Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> Questions

Do you must field your strongest squad at all times (7)

vu Amun-Ra >> tuesday april 30 - 14:08
I was wondering if you need to play every game as if you want to win it?

I've recently changed my tactics to fielding my strongest squad in home games, and fielding my most promising squad in away games.

I do this because its too hard to win away games and players only get experience for 20 matches a season so I thought it'd be better in the long run to field a weak squad in my away games.

It's still not really a weak squad for 3rd division (2star average), but I just wanted to check before I would get a warning or fine for 'selling games'
vu Amun-Ra
Registered2013-04-09
eng VicRattlehead >> tuesday april 30 - 17:52
I don't field my strongest squad every game as I want all my players to get experience. Also I don't think it is always possible when there are injuries, fatigue issues, and too many cards on certain players. But on some home games and games with close rivals I try to field my strongest squad.

Games I stand no chance in winning (i.e. against the top 3 teams in my league - If you don't believe me just compare their teams with mine) I generally let younger players and once that see less play into the squad.

And games against weak opponents I will tend to let some of my younger players play for all or half the game so that they get exp.
eng VicRattlehead
Registered2013-02-08
ro SpokenReasons >> tuesday april 30 - 18:28
You can put any squads you want in your matches. Nobody tells you how to play. You are the manager of your own club.
PS: I always use my best players in all matches and until now it went good. Im in the Romanian cup Final and 1st place in the romanian League.
ro SpokenReasons
User
Registered2013-03-11
eng Bigbob >> tuesday april 30 - 18:37, Edited tuesday april 30 - 18:41
I thought it was ok, as long as

You're not allowed to lose a match on purpose

from the help section

Finances: Fines

You can receive fines if you cheat or try to cheat in this game. There are a number of things that have standard fines. Things not listed here aren't by definition allowed.

Match fixing

You're not allowed to lose a match on purpose, or ask another player to lose one on purpose. If we notice this one or both of the teams involved may be fined. The amount of money you'll be fined for depends on the type of match (cup, league or international).

You can't be fined for friendly matches. Also, you are not obliged to always play with your best players. You will always be contacted by an admin before we decide whether or not we will fine you. A good rule is that you should always try to win against friends.
eng Bigbob
Registered2013-02-28
ro SpokenReasons >> tuesday april 30 - 22:13
No worries. Nothing bad will happen to anyone as long as they are fair play and they play for themselves. You are not allowed to lose a match on purpose but you are also allowed to use any players you want. Of course doing things like having a striker as a goalkeeper won`t be a wise ideea but if you have no GK available of course nobody will bother to do something.

So no worries. We try to keep an eye on everything but we are also realistic.
ro SpokenReasons
User
Registered2013-03-11
pl Ace >> wednesday may 1 - 18:19
Pepe, it depends. The help section advises you to rotate and you should if you want to maximize the development of your players. But if you have 11 strong players and the rest is weak, you can risk losing a game if you make to much changes. So do it reasonably or set up a U-21 team, where your youth can fill the match quota.
pl Ace
User
Registered2013-02-09
vu Amun-Ra >> wednesday may 1 - 18:45
''A good rule is that you should always try to win against friends.''

This is the line that made me doubt. I got to this game through an other online football game and I have 4 friends in my league. I checked how many home games we had left and how many games in total. For the home games I still have enough matches left for my strongest squad (matches they gain exp for) but the away games will be played with a weaker formation. Personally I dont care if I play against a friend or bot, so I will continue with my original plan then.

Thanks for clearing that up, I just wanted to be certain :)
vu Amun-Ra
Registered2013-04-09