Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> Suggestions

Free agents market (13)

lv DJ_EV >> tuesday november 18 - 09:34
I've seen ideas similar like this, but I'll try to improve it. English isn't my first language, but hope you'll understand it.

So, I saw today, that team from my league fired 4 million worth keeper (probably just made a mistake and pressed "fire player" instead of "move to main squad"). I have experienced before that I try to bid on a player I need and he cancels his transfer (not because of me, but some random chinise guys) and manager just fires him!

So my suggestion is to add free agents market. How that would work? Like, when you fire player, he doesn't get fired, but moves to free agents market for 24 hours and everyone can bid his salary (bidding starts at his salary in previous club per year or, maybe, a little less, so the salaries doesn't become too high). If there's no bids, player gets deleted from game. It's like now you can choose "transfer" and "loan", in scout's office at transfertype, you could choose "free agents". Why that would be good?
1. It would prevent pretty good players getting deleted from game just because of manager's mistake or because he can't sell that player (I have seen over 6 star players getting fired, because maanger needs free place in their squad).
2. You could get pretty good players for dirty cheap sometimes, of course, if you don't bid like 1 million a year salary.
3. Of couse, most of fired players are useless and this idea could make overusing them. But some thought: what if bot teams can't bid on free agents? It would prevent from overusing useless players and they would still get deleted from game.

I hope you'll like this suggestion. :) Open to any comments, positive or negative. Maybe you have something to add?
lv DJ_EV
Registered2014-07-04
in Mr. Arpit >> tuesday november 18 - 09:36, Edited tuesday november 18 - 09:36
+1
in Mr. Arpit
User
Registered2013-12-09
in Thundering Pune
Good but have lots of disadvantages and the merit are few....

can easily kill the Transfer market were we already found some good players for cheap. ..
that's manager's would rather buy free agent 6 stars player than buying from the market

except if only youth player's from 8-10 YC at age of 18_20 could appear on the free agent for some hour before disappearing again. If really we want anything like free agent
lv daabols >> tuesday november 18 - 10:51
I totaly dont like that kind of changes
if free agents is cheaper than their market value
Because it will broke all transfer system
lv daabols
User
Registered2014-07-19
lv daabols >> tuesday november 18 - 10:55
If someone like idea then it should be like giving First free agent signing offer who is 120% from market value and then player is on regular transfer market as normal transfer

PS If it going to be cheaper then it will disapoint lot of people who now investing in players
lv daabols
User
Registered2014-07-19
lv daabols >> tuesday november 18 - 10:57
This free agent market shouldnt be place where to buy cheap players
lv daabols
User
Registered2014-07-19
hr Eddie >> tuesday november 18 - 11:23
Managers can sell to bank if no one wants to buy particular player. Even Vincent once said that as an answer to similar idea.
hr Eddie
Registered2014-05-03
lv DJ_EV >> tuesday november 18 - 13:56
@Eddie Krucifer Yeah, it's that, but you can't do that when player refuses the transfer. I saw post in forum some time ago that someone fired 6+ star player, because countinious times he refused the transfer.
lv DJ_EV
Registered2014-07-04
cw HyperInActief >> tuesday november 18 - 14:48
Bot teams are loaded with players that can be bought by offering around 120% of their value.
So in a sense this already exists.

But forget about that suggestion being implemented.
This and similar things have been suggested so often and Vincent has always been very strickt about it.
Players only get sold to the bank when nobody bids for them, so no point in making them available again.

And added to that, the market is loaded with players that are sold below value or not at all.
We finally seem to experience a market that is somewhat working for weak players, a free agent list will only ruin that again.
cw HyperInActief
User
Registered2013-06-16
at schorny >> tuesday november 18 - 15:46
Why would anyone fire a player instead of selling to bank?
at schorny
User
Registered2013-03-05
lv daabols >> tuesday november 18 - 15:55
It was proboly before new option
lv daabols
User
Registered2014-07-19
lv DJ_EV >> tuesday november 18 - 16:10
@schorny As I said, player refused the transfer and then manager fired him! That has happened sometimes.
lv DJ_EV
Registered2014-07-04
at schorny >> tuesday november 18 - 16:47
DJ_EV: he has just thrown away money. there is no need to do that.

so, besides the few people who are not really the cleverest, no one will fire players. seriously, it is just dumb to do that. selling to bank is ALWAYS the better option.

so this "free agent market" would be very very very very empty.
at schorny
User
Registered2013-03-05