Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> General discussion

Corner Kick = Goal? (9)

no Lied >> thursday may 9 - 19:19
Is it just me or does corner kicks often results in a goal? My last four goals came from corners and it seems to occur a lot more frequently than in real life.
no Lied
Registered2013-04-28
ro SpokenReasons >> thursday may 9 - 20:54
Why not? A corner kick can always produce a goal. Of course it doesnt have a 100% chance but, why not? Also, corner kick goals are nice, even in reality.
ro SpokenReasons
User
Registered2013-03-11
ar Gabrielorco >> thursday may 9 - 21:58
In your last match, where you have won 2-0 (the 2 goals by corner kicks), there were 9 corner kicks, so: 2/9 = 22,22% it's not always...
The four goals were made by 2 defenders. When a defender is attacking in a corner event, he has a plus of 1,5 balls in shoot. Maybe your opponents didn't have good defenders for deffensive corners.
ar Gabrielorco
Registered2012-12-19
cn 橙子 >> thursday may 9 - 22:31, Edited thursday may 9 - 22:31
I also find it is easy to get goals from corner kicks. But I don't think it is a problem since goals from other ways are also more than that in the real life. We can always see more than 5 goals in a match in the game... Right?

Why there are so many goals in a match ? IMO, our poor GKs must be responsible for it. Many teams have 3.5+ value DFs, CMs and FCs but only 2.5 value GK...

So when we get better GK more than 4 value or better, the problem will be solved.
cn 橙子
User
Registered2013-02-08
pl Ace >> friday may 10 - 06:34
It is a very useful set piece.
pl Ace
User
Registered2013-02-09
au Mr Legs >> friday may 10 - 07:34
I reckon I score less than 1/4 of my goals from corners, but it changes from match to match. I don't concede many goals from corners either, but then again I don't concede many goals. Helps having one of the best GKs in the game of course, with 19 clean sheets and only 22 goals conceded in 34 matches this season.
au Mr Legs
User
Registered2013-02-08
pl Ace >> friday may 10 - 08:24
Yup, your keeper is amazing. Keeper's position is generally essential for the success. I have 5 of them, none good enough, bot some are very promising.
pl Ace
User
Registered2013-02-09
no Lied >> friday may 10 - 13:00
@Gabriel

4 goals and 14 corners from my last two league matches, and my scout is predicting more corner goals in the next match:P

Not sure what surprises me more, the amount of corner kicks or the amount of goals from corner kick.

Since this game is very new I figured it was worth mentioning.
no Lied
Registered2013-04-28
nz Tiety Kooistra >> friday may 10 - 16:54
At this moment all the players are still very weak. This will result in a lot of trowins, corners, missed passes, missed goals and keepers that don't seem to do anything. In a corner situation it is because of all the fuss in the box easyer to score a goal when one of your players gets hold of the ball.
nz Tiety Kooistra
Registered2012-10-15