Season 47 (22)

us cdowne >> friday october 11 - 14:16

thanks valentine,

I don't think that I'm going to be competitive for the league for a couple of seasons.  I'm going to go with younger players this season. 

I am only producing level 14 American players.  

I am going to try to buy a couple of players to improve on my young players, but then avoid buying elite players for a few seasons.  

us cdowne
User
Registered2014-05-13
us Sidney Town FC
us Peter >> friday october 11 - 15:26

Good luck in future seasons guys, I'm going down for the time being. Maybe I'll come back in a couple seasons and compete for an NAL spot or higher. Looking at your upcoming youth as well as Valentine's, you will still be the top dogs down the road

us Peter
User
Registered2015-03-15
us Detroit Blazers
us Ulysses >> tuesday october 22 - 13:54, Edited tuesday october 22 - 13:55

I was unable to sell my 10th best defender at the minimum price for the second season in a row even though the player is popular and from a level 12 youth center.  Now I'm going to be losing 5 fanclub members per match since I can't justify playing him (especially since I have 3 other players I upgraded and wasn't able to sell in time).

us Ulysses
User
Registered2013-02-07
us Polar Bear Council FC
us valentine >> tuesday october 22 - 14:00

A lot of clubs have full attendance coming to their stadiums every match, that's why popularity is not an issue anymore. However, people would still have a concern about buying a popular player while he needs to be on the filed every match. 

us valentine
User
Registered2013-02-08
us Pittsburgh Riverhounds
us Ulysses >> tuesday october 22 - 14:18, Edited tuesday october 22 - 14:21

That makes sense.  I'd think that there would be a less advanced team that could use him for less than 50% of his market price.  I'd have been willing to buy him for my satellite club if it were allowed.  I suppose I'll have to let the player be sold to the bank if I have bad luck again the next time I try.

I guess I don't really need more popularity at this point beyond hitting the 10m benchmark.  I need a little more to be able to sell out my stadium without having to have a staff member for my stadium.

Also, one of the players I couldn't sell in time is also a popular player, but one who is good enough to start, offsetting the younger popular player.

us Ulysses
User
Registered2013-02-07
us Polar Bear Council FC
us valentine >> wednesday october 23 - 10:26

You can do that? I wish I had a satellite club too. I'm planning to have my VIP back in a few seasons and take another round of national coach when my level-15 youths grew up. 

us valentine
User
Registered2013-02-08
us Pittsburgh Riverhounds
us Ulysses >> wednesday october 23 - 22:36

I'm not sure which part you're referring to, but it's against the rules to purchase a player from one of your teams with another team (though loaning is allowed).  If you meant selling out your stadium without a staff member, I'm already pretty close now (within 5k), though that takes into account my VIP3.

us Ulysses
User
Registered2013-02-07
us Polar Bear Council FC