League of United States season 62

Forum: League forum rss-feed

Discuss your league, who are the favorites to win the league this season? Who will be promoted/relegated, how are you doing in the cup?

Return to forum index

Us national team (642)

us cdowne >> monday september 28 - 12:25

Is anyone interested in taking over the USNT? I can continue through world cup qualifying, but I've had a few chances to manage the team and would be happy to let another manager form this league take over. 

I'm going to put myself forward, but can pull out if there is interest. 

us cdowne
User
Registered2014-05-13
us Sidney Town FC
us cdowne >> monday october 5 - 13:11

US has a very difficult draw in the North American Championship.  I beleive that the two best teams were drawn into the same group, the US and Guatemala.  This was disappointing to see.  

We'll just have to make sure not to make any mistake against the other two teams, Cuba and St. Lucia.  

us cdowne
User
Registered2014-05-13
us Sidney Town FC
us cdowne >> friday october 9 - 13:37

The boys earned a comfortable win against Cuba in the North American Championships.  This sets us up well moving forward.  St. Lucia is run by a bot, so I'm assuming that will be a second win.  In all likelyhood that will be enough to advance to the next round.  Our third match against defending champion Guatemala will hopefully be for seeding, not to determine who advances to the next round.  If so, it's possible we can rest a couple of players so they are fresh for the knock out round.  Fatigue could be a factor in this tournament.  We have a deep squad and perhaps we can make this work in our favor.  

Another call for anyone interested in the NT manager position.  I can stick with it, but happy to move aside if there is interest.  

us cdowne
User
Registered2014-05-13
us Sidney Town FC
us valentine >> monday october 12 - 14:37

Good job passing British Virgin Islands! They have an insane goalie.

us valentine
User
Registered2013-02-08
us Pittsburgh Riverhounds
us cdowne >> monday october 12 - 15:09

Thanks valentine.  

It was a good win to get past the reigning world cup champs. Their goalie is a beast but we managed to get one passed him and thats all we needed. 

I believe we play Antigua and Barbuda next. We tied and beat them in qualifying.  It will be a close match, but we have the better team. We'll see if luck is with us.

us cdowne
User
Registered2014-05-13
us Sidney Town FC
us cdowne >> tuesday october 13 - 13:25

The US earned a big 5-1 win in the North American Championship semi-final today.  Antigua and Barbuda went up 1-0, but the US scored 5 unanswered goals for the easy win.  The US were benefitted by a bot designed lineup as well as a red card, forcing Antigua to play a man down.  

Guatemala won their semi-final 1-0 against the host nation.  They scored in the 120th minute on the last touch of the match.  They now have a very quick turnaround for tomorrow's final.  Many of their defenders will be tired after the overtime match. Hopefully this works in our favor. 

This will be a difficult matchup, but I like the US chances.   

us cdowne
User
Registered2014-05-13
us Sidney Town FC
us cdowne >> wednesday october 14 - 13:28, Edited monday october 26 - 19:03

I'm absolutely gutted about this loss.  We played hard and were the better team.  We outshot Guatemala 21-8 and had more tackles 15-7.  In the end we just couldn't score and lost in PKs. It took 7 rounds of PKs and we could have won had we converted more than 3 of 7 penalty kicks.  

The US had a hard road to the championship match.  We had to face Antigua in qualifying, who made the semi-finals.  Then we had to face Guatemala, the eventual champions in the group stage.  We also had to defeat world cup champions British Virgin Islands in the knockout stage.  Ultimately, we were unlucky to win.  

We have a reletive young core group, so we should be competitive moving forward. 

us cdowne
User
Registered2014-05-13
us Sidney Town FC
us Peter >> monday october 26 - 16:41

We got robbed vs. Guatemala. US shoulda won that.

us Peter
User
Registered2015-03-15
us Detroit Blazers
us cdowne >> wednesday december 2 - 23:08

We have a world cup qualifying matchup with Cuba.  We should win but dropped the first game away. The US is making a habit of dominating games but not getting results. Well have to change that in the next match vs Cuba in the US.

us cdowne
User
Registered2014-05-13
us Sidney Town FC
us cdowne >> sunday december 6 - 13:33

screw this game. 

us cdowne
User
Registered2014-05-13
us Sidney Town FC
us cdowne >> friday january 8 - 03:04

Anyone interested in the US NT job?

us cdowne
User
Registered2014-05-13
us Sidney Town FC
us valentine >> friday january 8 - 03:12

Yes, I'll apply for the job if no one else is interested. 

us valentine
User
Registered2013-02-08
us valentine >> monday may 10 - 02:53

The US lost 1-3 to Guadeloupe; I'm really disappointed about this loss. We're dominating the game for sure. By statics, we outshot Guadeloupe 30-12 and had more tackles 11-0. 

The only weakness of our squad is the goalkeeper, Pinnell, who's guarding the gate only has 8.49 blocking, while Le Jumel from Guadeloupe is 9.88 blocking. We also conceded two penalties, which leads to the unlucky result.

We still have a relatively young group, so I believe we will make it into the World Cup this time.

us valentine
User
Registered2013-02-08
us valentine >> friday july 16 - 05:58

One more match to go, but I think we already made it into the World Cup!

us valentine
User
Registered2013-02-08
us valentine >> monday august 16 - 01:16

The US has a difficult draw in the World Cup.  I believe we will play with Turkmenistan, one of the best teams in the World. Israel and Bulgaria are also strong teams from Europe.

The weakness in the current US squad is the goalkeeper. Phillip Pinnell, the star goalkeeper who's supposed to carry the team, only has 478 position experiences now. That said, the manager hasn’t decided if we will play with Pinnell or Phelps instead. 

us valentine
User
Registered2013-02-08